SV OU Latias + Hazards (peaked 2011, number 5 in OU)

https://pokepast.es/b308041c2f38d3c6

1706385456400.png

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2045521546-w5iewfgh4gtjm4rtygu0bdtqxhfa16lpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2045452373?p2

I wanted to build a team aroud Latias because i love that thing and i think is a great pokemon if it has a team to fit and shine. This team turned out to be very useful in dealing with large portions of the meta and reliable into getting wins against balance, bulky offense and weather teams.

:sv/Kingambit:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

First Kingambit because its kingambit and its the most broken mon in the tier, no drowback running this. Solves a thousand problems in any team from the defensive stand point. 84spe just to out-speed clef, the rest of evs in bulk bc u need something for specs shadow ball from pult.

:sv/Latias:
Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Aura Sphere
- Recover

The star of the show. Latias is usually found on HO teams but i like her utility on more bulky teams as it adds a lot in defense, she resists almost everything that gambit doesnt so they pair nicely. Max evs on hp and def and 16spe to out-run adamant dnite which may cb outrage. Now, the tera is the important part bc it turns the table on many many answers to lati, mainly, it walls gliscor forever and sets up on it. Any fat mon that tries to toxic lati is just a place to set up and sweep.

:sv/Slowking-Galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

I thing gking can run whatver it wants al long as it has chilly and sludge bomb, so t spikes went well with the type of team i had in mind. Zama, pult, darkrai, valiant, meowscarada, kyurem and roaring moon are all mons that check lati somehow and all of them are affected by tspikes, so its nice to have. I dont like Future Sight on gking bc is just volcarona food so Psyshock prevents volc from setting up freely. Tera water makes the mu easier against rain and sun.

:sv/Skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Skarm is here to check gambit and set up hazards, i would rather have corv so i can uturn with my steel bird but skarm is just amazing into much of the metagame. It pairs greatly with gking and cheaps everything with helmet. Rocks over spikes bc i also wanted samurott on my teams. NIce thing about skarm is that outspeeds gambit with little effort and can turn into a sweeper if it gets a couple of ID. Tera can be Fighting or Dragon.

:sv/Samurott-Hisui:
Samurott-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Cutter

Not much to explain here, sets up spikes and hits hard. Adamant bc my team doesnt have a choice user or a immediate wallbreaker but knock + hazards gets the job done most of the time.

:sv/Dragapult:

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Pult is just the speed control and offensive pivot on the team. Twave over wisp for volc bc my teams deals nicely with gambit already.

Now this team is not perfect, it has many weak points, no electric inmunity is a problem in this meta. But ive had good results with this squad and it deals with every archetype in some way. Its not easy to play with because many times ive won with it waiting for the moment when Latias could sweep, but that was my intention with the team anyway.

Last edited:
Been having a lot of fun with this team--any advice for dealing with Gouging Fire/sun in general?
prob Tera glowking and chilly to remove weather
idk the rolls but maybe give glowking a bit more defense investment if it gets 2hkod by banded thru resist

Been having a lot of fun with this team--any advice for dealing with Gouging Fire/sun in general?
Yeah, gouging fire is a problem. People have been runnig choice band this days so hazards + priority should be enough, but if its boots + tera fairy then is quite complicated to deal with. You could tera gking to twave it (which isnt a bad idea since i tend to tera gking against sun to deal with wake), and then maybe live a hit with pult if its not boosted or revenge with gambit. No team is perfect tho, there are to many threats in the meta to cover them all tbh.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cool team, I played a bit with it I just want to say Raging Bolt can easily sweep the entire team and it doesn't have to Tera, you have to play very carefully with the Dragapult matchup and hope to force it to tera and go ahead for the T-Wave and sack Pult and depending on what the opposition teras you can probably go Kingambit and take some damage from Thunderclap and go ahead for the Iron Head (assuming Tera Fairy)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)