SPOILERS! Legends: Arceus Playthrough Discussion

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
While doing the combee quest, I found a shiny combee!
It was male

This should be illegal
Youve found FEMALE Combee?? I've looked at every single combee going and non have the red checkmark for Female :(

So you guys will be nice now and tell me that later in the game you unlock a way to mass-release pokemon.

There is one...right?
Literally second time I spoke to the pasture lady she gave me that info :| I found it super early on. Do we get more boxes later in the game because it feels like for a catch-a-thon style there's not enough pokemon boxes.

The shiny chances in this game are just too high, i havent shiny hunt yet but already found Starly, Psyduck, Sneasel-H and Stantler, thats too much for 60 hours of standard play.
Its OK, there are plenty of people out there who haven't hit any at all *cough*me*cough*

Edit: As a side note, does anyone know why the Feather Ball and its variants sometimes clonk, even without the Pokemon aggroed?
I think at extreme rages, the ball actually just goes through Pokemon, or bonks like you said. I've had to move closer a few times for it. No idea how the range works, but the Feather Ball *definitely* shoots "high" compared to the other balls. Its the one I've missed with the most.

Catching and battling is so seamless now that I'm going to have a hard time going back to the traditional way of the usual main series game. A lot of the mechanics feel like an amalgamation of Let's Go Eevee, Pokemon Go, and... Final Fantasy X with its conditional turn based combat. I enjoy the dynamic Agile and Strong Style moves bring and both have their really good uses; really like Strong Style status moves in particular because it makes them very accurate and last even longer. Instead of a usual team of 6, I've been rotating like 18 or so Pokemon to keep battles fresh and not end up horrifically overleveled; I've been doing a lot of exploring and extra tasks in each area so there's plenty of EXP and items to go around to keep every party member relevant.

Also FUCK the satchel space NPC. Just wanted to throw that out there.
I literally played FFX over December and I was surprised how similar the battle mechanics are. I'm more annoyed at the game just straight up ignoring the turn order sometimes (me/me/them suddenly being me/them/me) So I'm sometimes getting attacked out of sequence and I'm not entirely sure why. Perfect accuracy on the moves is really nice (I like Agile Hypnosis on Wyrdeer a lot).

Satchel guy is a money grabber in a game with tight money restraints.

I also ended up with an odd glitch with an Invisible Golbat... Haven't been able to recreate it since though.

Youve found FEMALE Combee?? I've looked at every single combee going and non have the red checkmark for Female :(
I've found several!

Literally second time I spoke to the pasture lady she gave me that info :| I found it super early on. Do we get more boxes later in the game because it feels like for a catch-a-thon style there's not enough pokemon boxes.
Boxes in this game work like every game since BW1: you start with a limited number of boxes and then they quietly expand based on how many you've put into.

Small shiny hunting update: my Zorua outbreak has continued past midnight, so I must have just screwed uo my last Zoroark encounter and saved after the game decided the outbreak was over but hadn't broadcast the message yet. I am being more careful with Zorua now, hovering above with braviary to avoid triggering the outbreak found message and only engaging to catch shinies. (I've triggered the outbreak found message without it ruining the method, but I figure may as well try to be a little but extra careful).

I must have gotten relatively lucky with my Zoroark encounters, because in a similar timeframe that I got 7 Zoroark shinies I've only gotten 3 Zorua (and I have perfect on Zorua's dex, though that only adds one extra shiny roll).

How long is it going to take me to get a shiny alpha Zorua?? ;_; I appreciate my full odds shiny alpha krucketune a lot more now.

I completed the Dex yesterday and got everything to research level 10. After getting the Shiny Charm, I immediately find 2 shinies in the Obsidian Fieldlands, a Geodude and an Ursaring in a time-space distortion. The shiny odds are insane in this game.

I've managed to burn through a number of Pokemon. Only 30 normal Pokemon left, plus Giratina & the wind folk.

most of these wont be too bad. I'll have to grind out some Merit to get some Razor Claws and a Razor Fang, though.
The real problems will be:
-Pichu/Pikachu. I dont even know where these can spawn consistently on Nature's Pantry, it's not a very intuitive area, and I've still yet to see them in either the Floaro Gardens or the Golden Lowlands either. It's getting exponentially more frustrating.
-Munchlax. I think my best bet here is the hotsprings, rather than the deer tracks.
-Magnemite, Magneton. The ONLY rift Pokemon I have left and that sucks. Little weird they're in the coastlands. I guess I'll jsut go there and just. Sit around. For hours.
-Happiny. Of all things...I've actually seen a bunch of Chansey & Blissey all over but the happiny aren't spawning.
-Spiritomb. I've got a little over half so its just following a guide. more tedious than anything.

Is there a moss rock somewhere in the game or do I have to use a Leaf Stone? That's more merit to build up if not.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
The real problems will be:
-Pichu/Pikachu. I dont even know where these can spawn consistently on Nature's Pantry, it's not a very intuitive area, and I've still yet to see them in either the Floaro Gardens or the Golden Lowlands either. It's getting exponentially more frustrating.
Theres definitely a fixed Pikachu spawn near the Alpha Bibarel on the way towards Kleavors den.

most of these wont be too bad. I'll have to grind out some Merit to get some Razor Claws and a Razor Fang, though.
You can just KO wild Sneasel and they have a chance of dropping a Razor Claw. The Moss Rock is also near the Grand Tree on the far left side near where a bunch of Beautifly/Dustox spawn.

Theres definitely a fixed Pikachu spawn near the Alpha Bibarel on the way towards Kleavors den.
Is there? because i've flown all around the area and i just never see one. I have to be missing it, is there an image, with its location marked, anywhere? I just see nothing but paras & kricketot as far as the eye can see.

You can just KO wild Sneasel and they have a chance of dropping a Razor Claw. The Moss Rock is also near the Grand Tree on the far left side near where a bunch of Beautifly/Dustox spawn.
Thanks for the tip!

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Is there? because i've flown all around the area and i just never see one. I have to be missing it, is there an image, with its location marked, anywhere? I just see nothing but paras & kricketot as far as the eye can see.

Thanks for the tip!
Is in the road that goes between Alpha Parasect and Alpha Bibarel, you can see Pichu in this pic but i often find Pikachu instead
Pichu.jpg
Look for the really small pond.

-Munchlax. I think my best bet here is the hotsprings, rather than the deer tracks.
This is what I did. Serebii says it's a rare spawn rate (about 3%) but the hot springs is basically right next to the second camp and has all its spawn locations bundled in one clear spot, so it's far easier and quicker to check.

Did you get all the Unown? I had to use a guide for both those and Spiritomb. ... well, I guess I didn't have to but I didn't feel like spending ages following clues lol

typical, first time i go to that spot and there wasn't a pichu or pikachu anywhere. Maybe I scared it off on the approach. Ah well, at least I have a dedicated spot to look for.
This is what I did. Serebii says it's a rare spawn rate (about 3%) but the hot springs is basically right next to the second camp and has all its spawn locations bundled in one clear spot, so it's far easier and quicker to check.

Did you get all the Unown? I had to use a guide for both those and Spiritomb. ... well, I guess I didn't have to but I didn't feel like spending ages following clues lol
Not yet no, but you only need one Unown (I have like 4 now tho) to count as a "capture".
Arceus only cares about captures not completed research levels, thankfully.

I mean I'll still probably go for it but, Still.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Three mons left to get, and I'm basically just grinding Merit Points at this point. Anyone have any tips on getting satchels to steadily spawn?

-Magnemite, Magneton. The ONLY rift Pokemon I have left and that sucks. Little weird they're in the coastlands. I guess I'll jsut go there and just. Sit around. For hours.
-Happiny. Of all things...I've actually seen a bunch of Chansey & Blissey all over but the happiny aren't spawning.
-Spiritomb. I've got a little over half so its just following a guide. more tedious than anything.
For some of these rare mons, I found it useful to just look up how to get them on YouTube. There are lots of short videos out there showing exactly where to find specific mons.

Three mons left to get, and I'm basically just grinding Merit Points at this point. Anyone have any tips on getting satchels to steadily spawn?

For some of these rare mons, I found it useful to just look up how to get them on YouTube. There are lots of short videos out there showing exactly where to find specific mons.
Well thanks to help here I know where Pichu/Pikachu spawn so that's jsut a matter of rolling the dice.
And I know where Magnemite & magneton spawn but that's not just rolling the dice, but rolling the dice while waiting out the clock unless someone's found a way to trick spawns of rifts ( iwish you could at least increase their rate with dialga & palkia)
Munchlax spawning at the hot springs has a very limited area anyway

Spiritomb's full guide, of course.

I guess I could see if Happiny spawn anywhere special, though I figure it's near where blissey & chansey sometimes spawn on the Slopes.

Do *all* one time stationary encounters respawn if defeated?

EDIT: Also a requirement I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. The Sea's Legend requires you to reach a certain point in the story, but you also have to be Fifth Star rank. This makes sense, given Manaphy will stop obeying you after levelling up once unless you've reached that rank.

Last edited:
Found Pikachu (& by extension got Raichu).

While doing rounds for Pichus (wish breeding was in this game....) I looked up the specific spots where Happiny spawns (its ON TOP of oreburow!) and on the way there I felt so teased. The ambiance can, I guess, play any pokeon that can spawn there as cries and i kept hearing chansey & happiny but didn't find them on the past couple attempts. Typical, right?

Meanwhile, away from the fieldlands loops (which I need to add munchlax into, if i'm going to keep being here for a while), I want to talk about the most comical one of these at coronet: Bonsly.

Bonsly is actually super easy to get in theory: in celestica ruins it will very routinely (if not guaranteed) jump out of shaking rocks. So of course now that I want them, I never see the rocks shake! Logically it's just bad luck, but emotionally it's the game spiting me, specifically.

Not counting the Ponyta from the request, I finally got my first shiny: a female Hisuian Basculin! Really glad being able to save in front of shinies is a thing because trying to catch Pokemon in the water is a horrible experience. Messed this one up about 3 times before finally catching her.

ApplicationFrameHost_IXY5NPn19L.jpg

ApplicationFrameHost_iW5J5TXa4b.jpg

My Great Capture Screenshot 2022-02-04 17-15-01.png

Having pacified the fifth noble, I have 183 Pokémon seen, 119 caught, and 30 complete. I've filled out enough of the Pokédex that I can infer the lines I haven't seen yet (Cherubi/Cherrim, Pachirisu, Spiritomb, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Rotom, and Zorua/Zoroark). As such I assume there isn't much of the main story left.

Though if my counting is correct, it there isn't enough room in the Pokédex for the Regis to be present. I wonder how you get Regigigas in that case.

In addition I have caught two more shinies, a Snorunt and Aipom. The Snorunt is male so I don't have to worry about what I should evolve it into. Already this game has quadrupled the amount of Shiny Pokémon I've ever caught, the first being a Spearow in Ultra Sun.

The space time distortions are the worst part of the game. The one Shieldon I caught during the story maxed out at research level 9 so now I have to go sit around the Highlands for another few hours. :puff:

Still not seen a Pichu or Happiny, but I did see an incredibly small Chansey and more importantly a Munchlax.
A rift formed since I was taking so long on this; sadly I already had the pokemon from it but I did pick up a few extra sneasels and got a couple or protectors so rhyperior is no need for merit.

Also here's a fun thing: Eevee mimicked Dark Void and used it against me. Guess siince they didn't need to worry about it they removed the "only darkrai can use" flag

I'm going to put pichu on hold and hunt for happiny in cobalt coastlands so i can fish around for space time rifts

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Any tips on the Enamorus encounter? I am really struggling
Beat the aggresive mons in the area first (like alpha Skuntank), so they dont disrupt the fight.
Hide behind a rock and try to take the first few shields with a wing ball from a safe distance (try to hit and run if she still attack you), for the last shield charge with Wyrdeer and throw something right next to her so you can quickly send out a mon to fight before she can recover, you may need some luck as she loves to use hurricane where you are standing, try using evade as soon as you leave wyrdeer if you have too much trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)