Kyurem-B + Deoxys-D team

So I recently saw that Kyurem-Black moved down to OU recently, so I thought I'd make a team around it. I saw that its Sub Hone Claws set was extremely bulky and could take hits very nicely even from behind the sub, so I decided to make a team around that Kyurem-B set and Deoxys-Defense since Deoxys-D is probably the best hazard supporter in the game right now.

Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Teravolt
EV Spread: 248 HP, 4 Attack, 64 Defense, 136 Special Defense, 56 Speed
Moveset: Substitute, Fusion Bolt, Dragon Tail, Roost

With Black Kyurem's outstanding bulk and access to Roost, a phazing set, I thought, would work excellently with Deoxys-Defense. Name of the game with Kyurem-B here is phaze out the opponent's team and make way for the team's big sweepers which I will be talking about later.

Deoxys-D @ Mental Herb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Pressure
EV Spread: 252 HP & Speed, 4 Defense
Moveset: Spikes, Recover, Thunder Wave, Night Shade

The main supporter of this team. The Mental Herb & Thunder Wave combination looks odd at first, but here's the explanation. Taunt-Stealth Rock lead Terrakion has been becoming VERY common lately. When Terrakion would Taunt my Deoxys-D, my opponent would expect my Deoxys would be shut down, but I have the Mental Herb to bust it out of the Taunt. I can then use Thunder Wave to slow down the Terrakion and render it pretty much useless for the rest of the battle. Deoxys's paralysis support can also help my sweepers outspeed my opponent and wreck everything. The spikes can also help me score KOs that my team couldn't score originally.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
EV Spread: 248 HP, 216 Defense, 44 Speed
Moveset: Scald, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, Taunt

Stallbreaker, Spinblocker, whole 9 yards here. I like the utility that Jellicent has. I pretty much have Jellicent on this team to block Rapid Spin so Deoxys's job isn't put to waste. Burning stuff like Scizor & Tyranitar also helps the team exceptionally.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV Spread: 252 HP & Speed, 4 SpA
Moveset: Scald, Recover, Psyshock, Rapid Spin

Rapid Spinner of the team due to Kyurem-B being weak to Stealth Rocks. My team also seems to have a pretty bad Techloom weakness, so Psyshock will handily deal with him.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Ability: Download
EV Spread: 252 Speed & Special Attack, 4 Special Defense
Moveset: Rock Polish, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Bug Buzz

Special sweeper of the team. Once Heatran's gone, Genesect can pretty much proceed to mow through entire teams. Expert Belt is used over Life Orb to bluff the Choice Scarf.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Justified
EV Spread 252 Attack & Speed, 4 HP
Moveset: Close Combat, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Rock Slide

Physical sweeper of the team. Once Gliscor, Skarmory, and Nyandorus are out of the way, Terrakion is free to spam Close Combat and pretty much decimate the opponent's team.

Final thoughts: This team is still in its Beta form. I've done okay on Pokemon Showdown with it, but any help in making this team a prime contender would be helpful.

This team is pretty nice, however one notable weakness. No priorities or Scarfer. I understand the Genesect, but I can see it also being a problem.

After Deoxys-D dies setting up Spikes (which judging by your team structure, seems like that's the intention), you almost have nothing that can shut down a dragon on a switch in on Starmie. A DD user like Dragonite can potentially sweep through if you're not careful. As long as Jellicent is at near full you might be able to survive the truck but this is even worse if he has a Lum Berry.

I suggest that you give Starmie Ice Beam over Psyshock on Starmie. Ice Beam should do a lot to Loom and can also kill/over half to D-Nite. (All depends on something that I'll suggest soon) Also, by making Terra a scarfer, you can have a beautiful revenge killer on this team and also stop D-Nite.

Also, I don't know what you were thinking, but give SR over T-Wave. I know T-Wave sounds useful, but the ability to potentially bring OHKO's (Specifically D-Nite) is a great asset for a team like yours especially if you're going to scarf Terra. Again, since Terra is scarfed T-Wave doesn't seem that useful.

I don't think night shade on Deoxys-D is really going to do anything for you. I would replace it with a coverage move of choice (ice beam or HP fire for Landorus/Scizor; Genesect is likely to just u-turn out) or magic coat, the latter probably being more useful.

Edit: and of course, you need SR. SR can replace t-wave or recover on Deoxys. You really don't need recover unless you want to toxic stall.

Nice to see another player using defensive Kyur-B. Can you explain your EV spread please? It's quite a strange one. I just used 52/252/204 hp/def/spd on my tank Kyur-B.

In addition, on Deoxys-D I'd swap Night Shade for Stealth Rocks. SR is a really important move for things like Dragonite and Volcarona.

Lastly, I'd go from Band to Scarf on Terrakion. You have no fastmon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)