L(AUGH)AMT

The gist of it is that TTar starts a sandstorm as my lead, then I use the two members below it to get some good setup. I use the remainder of my team to knock the foe flat.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spd)
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 170 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit

cbtar starts a sandstorm which is hot for my team

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck
- Feather Rest

old skarm is hot

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 244 HP / 198 Atk / 68 Def
Nature: Impish (+Def, -Atk)
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

sandstream + spikes + stealth rock + knock off = HOT

Heracross @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- In Fight
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

cb hera hotness (I initially had a EndRev Lucario here. Should I replace it due to sandstorm immunity?)

Starmie @ Adherence Glasses
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

hot special sweeper with its great speed movepool and it can't be
completely shut down by stuff like twave

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 66 HP, 192 Spd, 252 SAtk
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp

hot double status gar is hot (kinda sorta blocks spins too)

maybe there should be a rule made where people with teams who get raped by dd gyra should not be allowed to put Adherence glasses over leftovers/recover on starmie when its the only thing resembling a counter they have.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You will have serious trouble stopping a powerful and fast special sweeper like Azelf from running all over you. Azelf outspeeds Gengar and OHKOs with Psychic even if it doesn't Scheme and proceeds to destroy the rest of your team with scheme'd Flamethrower and Grass Rope (OHKOs both Heracross and Tyranitar). It ties with Starmie for speed and Starmie will barely ever OHKO it, never if Azelf has 310 or more HP. Sandstorm can finish it off if you're into that sort of thing, though.

It can easily come in on Gliscor or Skarmory, and once it's in you are as good as dead.

You will have serious trouble stopping a powerful and fast special sweeper like Azelf from running all over you. Azelf outspeeds Gengar and OHKOs with Psychic even if it doesn't Scheme and proceeds to destroy the rest of your team with scheme'd Flamethrower and Grass Rope (OHKOs both Heracross and Tyranitar). It ties with Starmie for speed and Starmie will barely ever OHKO it, never if Azelf has 310 or more HP. Sandstorm can finish it off if you're into that sort of thing, though.

It can easily come in on Gliscor or Skarmory, and once it's in you are as good as dead.
Post makes me seriously reconsider using EndRev Lucario, who stops it with Crunch after the Salac Boost. (then does nothing afterward, sadly)

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Which does absolutely nothing since it's a one-off thing. Lucario has much better things to do than willingly lower its HP to 1. Adherence Scarf on Heracross would stop Azelf from sweeping, but to switch in you're going to need something like Blissey or Cresselia.

Jolly CB Aerodactyl with Crunch might work out. Then again, it seems rather redunant after TTar and Glion. I'm not terribly sure what counters Azelf with Scheme/Psychic/FT/GR besides Houndoom, and I really don't want another special attacker on this team.

Heatran does, particularly if you give it Dark Pulse (that's another special attacker though). Blissey and Cresseria can paralyze it, Snorlax can beat it with Crunch or even Whirlwind it out. Togekiss can survive a Schemed Psychic and paralyze it, although you're screwed if it's got Thunderbolt.

You don't need a spinner so giving Starmie Leftovers and Recover, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf would be more help to your team than slapping Glasses on it.

I like the thought of using Heatran, actually. Possibly:

Heatran @ Adherence Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 18 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Nature: Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
- Flamethrower
- Land Power
- Dark Pulse
- Explosion

Yeah...

240 Speed lets him outspeed Jolly Dugtrio, Flamethrower OHKOs the little turd too. Dark Pulse does 87 - 100% to a standard Azelf. You've got all his weaknesses well covered too. Not sure who you can replace him with on your team though.

Drop Dark Pulse, Overheat outs Azelf just as fine, actually better.

Why the fuck are people saying standard when we really don't have a metagame?!

Do you think Azelf is likely to have a shit load of HP EVs or practically none at all? Dark Pulse 2HKOs Starmie too.

Heatran's best bet would be to replace either Heracross or Starmie imo.

I also think SubSeed Sceptile might work on this team, too.

I like the thought of using Heatran, actually. Possibly:

Heatran @ Adherence Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 18 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Nature: Mild (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast/Overheat
- Land Power
- HP Grass/Dragon Pulse
- Explosion

Yeah...
Don't waste your time on Dark Pulse, a STABed FB does more and Overheat screws it into all eternity, it needs Max HP and 92 Sp Defense EVs for guarunteed survival. You don't need Explosion, really, you can replace it with Dragon Pulse or even Sleep Talk, as you lack a true status absorber, Natural Cure isn't really trustworthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)