Last actor you’d expect to join the MCU

Now that Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Angelia Jolie are in the MCU, pretty much anyone is possible. Who's the last actor you’d expect to see in the MCU? Obvious exception being anyone under contract with DC like Robert Pattinson or Gal Gadot.

Marylin Monroe As I sat here, wondering who this might end up being, I suddenly realized something. The obvious answer. One so clear, that I was surprised I had not thought of this before! Enter; Bill Nye.
1622077851867.png

At first glance, you may think "He's not an actor, he's just the cool Science Guy™", but you'd be wrong. While you may criticize me for considering his role in television as an actor role, I believe that anyone present in a film of any sort is an actor. Even the people who voice-over documentaries. While they may not have to act per se, they do have to voice act. And if they are in a sub-category of actors that just act with their voice, then would that not include Bill Nye? He obviously doesn't talk the same off the set for the show, as he wouldn't need to apply as much emphasis, passion, and strength in his voice in real life. So if he acting with his body while on stage, does that not make him an actor? Even more, the definition of an actor is, and I quote, "a person whose profession is acting on the stage, in movies, or on television." He most definitely had a profession in acting on television, among other things. With this all shown, it is clear he is an actor and... where was I... ah, yes I sincerely doubt he would ever join the MCU. He is too pure of heart to join such a show, as almost all of his appearances on television have to do with science in some way, whether through The Big Bang Theory or telling someone about messages from the universe. While there is one exception that I could find, they all are science/space-related in one way or another. The exception, Dancing With the Stars, is not one that would hint towards him possibly appearing in an MCU movie anytime soon. Now, you might say something along the lines of "He could be included in an Iron Man movie due to the science, right?", but I strongly disagree. His one appearance that is more on the gray (grey?) line is his appearance in "Inside Amy Schumer", where he is discussing the universe. After reviewing the script, I found that what I believed were his parts featured science-related things exclusively, even if one is obviously wrong. And they are pretty factual nonetheless. Yet Iron Man deals with nearly impossible tech for where we currently are, and it has nothing to do with space. Therefore, Bill Nye is the last actor I would expect to join the MCU.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would say Tom Cruise. Yes, he was going to originally be Iron Man, but I think 14 years later, things have changed and he just wouldn't fit in. The MCU is now a strong brand itself and doesn't really need movie stars. I think he'd be too much work for little reward.

Runner up is Charlie Sheen; I think he is too volatile and maybe even a little too TV now. However, he is a runner up because I could see him having a short cameo that would be pointed out in those "20 things you missed" YouTube videos.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
people think they are so funny and clever naming actors who are dead lol.... sorry everyone is shitting up your thread celticpride. i tried my best.

it's not like they just can't bring them back with CGI anyway...jokes on you .

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Gordon Ramsay

He isn't your typical actor, but he stars in hit TV shows such as Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares among others. Why would he not be a good MCU actor? He is a chef, and unless he portrays She Hulk, he cannot be a good superhero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)