Kingcress Bulky offense

ive been using this slightly modified version of cress ho and had quite a good amount success with it (feel free to suggest changes)

https://pokepast.es/430fde3266f3edf2

KINGAMBIT(sucker punch, swords dance, kowtow cleave and iron head)- the priority attacker mainly used as the last resort, sometimes sent before the climax of a game

IRON VALIANT(moonblast, calm mind, thunderbolt and psyshock) -the main special sweeper, originally it had moonblast close combat encore and destiny bond, however that rarely worked for me tbh and I've been having more success with it

CRESSELIA (Calm Mind, Stored Power, Moonblast, Moonlight)- the defensive special attacker, can be used to stall and as a decent attacker with calm mind

HISUIAN SAMUROTT (Ceasless edge, razor shell, aqua jet and sacred sword) - the set up lead, sets up spikes while also attacking, the rest of the moves are just in case a pokemon needs to be killed quickly

GREAT TUSK (bulk up, ice spinner, headlong rush and close combat), the main psychical sweeper, protosythensis with booster energy acts boost its speed so it can actually sweep, either way boost ice spinners and close combats are no laughing matter (on an unrelated note, please don’t use headlong rush on ursaluna)

MAGNEZONE (iron defense, body press, protect and discharge) i know this sounds silly but let me explain, iron defense allows the zone to boost its 267 defense up to a maxmium of 1064, allowing ti actually survive non special ground type attacks, it then uses body press kill most pokemon except really bulky mons or ghost types, ghost types like gholdengo can be handled with discharge, as it can potential paralysis them, tera fighting helps it survive special ground type attacks and hit harder with body press, analytic is mainly used to boost attack by 30%, but magnet pull can be useful for setting up on the rare trappable steel type

I hope this helps you understand this team better, have good one yall

Last edited:
Nice team! The nicknames are funny asf. I'm going to make some changes to your team as some sets are a bit funny.

Big Changes:

I notice that your team is pretty weak to hazards. Your hazard removal is :great-tusk: but throughout the match, tusk is going to get chipped down way too much especially because you are running booster offensive tusk. I think a more bulky tusk would better fit your team. I would say to run four attacks because it suits the faster pace of the metagame and you already have hazards from :samurott-hisui:. I gave you a Tusk with a :Rocky Helmet: but you can run :leftovers: too. I feel like Helmet is better because most of the time both tusks will knock each other and its also good for punishing u-turns.

hi (Great Tusk) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I notice that :magnezone: is not really doing much for your team. Its not trapping things like :gholdengo: for :cresselia:. I think it would be much better as a Trapper (in magnet pull) or just swap the mon out. I would suggest to swap it out. Something like :slowking-galar: would be nice to add more of a defensive side of your team. You could also go for :zamazenta: for a way better Iron Def sweeper. The problem is that you currently have no fairy resist besides tera. Using Zamazenta really opens up your team to teams that have fairies. Adding Slowking-Galar (as a pivot) would be much better on a defensive standpoint. Both are standard sets, but I chose tera electric over steel as :zapdos: is really common and you can use it for setup fodder.

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Small Changes/Notes:

Swap Aqua Jet on :samurott-hisui: for Taunt. When Samurott is being sent out as a lead, taunt prevents other leads like :Masquerain: from getting their hazards up. To be honest, I think you should just switch Samurott's set from sash to SD or :choice-scarf:. BO doesn't really like sacking a mon for a few layer of hazards up which you have nothing to keep them up.

Swap :lum-berry: on :kingambit: for :leftovers:. You are running bulky gambit so you want the most longevity. If you want to run Lum-Berry, I suggest you run a offensive gambit.

Swap Taunt on :iron-valiant: for Encore or Shadow Ball. They shouldn't be setting up on you in the first place, you should be attacking and also Encore covers setup moves already. Shadow Ball is just more coverage.

Thats all. I hope this helps! Go get em! :boi:

Nice team! The nicknames are funny asf. I'm going to make some changes to your team as some sets are a bit funny.

Big Changes:

I notice that your team is pretty weak to hazards. Your hazard removal is :great-tusk: but throughout the match, tusk is going to get chipped down way too much especially because you are running booster offensive tusk. I think a more bulky tusk would better fit your team. I would say to run four attacks because it suits the faster pace of the metagame and you already have hazards from :samurott-hisui:. I gave you a Tusk with a :Rocky Helmet: but you can run :leftovers: too. I feel like Helmet is better because most of the time both tusks will knock each other and its also good for punishing u-turns.

hi (Great Tusk) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

I notice that :magnezone: is not really doing much for your team. Its not trapping things like :gholdengo: for :cresselia:. I think it would be much better as a Trapper (in magnet pull) or just swap the mon out. I would suggest to swap it out. Something like :slowking-galar: would be nice to add more of a defensive side of your team. You could also go for :zamazenta: for a way better Iron Def sweeper. The problem is that you currently have no fairy resist besides tera. Using Zamazenta really opens up your team to teams that have fairies. Adding Slowking-Galar (as a pivot) would be much better on a defensive standpoint. Both are standard sets, but I chose tera electric over steel as :zapdos: is really common and you can use it for setup fodder.

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Heavy Slam

Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Small Changes/Notes:

Swap Aqua Jet on :samurott-hisui: for Taunt. When Samurott is being sent out as a lead, taunt prevents other leads like :Masquerain: from getting their hazards up. To be honest, I think you should just switch Samurott's set from sash to SD or :choice-scarf:. BO doesn't really like sacking a mon for a few layer of hazards up which you have nothing to keep them up.

Swap :lum-berry: on :kingambit: for :leftovers:. You are running bulky gambit so you want the most longevity. If you want to run Lum-Berry, I suggest you run a offensive gambit.

Swap Taunt on :iron-valiant: for Encore or Shadow Ball. They shouldn't be setting up on you in the first place, you should be attacking and also Encore covers setup moves already. Shadow Ball is just more coverage.

Thats all. I hope this helps! Go get em! :boi:
Thanks for the Feedback, however a few of this changes do not fit what i have in mind for the team

taunt on iron :iron-valiant: was a mistake, as the post said, its supposed to have psyshock instead

secondly :magnezone: is more viable as a defense attacker that can provide Minor support with discharge/thunder wave, the reason i didn’t choose zamazenta or galarian slowking (apart from favouritsm i have to admit) is because galarian slowking is a different pokemon and zamazenta is more offenseive, only running iron press due to its ability boosting it and maybe for some defensive power, overall, magnezones resistances and the strat of switching into a pokemon that can’t threaten magnezone (a mon without any ground or strong fire or fighting moves) and setting up, this works best when the common switch ins to magnezone(great tusk or anything that commonly runs ground type moves) are already disposed of(so do not use early game) make a good choice for my team

:kingambit: is bulky because speed isn't that important on such a slow mon anyway, lum berry protects it from being invalidated by burns instantly

the great tusk set is lacking in rapid spin, which requires the team to just take the hazards in and hope for the best, which isn't the best so i may modify the set
aqua jet is important for :samurott-hisui: to get some stab damage of on a pokemon and kill them if it needs to, taunt isn't that useful in my opinion since sticky web setters aren't that common as you would think,
of course i will still keep this in mind if the team flops, so once again, thank you for the feedback

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)