Kawaita Sakebi - OU RMT

Kawaita Sakebi - OU RMT -Updated-

Introduction

Alright, so I've been struggling with my team building for a while, and I finally came up with an idea for a team that's been doing half decent, but it certainly has room for improvement.

The Concept

The original plan for this team came from me wanting to use a CroDra, as I call it, it's the offensive sleep talk + rest Kingdra set. So when I started the building process for this team, I decided to make it more of a bulky offensive team, while trying to abuse toxic spikes / SR damage as much as possible, and this idea kind of half worked, with the team having 3 bulky sweepers, two of them setting up. The team looks good on paper to me, but after some play testing I realized I've got a few problems, but without further adeui, here's the team.

At a glance

The Details

Roserade @ Focus Sash
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe - Timid
Ability - Natural Cure
- Leaf Storm
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ground / Ice / Fire]

Why?

I have used Roserade as a lead before, but not this one in specific, anyway, once I chose Kingdra to be in the team as a Rest Talker I thought that Toxic Spikes would be a great way for it to be able to set up easier. I wanted them to be set up ASAP because Toxic Spikes would allow me to set up DD's several times with Kingdra while the opponent would attempt to kill it, only being forced to switch out after Kingdra rests because the Poisoning would kill it, if they stay in, that gives Kingdra an easy kill. And what's the fastest way to get them set up? Why, that's a lead of course.

Note:
Since Suicune is also a sweeper much like Kingra, this whole general strategy applys to him as well.

Issues

Taunt Leads: These guys screw me over big time, it completely stops me from being able to take advantage of the toxic spikes. I was considoring using a SR lead and having some other Poke set these up later, but I'm not to sure on how that will work as the main purpose of using this as a lead was so I could set up Toxic Spikes asap.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
168 HP / 188 Atk / 152 Spe - Adamant
Ability - Sniper
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Why?
This Kingdra, as I like to refer to as "CroDra" is the reason this team started, but you already know that since you read the intro. I chose this Kingdra set in specific because I love Bulky Sweepers, I guess you could considor it my style of play. Since the team was based around this I've really got nothing more to say about why I actually chose him.

Issues
None. Kingdra has done what it's asked of every time it's been used, there only things that stop it are really steel types, and even that is limited to the best steel walls.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Why?

I chose to replace the old Cune set for this one for about 3 reasons.

1. This provides more coverage, not only can it set up and sweep, but it acts as a Gyarados check as well.
2. This Cune has a lot more raw power, without setting up it can still do some pretty good damahe.
3. More power in general, the last Suicune I had only had 64 SpA EV's, this one has much more special attack and can do even more damage to the opponenet while powered up with some CM's.

This cune may not use sub, but it still has the ability to abuse those toxic spikes and cause some massive damage.

Issues

This Cune is really iffy to me, it can easily pull through, but it also has a tendancy to fail miserably, with lack of recovery, there isn't really much I can do about saving it. I have two options, really, one is to switch it to a crocune and get one of my other Pokemon to cover Ice, or I could drop cune completely.

Toxic Spikes

These are the main reason I'm considoring switching to CroCune, these completely screw over this Suicune and I've no way to stop them other than keeping Roserade alive for later simply to absorb them, which isn't the best idea as then I'll most likely have to let something else take a hit.

Heatran @ Leftovers
252 HP / 16 SpA / 240 SpD - Modest
Ability - Flash Fire
- Toxic / Will - O - Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Roar

Why?
Well, this is certainly an odd Heatran, wouldn't you say? I chose Heatran for two specific reasons: To set up SR, and to have a Scizor check.
Toxic? But why, you have toxic spikes. Toxic is there to hit levitating enemies, like Latias and Azelf, who could potentially cause this team harm. I gave it rest to increase its survivability, but if it's like that it's completely walled by other Heatran, which isn't really a problem since it's not going to be staying in anyway.

Issues
Overall I don't feel it's working well, the idea looks great to me on paper: Good HP / Defenses, plenty resists, and some great support moves to boot! But I'm starting to feel I'm either not using it correctly, or Earthquake is way too popular. I don't think I have enough opportunities to get SR up, but then again, it's not really the priority of this team I guess, but I'm still un sure about it.

Since Stealth rock isn't actually that needed on this team, I've been lightly considoring dropping the move all together and switching this Heatran to a scarftran so I could get some revenge killing done.

Scizor @ Choice Band
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe - Adamant
Ability - Technitian
- Bullet Punch
- Super Power
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Why?

I was in desparite need of some form of a Latias check in case Kingdra died, and to me it seemed like it was either Scizor or Flygon.

Scizor was a better choice for me, as it gives me a better switch in for dragons than Heatran does, as Tran is afraid of them for the most part, because of EQ.

Scizor is a great scouter and sweeper for this team. Early in the match if needed I can use U-turn to do some scouting, while later in the game when all of the Pokemon on my opponents team are weakened I can do some clearing out.

Issues
Not too many issues with this guy, I tend to scout a bit using U-turn and then wreak some havoc using Bullet Punch in the end of the match, not complaints here.

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP/216 Spd/228 SAtk
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Why?

Substitute Charge Beam Rotom-A is an excellent sweeper when paired with Toxic Spikes, even beating the special walling monster known as Blissey. Many defensive pokemon such as Bronzong and Gyro Ball Forretress cannot break Rotom's substitutes which allows an easy Charge Beam setup. When Tyranitar comes in on a Charge Beam to ruin your fun you can smack it with Hidden Power [Fighting] for a 2HKO. Rotom also gives you a reliable switch into electric attacks.

Issues
I don't have too many issues with this guy.

He does his job and he does it well. He sets up behind his sub and proceeds to sweep, but he's got enough SpA where he doesn't need to set up to do some damage.

Over all he's a great addition to the team!

That's all I have to say about the team itself for now!

I'm considoring adding a threats list and a building process, I'll reserve a post for those just in case, tell me if those are needed to help you give me a better rate!

Thanks in advance.

The Retirement Home:

Old Pokemon Archived for your convenience

Gengar @ Life Orb
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP - Timid
Ability - Levitate
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Bolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why?

My team is really, really lacking on the special side, having suicune as my own "real" special sweeper, as Roserade is generally the sacraficial lamb. So naturally I wanted a Powerful special sweeper with good coverage, and who better to fill the spot than Gengar! It's giving me tons of coverage I was missing, like Ghost and Electric. Overall it's a good Poke, but I don't know how well it fits on this team.

Issues
I just hinted at it not being a good idea, so I might as well explain why here. It doesn't seem to be helping much, as my biggest weakness is MixMence, I have no idea what to do about it. I have however been thinking about giving it a choice scarf. This would allow me to come in on Mence to revenge kill and solve that problem, and I would also be able to leave Heatran as a wall and if I chose to add trick I would gain a cripple moves.

Gengar just wasn't fitting the bill, rotom here provides a good spin blocker with bulk, yet makes a great sweeper as well.

Suicune @ Leftovers
228 HP / 64 SpA / 216 Spe - Timid
Ability - Pressure
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Why?

Well, after I picked out Kingdra I decided to find a bulky special sweeper, Latias was the first thing that came to mind, but then I thought about it, and I didn't think it provided the coverage I need, and it added a dragon weakness. This set was picked for two reasons, really. I wanted Ice Coverage, and I didn't want to have two "Cro" Sweepers on this team.

Issues

This Cune is really iffy to me, it can easily pull through, but it also has a tendancy to fail miserably, with lack of recovery, there isn't really much I can do about saving it. I have two options, really, one is to switch it to a crocune and get one of my other Pokemon to cover Ice, or I could drop cune completely.

I chose to replace the old Cune set for this one for about 3 reasons.

1. This provides more coverage, not only can it set up and sweep, but it acts as a Gyarados check as well.
2. This Cune has a lot more raw power, without setting up it can still do some pretty good damahe.
3. More power in general, the last Suicune I had only had 64 SpA EV's, this one has much more special attack and can do even more damage to the opponenet while powered up with some CM's.

Threats List

I'm not good at these, so I'll point out my two biggest problems.

DD Mence: After a DD I have virtually nothing to handle this guy, I only have to hope Cune will live an attack and KO it with Icebeam.

Empoleon: I have almost no way to deal with Agility Empoleon once it's set up, it causes huge problems and I really don't know what to do about it =/

I really like your choice of implementing some lesser used sets (Kingdra / Cune / Heatran). I'm a big fan of Kingdra and use the Sub + DD set alot. I have also just came across one of those SpDef bulky Heatrans today and it roasted my Rotom-H, lol.

I think you could replace your Suicune with an offensive Cune. You already have Kingdra as a set up sweeper and using a very offensive Cune can give you some more immediate firepower. A lot of teams are more prepared for the bulky CroCune and hitting their counter with a Life Orb Hydro Pump on the switch can really cause some damage. Also, with offensive Cune, you are able to outspeed alot of stuff that CroCune can't. You can also give it Lefties or a little more bulk if you don't want to be all out offensive.

I noticed you mentioned CroCune, who would also enjoy the Toxic Spikes support, but lacks the Ice move you desire. If you switch to CroCune, you could switch your Gengar to Starmie who can run a similar set with less attack but more speed and a more powerful Ice Beam. Surf / TBolt / Ice Beam gives good coverage and you can give him Recover and maybe some physical bulk to take on Gyara and Co.

GL with your team.

Also, I would go against Rest on Heatran. I don't see it being nearly as useful as Earth Power or other attacking option.

I really like your choice of implementing some lesser used sets (Kingdra / Cune / Heatran). I'm a big fan of Kingdra and use the Sub + DD set alot. I have also just came across one of those SpDef bulky Heatrans today and it roasted my Rotom-H, lol.

I think you could replace your Suicune with an offensive Cune. You already have Kingdra as a set up sweeper and using a very offensive Cune can give you some more immediate firepower. A lot of teams are more prepared for the bulky CroCune and hitting their counter with a Life Orb Hydro Pump on the switch can really cause some damage. Also, with offensive Cune, you are able to outspeed alot of stuff that CroCune can't. You can also give it Lefties or a little more bulk if you don't want to be all out offensive.

I was going to go for offensive cune, but my original intent was to have several set up sweepers to abuse the toxic spikes, though I'll still give it a try.

I noticed you mentioned CroCune, who would also enjoy the Toxic Spikes support, but lacks the Ice move you desire. If you switch to CroCune, you could switch your Gengar to Starmie who can run a similar set with less attack but more speed and a more powerful Ice Beam. Surf / TBolt / Ice Beam gives good coverage and you can give him Recover and maybe some physical bulk to take on Gyara and Co.

That is not a bad idea at all, I'm definitely going to give this idea a shot, a bulky star could help with Mence and Gyara, I'll get back to you no results of this!

GL with your team.

Also, I would go against Rest on Heatran. I don't see it being nearly as useful as Earth Power or other attacking option.

My original intent was to use it for Tran lasting as long as possible, but it is a bit like Swampert, so I'll do some more testing to find out what's more useful.

Thanks for the rate, much appreciated, more rates would help, though!

As for Tran, Earth Power is probably the better choice. On Suicune, I would go with Roar, since your team lacks a phazer and would really benefit with the ability to spread poison. I think this team has the potential to be a semi-stall team. Basically, use entry hazards to weaken the opponents team as well as other bulky pokemon and utilize set up sweepers such as crocune, cursetar, cursepert, and even that Kingdra your running. I don't want to start changing this team up too much unless if you are willing to play this style though it is a bit more difficult to use.

As for Tran, Earth Power is probably the better choice. On Suicune, I would go with Roar, since your team lacks a phazer and would really benefit with the ability to spread poison. I think this team has the potential to be a semi-stall team. Basically, use entry hazards to weaken the opponents team as well as other bulky pokemon and utilize set up sweepers such as crocune, cursetar, cursepert, and even that Kingdra your running. I don't want to start changing this team up too much unless if you are willing to play this style though it is a bit more difficult to use.
I've played stall before, I know how to. I was actually going to bring up the possibility of a phazer, as I tend to have trouble with that.

I'm not switching the entirety of the team though, while it's bulky in general, it's still meant to be more offensive with some toxic spike abuse to allow easy set up.

As for Heatran, I've yet to do enough testing with Earth Power, but I can say rest has been working nicely.

I'll most likely do some laddering tommorow with Starmie in Gengars place and Suicune as a Crocune.

Thanks for the rate, though I don't think these changes fit with this teams particular style.

More rates on the way, I hope.

Hi,

I would recomend using a new lead and dropping roserade. You can use this heatran
Heatran @ Shucca Berry
4HP/252SpA/252spe-naive/timid
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
You're not going to be getting Toxic Spikes up as quickly as you would with roserade but you are pretty much guarenteed to get stealth rocks up. If you can try to save Heatran after you get Stealth rocks up for a scizor counter.

In place of Roserade you can use Forretress to get those Toxic Spikes up.
I would recomend this Forretress:
Forretress@ Shed Shell/ Leftovers
252hp/112attk/144def-Relaxed 0 speed IV's
Toxic spikes
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Explosion/Reflect/Rest
You arent going to be getting those spikes out as early as you'd like but you are going to get them up. Save Kingdra until after you have an opportunity to set up those spikes.

And definatly put the scarf on gengar.

Hi,

I would recomend using a new lead and dropping roserade. You can use this heatran
Heatran @ Shucca Berry
4HP/252SpA/252spe-naive/timid
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
You're not going to be getting Toxic Spikes up as quickly as you would with roserade but you are pretty much guarenteed to get stealth rocks up. If you can try to save Heatran after you get Stealth rocks up for a scizor counter.

This ruins my Special tank and lowers the chances of me getting toxic spikes up, which is one of the key components of this team. If they're not up asap it'll be more difficult for my sweepers to set up.

Also, I don't see ANY reason for this replacement at all? I understand SR is useful, but for this team in particular it's no where near essential, Toxic spikes help out even more.

If you have a good reason for this change, I'd like to hear it, otherwise, no.

In place of Roserade you can use Forretress to get those Toxic Spikes up.
I would recomend this Forretress:
Forretress@ Shed Shell/ Leftovers
252hp/112attk/144def-Relaxed 0 speed IV's
Toxic spikes
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Explosion/Reflect/Rest
You arent going to be getting those spikes out as early as you'd like but you are going to get them up. Save Kingdra until after you have an opportunity to set up those spikes.

It's not the best idea to have two 4x fire weak Pokemon on the same team, not only that, you doing this removes a Pokemon that allows me to use sleep and possibly absorb toxic spike, not to mention if Roserade lives through the set up it can always attack, I already have like, 3 physical tanks, Forre is completely useless to me.

And definatly put the scarf on gengar.

Thanks for agreeing with me...but why? I want to know why it's good and how it will help.
Thanks for the rate! Sorry, I was a bit harsh on you, but if you're going to suggest things to me, please give some form of reason for it, randomly telling me to change things like this would just confuse me, as I wouldn't get an idea on how to use the team.

Keep the rates coming!

The team seems very good although i see an overall problem. You only have 1 electric resist, and while you have only 1 weakness, you put the resist as your lead, and leads have this terrible tendency to die.

scarf magnezone, in the midgame after heatran has switched into stealthrocks 1 time, 2HKOS your entire team, you best bet would be to bring in heatran, but is it is resting or if it takes the hit, most of your team does nothing to scarfnezone. Bar scizor but if they have 1 hes as good as dead to hp fire earlier in the match anyways.

Its not a huge weakness and is uncommon at best, but for that matter and powerful electric attack does the same thing to your team especially something that calm minds. Raikou for example.

To fix this, running jolteon over gengar could work as he doesnt do much

Jolteon @ Life Orb/ Specs
Ability:Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid (+spe, -atk)
Evs: 4hp/ 252spcA/ 252 spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow ball
-Hp Ice
-Any number of support options (wish, yawn, substitute, baton pass)

He keeps the notable need for ghost and electric coverage you mentioned, is immune to electric himself, outruns and OHKOs mixmence, and can slightly support your team in a way gengar couldnt

good team all around hence me going to a slightly obscure problem, but raikou and magnezone, or electric attacks really CANspell doom for your team. i hope you wil take mypost into consideration

Thanks for a pleasurable RMT and good luck

The team seems very good although i see an overall problem. You only have 1 electric resist, and while you have only 1 weakness, you put the resist as your lead, and leads have this terrible tendency to die.

scarf magnezone, in the midgame after heatran has switched into stealthrocks 1 time, 2HKOS your entire team, you best bet would be to bring in heatran, but is it is resting or if it takes the hit, most of your team does nothing to scarfnezone. Bar scizor but if they have 1 hes as good as dead to hp fire earlier in the match anyways.

Its not a huge weakness and is uncommon at best, but for that matter and powerful electric attack does the same thing to your team especially something that calm minds. Raikou for example.

To fix this, running jolteon over gengar could work as he doesnt do much

Jolteon @ Life Orb/ Specs
Ability:Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid (+spe, -atk)
Evs: 4hp/ 252spcA/ 252 spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow ball
-Hp Ice
-Any number of support options (wish, yawn, substitute, baton pass)

He keeps the notable need for ghost and electric coverage you mentioned, is immune to electric himself, outruns and OHKOs mixmence, and can slightly support your team in a way gengar couldnt

good team all around hence me going to a slightly obscure problem, but raikou and magnezone, or electric attacks really CANspell doom for your team. i hope you wil take mypost into consideration

Thanks for a pleasurable RMT and good luck

Thanks for the suggestion, and I realize I do have a slight problem with choice scarf Magnezone.

Raikou isn't going to be doing much because of Toxic spikes, but it is something to be weary of.

The ways I have both of them beat is with Cune getting CM's up or Kingdra having DD's up.

I guess I should worry about it, but your suggestion doesn't help me, Jolteon is only going to take hits, it can't touch either of those Pokes.

Suggestions?

Keep the rates coming!

hmm i guess your right, i was just thinking of electric immunity and keeping the ghost electric attack combo,

i think that this may do the trick:

Electivire @ life orb
Ability; motor drive
Nature: Mild
Evs: 36Atk /252Satk /220Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-HP-Ice/ Cross Chop

This works as an amazing wall breaker and can kill many of its supposed counters, this is basically a smogon set but since you have the dragons covered, i would suggest EQ over it to kill your electic weakness

i really think that this would help your team over gengar.

good luck

hmm i guess your right, i was just thinking of electric immunity and keeping the ghost electric attack combo,

i think that this may do the trick:

Electivire @ life orb
Ability; motor drive
Nature: Mild
Evs: 36Atk /252Satk /220Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-HP-Ice/ Cross Chop

This works as an amazing wall breaker and can kill many of its supposed counters, this is basically a smogon set but since you have the dragons covered, i would suggest EQ over it to kill your electic weakness

i really think that this would help your team over gengar.

good luck

Again, to be brutally honest this doesn't help still.

Raikou is the bigger problem here, and it's faster than Electivire, with it being faster it can KO with shadow ball.

Keep rating, please!

no see, raikou is going to switch in and probly use t-bolt, then you switch evire on it, you now outspeed and KO with EQ, i should have clarified i guess, but this electivire runs on electricity basically... it loves that speed boost and those 2 threats provide it plentifully

that and the common raikou doesnt run shadow ball, it runs hp ice or grass so it cant ohko electivire even without the speed boost he wins

no see, raikou is going to switch in and probly use t-bolt, then you switch evire on it, you now outspeed and KO with EQ, i should have clarified i guess, but this electivire runs on electricity basically... it loves that speed boost and those 2 threats provide it plentifully

Well it does seem good, but then the next problem is that with 36 Attack EV's, it's not KOing.

There's got to better a solution better than Electivire.

plus 1 hidden power doesnt 2HKO, and plus 1 shadow ball barely 2hkos on average

meaning you can switch in as soon as raikou appears, either it t-bolts and raises your speed Then you OHKO, subs and doesnt 3HKO as you break sub and Kill, calm minds, hits you and is OHKOd, or hidden powers you on the switch then 1 more as you kill it.

it seems to solve the problem perfectly

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hello.

The first thing I noticed in your team was the presence of SubCune. As nice as it is to pull off a SubCM sweep, I believe that Suicune is going to have trouble doing it, even with Toxic Spikes support. I have used a very similar team to this before (based around TSpikes + Sub Cune/Raikou may i add) and although Sub Cune was easy to set up, it lacked a whole lot of power and looking back at it now I would have just run 3 Attack Life Orb Suicune. I believe 3 attack CM Cune would be a good replacement for Sub Cune because you get unparalelled coverage as well as a presence to be able to sweep. CM Cune also acts as an excellent Gyarados check, which you are going to have a lot of trouble against if Kingdra is asleep and doesn't use Outrage while sleeping. You also get the surprise of OHKOing Breloom / 2HKOing Celebi with Ice Beam while still being able to OHKO Infernape with Surf and Gyarados with HP Electric, which is important because if you are limiting yourself to 2 moves you are going to get walled by at least 1 of the above mons.

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Next off, I think that Rotom-c makes a much better spinblocker on an offensive team as compared to Gengar, who only brings offense to the table. Rotom-c brings offense and defense to the table. Substitute Charge Beam Rotom-c is an excellent sweeper when paired with Toxic Spikes, even beating the special walling monster known as Blissey. Many defensive pokemon such as Bronzong and Gyro Ball Forretress cannot break Rotom's substitutes which allows an easy Charge Beam setup. When Tyranitar comes in on a Charge Beam to ruin your fun you can smack it with Hidden Power [Fighting] for a 2HKO. Rotom also gives you a reliable switch into electric attacks.

Rotom-c @ Leftovers
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Last off, I feel that Roar would be an excellent option on your Heatran to scout opposing teams. Heatran's mere presence forces many switches and with Roar you can easily see what your opponent's first switch into Heatran is, you can even rack up damage from the very Stealth Rock your Heatran sets up. Roar Heatran can also phaze out Raikou, which you claim is a problem.

Good luck!

plus 1 hidden power doesnt 2HKO, and plus 1 shadow ball barely 2hkos on average

meaning you can switch in as soon as raikou appears, either it t-bolts and raises your speed Then you OHKO, subs and doesnt 3HKO as you break sub and Kill, calm minds, hits you and is OHKOd, or hidden powers you on the switch then 1 more as you kill it.

it seems to solve the problem perfectly
I wouldn't say perfectly, as this gives me a ground weakness with no resists at all.

Electivire is also seriously lacking the SpA department so I'm not going to be hurting anything all that much.

Hello.

The first thing I noticed in your team was the presence of SubCune. As nice as it is to pull off a SubCM sweep, I believe that Suicune is going to have trouble doing it, even with Toxic Spikes support. I have used a very similar team to this before (based around TSpikes + Sub Cune/Raikou may i add) and although Sub Cune was easy to set up, it lacked a whole lot of power and looking back at it now I would have just run 3 Attack Life Orb Suicune. I believe 3 attack CM Cune would be a good replacement for Sub Cune because you get unparalelled coverage as well as a presence to be able to sweep. CM Cune also acts as an excellent Gyarados check, which you are going to have a lot of trouble against if Kingdra is asleep and doesn't use Outrage while sleeping. You also get the surprise of OHKOing Breloom / 2HKOing Celebi with Ice Beam while still being able to OHKO Infernape with Surf and Gyarados with HP Electric, which is important because if you are limiting yourself to 2 moves you are going to get walled by at least 1 of the above mons.

Suicune @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Hmm, I'll give this a shot, I hadn't considered it. It seems to do the same job as sub Cune, more or less.

Next off, I think that Rotom-c makes a much better spinblocker on an offensive team as compared to Gengar, who only brings offense to the table. Rotom-c brings offense and defense to the table. Substitute Charge Beam Rotom-c is an excellent sweeper when paired with Toxic Spikes, even beating the special walling monster known as Blissey. Many defensive pokemon such as Bronzong and Gyro Ball Forretress cannot break Rotom's substitutes which allows an easy Charge Beam setup. When Tyranitar comes in on a Charge Beam to ruin your fun you can smack it with Hidden Power [Fighting] for a 2HKO. Rotom also gives you a reliable switch into electric attacks.

Rotom-c @ Leftovers
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

This seems to solve my electric coverage and my special attacking issue, I like this, I'll definately try it, it seems near perfect in Gengars place.

Last off, I feel that Roar would be an excellent option on your Heatran to scout opposing teams. Heatran's mere presence forces many switches and with Roar you can easily see what your opponent's first switch into Heatran is, you can even rack up damage from the very Stealth Rock your Heatran sets up. Roar Heatran can also phaze out Raikou, which you claim is a problem.

I had actually been considoring this for Heatran, but I'm not to sure what to replace it for, rest?

Good luck!

I really appreciate this rate, it helped a lot.

I'll get back with results from this one.
Keep the rates coming!

with LO and rocks it should OHKO.

well, i cant say i didnt try, its a great solution to the problem you have, and a ground waekness isnt much of a problem, if you are looking for a special attacker That can Switch into Raikou as it subs, AND Break the sub, AND OHKO from there, WITHOUT dying in the process, your dreaming to hard...

with LO and rocks it should OHKO.

well, i cant say i didnt try, its a great solution to the problem you have, and a ground waekness isnt much of a problem, if you are looking for a special attacker That can Switch into Raikou as it subs, AND Break the sub, AND OHKO from there, WITHOUT dying in the process, your dreaming to hard...

Rotom fixes the problem fine.

Heatran can Phaze Raikou now, there you go.

The EQ weakness was also a huge issue, as it's one of the most commonly used moves.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Yeah i'd replace rest as it's rather dangerous without a heal beller / aromatherapy user or sleep talk.

-Bump- I guess.

I updated the team to add Rotom and fix Cunes set, I've also thrown in a retirement home and added a threats list.

Hopefully they will be able to help.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)