XY OU Latios Kills Everything (balanced semi voltturn offense) looking for serious reviews

With recent bans such as Aegislash and M-Mawille I decided to build a team around Specs Latios. The core of Latios/Rotom-W/Scizor seems to be working well and then I just have some random heavy hitters and heatran for utility.

This is my first RMT so be nice.

The team

Fodder Please (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Specs Latios hits like a truck, obviously the most commonly used set is the offensive life orb defog set, so this mons attacks can net some surprise OHKOs on mons that think they can take a hits. The idea of how I try to use Latios is a get the slow volt-turn with either Scizor or rotom to get Latios in safely and then fire of Dracos. Even if something can take the intital draco they usually die to the second one. Latios is also naturally bulky so it can switch in to check certain threats they are dangerous to the rest of my team such as Keldeo. If there is a Mega-venusar or Slowbro on the opponents team then keeping Latios alive is vital otherwise my team will struggle to take the other mons down.

Round we go @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 108 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Once a staple of the ou meta rotom-wash has recently fallen out of favour as a bird-spam check for other mons such as zapdos and skarm. However Rotom is a bulky pivot that helps me maintain momentum and spread status. Protect is for scouting moves, leftovers recovery and locking choice mons into a move. Rotom is the first half of my bulky slow volt-turn core. It has good defensive synergy with scizor as it resists the fire attacks that scizor fears. Im not sure about the EV spread but its been working all right. Little bit of speed creep.

Fireproof @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 240 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Scizor is an amazing bulky mon once it gets into its mega form and has wonderful typing in bug/steel. Scizor is the other half of my volt-turn core and provides utility to the team with defog support, however sometimes maintaing moentum is more important. This is the bread and butter defensive scizor set not much else to say here. It resists the grass attacks rotom-w fears and provides one form of priority for the team.

Cronk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

Fairly standard AV conkeldurr set, this mon can win games by itself drain punch gives it strong priority to hit greninja, tyranitar and bisharp with and knock off to hit eviolites and other key items. Thunder punch over Ice punch as it hurts azumarill on the switch and with a guts boost gets the 2HKO on skarmory, also everyone expects Ice punch. Conckeldurr acts as a fantastic status absorber as it loves getting hit with a T-wave.

OG Killoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spd
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-dry

These days I only ever see lead mamo with rocks and endevour shenanigans but LO fast momo puts in alot of work hitting slower mons with massive earthquakes and hitting dragons and fast flyers with ice shards. Freeze-dry is so we aren't completely walled by Rotom-w, Quagsire and Gyarados (Non-mega). Ice/Ground has solid neutral coverage and mamoswines huge attack means it can score the 2HKO on most things.

Resistance @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 188 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Lastly we have Heatran one of my favourite defensive mons that single handedly walls a huge amount of the meta, provides toxic, rocks and burn support and acts as a bulky pivot. Heatran can be brought in for free on Scizor, Non-EQ Lati@s, Non-EQ Venu, Skarm, Zard-Y, Ferro, Gengar and Talonflame. The beauty about toxic on heatran is that almost nothing that is immune to toxic wants to stay in on a possible lava plume (bar excadrill). Speed creeping a bit. Walls Jirachi which walls Latios.

Overall this team fare pretty well against balance and HO due to the strong priority and the fact that Specs Latios destroys alot of balance. However I think that against stall this team is pretty weak and as I go higher into the ladder I am facing more of the standard Lando, Azumarill, Garchomp, Spd Gliscor, Medicham and other mons that can give all teams problems. So i was hoping for some suggestions to improve my team ^^. Ive taken a fair bit of time to write this so hopefully you guys will help to make it better.

Chansey is a huge ass threat that usually shits on my day, need to keep conk alive for it
Clefable can't be allowed to setup up, if weakened BP and psyshock smack it around for big damage
Gardevoir is a big threat if Heatran dies
Gothitelle can trap and kill rotom and scizor if it is carrying Energy ball and HP fire with specs so gotta kill Goth quickly
Medicham can probaly hurt my team alot, haven't played one yet

Fodder Please (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Round we go @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 80 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Fireproof @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Dragon Slayer @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Cronk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Knock Off

Resistance @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 188 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Last edited:
Hey Casklord... nice team you have here... Here are some suggestions...

1. Scizor - Change the EV Spread to 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD with a Careful Nature. The given EV spread will avoid a OHKO from Specs Gothitelle's HP Fire while retaliating with U-Turn for a 1/8 chance of a OHKO to Goth AND being able to avoid a 2HKO from Gardevoir's Focus Blast while having a 7/8 chance of landing a OHKO in return with BP.

2. Heatran - Run Roar > Toxic as CM + Magic Guard Clefable laughs at Heatran and as you mentioned, setting up can be a bitch. Roar phazes out Clefable AND, if SR is up, will run an unsuspecting foe into incoming damage.

3. Rotom-W - Since Scizor is more SpD Bulk now, we'll make Rotom Physically Defensive to, you know, actually try and check birdspam with something other then its typing. 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe is the preferred set, while Pain Split > Protect is just to good to pass up.

4. Mega Medicham counter - If MegaCham runs Fire Punch, he effectively OHKOs 4 out of 6 members of your team, with Rotom-W eating a CRAP load of damage from HJK AND Zen Headbutt... meaning that you are almost "forced" to sac a mon to take down this behemoth. I would drop Mamoswine for:

Mew @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Ability: Synchronize
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Softboiled

So hello to your MegaCham counter and Stallbreaker. Mew is the definition of Utility and thus, does its job magnificently.

Let me know what you think of these suggestions.

Last edited:
Hey Casklord... nice team you have here... Here are some suggestions...

1. Scizor - Change the EV Spread to 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def with a Careful Nature. The given EV spread will avoid a OHKO from Specs Gothitelle's HP Fire while retaliating with U-Turn for a 1/8 chance of a OHKO to Goth AND being able to avoid a 2HKO from Gardevoir's Focus Blast while having a 7/8 chance of landing a OHKO in return with BP.

2. Heatran - Run Roar > Toxic as CM + Magic Guard Clefable laughs at Heatran and as you mentioned, setting up can be a bitch. Roar phazes out Clefable AND, if SR is up, will run an unsuspecting foe into incoming damage.

3. Rotom-W - Since Scizor is more SpD Bulk now, we'll make Rotom Physically Defensive to, you know, actually try and check birdspam with something other then its typing. 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe is the preferred set, while Pain Split > Protect is just to good to pass up.

4. Mega Medicham counter - If MegaCham runs Fire Punch, he effectively OHKOs 4 out of 6 members of your team, with Rotom-W eating a CRAP load of damage from HJK AND Zen Headbutt... meaning that you are almost "forced" to sac a mon to take down this behemoth. I would drop Mamoswine for:

Mew @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Ability: Synchronize
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Softboiled

So hello to your MegaCham counter and Stallbreaker. Mew is the definition of Utility and thus, does its job magnificently.

Let me know what you think of these suggestions.
Hi rafael firatly thanks for taking the time to read my rmt and give some really good suggestions.

The scizor spread that you suggested looks really solid as scizor has a high defense stat even without full investment. So I will use that.

The roar on heatran seems pretty good as well so I will test with that as well.

I might make rotom a bit more physically defensive however I like the special bulk and as heatran also checks birdspam the rotom doesnt need to be a dedicated check.

The most important chamge of mamo for the stallbreaking utility mew seems really good however mamo is also really strong so ill have to think about that. Thanks!

248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD with adamant nature is a better spread for Scizor, it gives the same bulk as 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def with careful nature and a bit more power (9 points).

248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD with adamant nature is a better spread for Scizor, it gives the same bulk as 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 Def with careful nature and a bit more power (9 points).
I just finish entering your calcs and I'm afraid your mistaken.

248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD Adamant (Alfonso Dragonlord)

Gothitelle's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Psyshock 16.6 - 19.8%
Thunderbolt 34.6 - 40.8%
HP Fire 92.1 - 109.6%
(No Move) 0 - 0%
Mega Scizor's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
(No Move) 0 - 0%
U-turn 88.2 - 104.6%
Bullet Punch 37.7 - 44.8%
Knock Off 81.1 - 96%

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Mega Scizor: 316-376 (92.1 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD Careful (Rafael J. Feliciano)

Gothitelle's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
Psyshock 18.9 - 22.4%
Thunderbolt 29.7 - 34.9%
HP Fire 79.3 - 93.2%
(No Move) 0 - 0%
Mega Scizor's Moves (select one to show detailed results)
(No Move) 0 - 0%
U-turn 85.4 - 101%
Bullet Punch 36.6 - 43.7%
Knock Off 79 - 93.2%

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gothitelle Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 164+ SpD Mega Scizor: 272-320 (79.3 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Please clarify if you meant 164 SpD <-> 96 Def instead???

Hey man nice team, but if you want my suggestion, if megacham is giving you trouble, you can run clefable, a fully defensive spread walls medicham, and moon blast OHKOs almost every time. In my opinion i would drop Mamoswine, unless dragons give you the most trouble. From what i see, Mamoswine puts the least amount of work. You have priority in Mach Punch Conkeldurr, and what you said, Freeze dry is for Quag, Gyara, and Wastom. Quag is almost nonexistent in OU cause of Stall dying out, and Medicham is the more common threat, so i would counter him first. If you run Thunderpunch on Conkeldurr, Gyara shouldn't be too much trouble, If you switch in on DD Gyara, it can't kill you at +1, while Thunderpunch+Mach Punch kills Mega Gyara if it wants to mega evolve, while Normal Gyra is killed by just Thunderpunch. Rotom Wash is already countered by AV Conkeldurr, Rotom can't burn Conkeldurr without powering his attacks up, and Conk eats up any of his attacks. Thats just my feedback hope it helps :]

Also, if you have trouble with dragons, you can run ice punch on Conk instead of Thunderpunch, i know you said it is for azumarill, but Conk can only really hit it on the switch, since Play Rough OHKOs,conk can usually hit some dragons types easier with ice punch. Judging from your team changes, you sorta loosely check Azumarill with Scizor and Rotom, Rotom can burn, while scizor is bulky to tank hits and kill with Bullet Punch, as it has recovery, while Azumarill doesn't.

Last edited:
Going to seriously test some of these suggestions before I vomment what I permanently changed. Thanks so much for feedback everyone!

One thing I can suggest is something that I've been running myself for a while. Swap out protect on rotom for light screen. It's an unexpected move that can net huge returns in just the right situations. It pairs beautifully with WoW, being able to cripple both sides of the attacking spectrum when combined, and can actually help stall for lefties recovery just as well as protect in some cases, as you won't be taking much damage. Plus, having a light screen up is always helpful, and since rotom can volt switch out, it allows your next poke to come in usually for free, which can spell disaster for an unsuspecting opponent, as now they must deal with a healthy poke and a screen. Plus, this change can also help out against specs gothitelle if you're still having trouble with her. Against your rotom-w set through a light screen, energy ball is only a 3HKO, and in the meantime you can volt switch in something else to take care of her, with the benefit of having a screen up prevent her her from doing much damage to anything. Try it out and see what you think.

One thing I can suggest is something that I've been running myself for a while. Swap out protect on rotom for light screen. It's an unexpected move that can net huge returns in just the right situations. It pairs beautifully with WoW, being able to cripple both sides of the attacking spectrum when combined, and can actually help stall for lefties recovery just as well as protect in some cases, as you won't be taking much damage. Plus, having a light screen up is always helpful, and since rotom can volt switch out, it allows your next poke to come in usually for free, which can spell disaster for an unsuspecting opponent, as now they must deal with a healthy poke and a screen. Plus, this change can also help out against specs gothitelle if you're still having trouble with her. Against your rotom-w set through a light screen, energy ball is only a 3HKO, and in the meantime you can volt switch in something else to take care of her, with the benefit of having a screen up prevent her her from doing much damage to anything. Try it out and see what you think.
That sounds really interesting and I definately will. And If I make that change might even make rotom physically defensive. Hiwever protect is really good to gain reliable recovery without pain split/rest and to scout/lock choice mons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)