SV OU Kyurem Offensive-Balance

Pokepaste here:

Background:
Kyurem was one of my favorite mons as a pressure staller with a metronome to use in previous gens, and now it's Barack, but instead, it's a special wall breaker. glowking + Kyurem makes a deadly combo with the added defense boost and 100% accurate blizzard to decimate teams. This team is an offensive balance meaning you will be trading kills and taking chip but hopefully in the end you preserve your mons better and utilize good wallbreaking oppurtunities. I'm kinda an intermediate player hovering around 1700s and this team is a lot of fun that requires good decision making good switches and midgrounds will reward you with kills and damage. I have some issues and things I need help with which I will talk about at the end of the post.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Freeze-Dry

As said your main wall breaker, with basically zero switch-ins besides Blissey. The main problem with Kyurem is rocks and it getting outsped, so switch this in smartly with a slow u-turn by Rilla and chilly reception from glowking to provide a defense boost, and its 100% accurate blizzard. Earth power is just good ground coverage. Draco is a good mid-ground high damage move. Freeze-dry good netural ice move to hit waters. Tera-Fairy is good against opposing dragons and limits kyurems weaknesses to just 2. It's also really useful in the situation where u just killed a mon, and now they plan to revenge kill, but u tera and claim a 2nd mon with moderate to little damage taken. Kyurem has really good natural bulk against neutral hits, so its ok to take chip as you will usually outdamage. It can be useful to lead Kyurem to force switchouts or get kills/chip. Grassy terrain healing can help mitigate stealth rock chip.

Slowking-Galar @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Glowking is the goat pivot. Pretty much everyone knows about this mon and doesn't need a lot of explaining. Some mandatory moves in this set are t-wave and chilly. T-wave such useful utility to slow down fast threats/sweepers for Kyurem and teammates to outspeed and kill. Colbur berry is super useful against dark-types with t-wave. I often like leading with glowking against dark types like meow,weavile , darkrai as they will go for a dark move and get t-waved down, and their speed advantage is nullified. This team doesn't have any good special walls so that's why I opted for a spdef glowking. Tera-Normal is used to deal with dragapult's shadow ball and ghosts. Grassy terrain is useful for healing and nullifies eq damage.

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Rillaboom is such a useful combination of utility, wall-breaking, priority, and team synergy. Grassy-glide is the only priority in this team. Knock-off, u-turn useful utility. Woodhammer can be useful for wallbreaking depending on the team and you can spam it liberally. The evs are not common but I like it for more damage and bulk. A lot of people will miscalculate damage against rilla and will thus be punished. Some things you wanna watch out for are flame-body and static users as that can be annoying. Balance requires a lot of switching so the extra healing of grassy-surge can not be understated. Tera-grass is just for damage esp for revenge-killing.

Archaludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Dragon Tail

Arch is just a great tank with good utility and ability to deal damage. Stealth rock is just a goat hazard. Flash-cannon good neutral stab move, esp to threaten fairies. Body-press can get out of control with lots of consecutive stamina chip. Dragon tail is really useful to switch out threats/sweepers or just get good stab dragon and rock chip and force favorable matchups. Tera-dark is used to deal with dragapult's shadow-ball again and tail out stored power users. Grassy-terrain really comes in clutch with nullfiying eq damage and adding so much extra healing.

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Speed-control+more utility. Draco is a good high base-power stab, and prefer not to sacrifice bulk for darts and more power in the spa. You can also bluff you are specs pult with Draco. Hex really good high-base power neutral stab, hopefully lots of glowking t-wave status and wisp status to annihlate balance and rest users. Wisp super useful for nullifying damage of threats and mons in general. Sub super useful to get annihlate switches plus grass terrain can replenish hp. This set can particularly wreck gliscor with terrain and sub on a toxic/protect to spread wisp and chip. Tera Fairy just useful against other dragons and dark types.

Great Tusk @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Temper Flare
- Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

The ou goat. This tusk is more of wallbreaker/lategame sweeper tusk. Headlong rush good ground coverage. Temper Flare is the spicy move that after failing spin on ghold or headlong rush on skarm/corvi allows you to destroy them on the next move. Ice spin for some dragons and gliscor. Rapid-spin is the only hazard control on this team but is also useful to get a speed boost and potentially outspeed everyone and claim kills. Tera-fire makes a lot of tusks weakness neutral/resist and boosts temper-flare and immune to wisp moves. You don't want to switch in this tusk a lot as you will lose the booster energy effectiveness, but if you see good opportunities to spin and claim kills esp late game, not a lot of mons can handle this moveset, so have fun :3.

Threatlist:
-hazard stack defensive cores can be a problem, as your only spinner is tusk so you have to make sure you play aggressive and go for lots of trades.
-dragapult is a menace to this team with basically no shadow-ball switch ins so you have to rely on your teras when facing it head-on or at least smartly trade kills. Draco can be dealt with glowking switching, but its also your main answer as you can tank 1 shadow ball and t-wave. Also risking a speed-tie is not bad if you like gambling
-Offensive great-tusks esp after speed-boosting can be scary, also air-balloon sd exca is a menace as well
-fast sweepers with sub can destroy this team as they can sub on glowkings t-wave and arch tail and outspeed pult.

Potential Changes:
I'm pretty happy with all the mons generally but I'm more considered with some movesets and teras. Kyurem fundamentally can be reliant too much on prediction and is not very fast, and I'm wondering if this team would be infinitely better if the specs user was pult. Since there's no pult switch-in I'm wondering if av glowking or another av user would be useful, but you are fundamentally losing out on chilly pivoting. Rilla is lowkey only walled by corv and skarm so I'm lowkey trying to cook tera-fire terablast instead of woodhammer purely for cheese factor. Also all trans in 2024 are flame-body btw. Tera-dark arch is kinda niche for pult so a generalist tera is probably more useful, or make arc the av user but lose out on rocks. Bulk-up Tusk seems likely a very viable win-con that may allow me to win games i normally cant but im sacrificing a move for that.

I think that HDB could be better to slowking than colbur, bc of all the switches taking place and a lack of an awesome hazard removal. Also, maybe tera-dark could be better, as to stop both darks and ghosts, and doesn't allow fairies to take advantage, as they would get tummy ache by eating a sludge bomb to the face.
Lastly, I don't think that BE is the right item to tusk, but this could be wrong.

I would change the Tera on Gking to Tera water since that allows you to absolutely destroy sun and better your matchup with rain. I also think HDB is much better than colbur berry as you can’t have hazards negating regenerator recovery since you lack slack off in this set. I like Tera ice on kyurem to make blizzard an absolute nuke and the team seems to be lacking a clear-cut win condition other than grassy glide spam from rillaboom. Knowing this I would cut something for a leftovers bulky offensive SD kingambit set with SD Iron Head Kowtow Cleave and Sucker Punch, maybe archaludon. Shbstitute is also really bad on pult and I would replace it with twave to stop sweepers. You also need to have a switch in to knock offs directed at Gking, which could be done by for example making tusk the defensive set which handily checks gouging fire with Tera water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)