SS OU Late Game Dragapult

This team uses Nasty Plot Togekiss and Choice Band Urshifu for a nice offense. Urshifu will always 2 hit OHKHO Toxcapex which is great. Togekiss is just a nightmare and it resists Rillaboom, another threat once Tangrowth is down. We have Tangrowth to put dangerous Pokemon to sleep such as Excadrill, and for a safe switch in on Zeraora, a huge threat to my team. Defensive Tyranitar is a great Volcarona check and Provides my team with Hazards. Thunder Wave also helps Choice Specs Dragapult Sweep with hex. Excadrill uses Tyranitar's sand to outspeed almost everything, and it can sweep with Swords Dance. Choice Specs Dragapult is my late game sweeper once most Pokemon are statused.

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Wicked Blow

Urshifu's ability always crit is insane. With the Choice Band boost, it can OHKHO a vast Majority of the less bulky Pokemon in the tier. It's easy to sit there and spam Wicked Blow on a Hyper Offense team. U-turn is for utility, and Sucker Punch is to pick off weakened Pokemon.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Excadrill takes advantage of Tyranitars sand to be faster than most Pokemon. Swords Dance is used to sweep teams. And when it can outspeed almost everything it's not to hard to pick up a sweep. Iron Head and Earthquake are stab, and Rapid Spin is for hazard control.

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Togekiss gets me a lot of comebacks. With its ability to 60% of the time to flinch is just madness! It's also a nice Rillaboom check. Nasty Plot is there to sweep teams. Air Slash is its stab, and also its flinching Move. Aura Sphere is to hit Tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Defensive Tyranitar is the new meta! Thunder Wave helps Dragapult sweep teams with Hex. Rock Blast is our stab and Earthquake is to hit Aegislash and Zeraora when Chopple Berry saves us from Close Combat. This is a great check for Volcarona. Even after 2 Quiver Dances, we can live Modest Bug Buzz.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp

Dragapult is my late game sweeper. Hex doubling its power if the opponent is statused. Tyranitar and Tangrowth do most of the statusing, but Dragapult can
Will-O-Wisp. Choice Specs Hex is just so powerful, plus Modest is just SO good for late game.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth is another great Rillaboom check. Sleep Powder is used to put dangerous Pokemon to sleep gives me a huge edge. Regenerator makes just extends Tangrowth's bulk. Sludge Bomb is there to hit Rillaboom, Giga Drain for recovery and stab, and Knock Off to remove the opposing Pokemon's item.

Thanks for reading! Any suggestions are appreciated :)

I realized I die to Urshifu. New Togekiss set:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

I realized I die to Urshifu. New Togekiss set:

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
The team overall doesn't look to have glaring weaknesses. For the current meta though I might recommend you try using Air Slash/Flamethrower/Nasty Plot/Trick on togekiss!

I wanted Thunder Wave on Togekiss to help Dragapult Sweep. Also, I don't think Flamethrower is necessary. Aura Sphere is better because it hits Tyranitar. I Definitely need Trick. It saved me like 10 times. I could do Nasty Plot > Roost? I just think without HDB we are gonna need some kind of recovery. Ty for the help though :)

so does this mean removing trick, and thus replacing scarf for HDB?

my idea is:

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Last edited:
Life Orb Poison Jab Urshifu always to hit OHKHO Togekiss. The majority of players will stay in and try to finish Togekiss not knowing it has Choice Scarf. My team is really weak to Life Orb Urshifu so I use Togekiss a nice little check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)