ORAS OU Just another Mega-Zam team

Introduction

Honestly, I just wanted a Mega Alakazam team, Trace + 150 Spe is freacking cool to use (There is nothing more satisfying than Tracing Swif Swim/Sand Rush against weather teams, or switch into a Gastrodon's Scald, Trace Storm Drain and Encore XD) and this thing is what I ended up with. The team is decent enough to stand on is own... so... yeah.

The Team

150% More Spoons (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

This is the Pokémon I choosed to build around, his awesome 150 Speed tier allows him to outspeed the full unboosted metagame besides Mega Aerodactyl and Ninjask.
His high speed plus an even higher special attack makes him an amazing revenge killer and late game sweeper, having a great matchup against offense.
Psychic is the mandatory Psychic STAB, checking Fighting types that trouble Bisharp, Kills Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss for Keldeo.
Focus Blast hits (lol, "hits" and "Focus Blast" in the same sentence without a "never" in the middle) Dark and Steel Types that resist Psychic, while Shadow Ball hits other Psychic types.
Substitute is great when you predict a switch or a Sucker Punch. It gives inmunity to status moves which helps Zam to deal with Stall just a little better.

My Little S-Rank (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Keldeo checks Dark and Steel types that resist Mega-Zam STAB and are threatening to him, like Bisharp and Weavile, while also checking the Steel and Ground types that check Bisharp. Timid to outspeed everything you can, while carrying Choice Specs to hit like a truck. Scald hits hard and has a chance to burn, Hydro Pump hits harder (when it hits), Secret Sword is the best Fighting STAB for Keldeo and HP Electric to hit better the bulky waters that try to switch into Keldeo.

Literally a Bishop (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bisharp checks Lati@s, Ghost and Psychic types that give trouble to both Zam and Keldeo, while also checking some Fairy and Grass types that give trouble to the latter.
Adamant nature for exceptional power, Knock hits super hard and takes out the enemy's item,Sucker Punch for priority, while Swords Dance gives me set up and another win condition, Iron Head nukes Fairies and Lum berry heals status, which improves a lot his matchup against status user, since they give you a free turn to hit something or set up.

Useless Fangs (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

AV Raikou can switch into Thundurus and other electric types Pokemon really easily, which can be a problem to Zam thanks to Prankster T-Wave. Thunderbolt is the main tool for damage, while Volt Switch gives me momentum and makes a Volt-Turn core with Lando-T. HP Ice hits Lando, Garchomp, Gliscor, etc, while Shadow Ball gives me coverage. The Evs are pretty standard.

This is Scarfed (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Latios is my revenge killer and defogger. Choice Scarf allows him to outspeed fast threats that Zam can't outspeed before and after mega evolving, like +1 Zard X, +1 Gyarados, Mega Lopunny, Mega Manetric, Tornadus-T, etc. Draco and Psyshock are powerfull STABs, Trick cripples set up and status mons, while Defog is Defog, so I don't lose to Sticky Web teams.

I'm EVERYWHERE (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Landorus-T is my rock setter, the EV spread is the standard, but being 1 point slower than other Landos so I can get a slower U-turn. Landorus can check priority users that can hurt Zam badly. Thanks to U-Turn, creates a Volt-Turn with Raikou, which is quite useful to give Zam a free switch. Gives me a Ground inmunity other than Latios, and it can switch into ScarfDrill, which was a problem before adding Lando to the team.

Conclusion

What can I say? The Zam/Keldeo/Bisharp core is pretty cool... After the fixes, the team has been working a lot better, specially after adding Lando

Edit: lol I forgot the importable

150% More Spoons (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

My Little S-Rank (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Useless Fangs (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

1.3x DRACO!!! (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

I'm EVERYWHERE (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Ehy :)
I think that Substitute>Signal Beam is a good option because help your setup and give you a really wincon.
Useless Fangs (Raikou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

I think that Swords Dance>Pursuit is a good option because give you a second wincon that is more important for the team.
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Sword Dance
- Iron Head

Hope help you and good luck with the team

Ehy :)
I think that Substitute>Signal Beam is a good option because help your setup and give you a really wincon.
Useless Fangs (Raikou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

I think that Swords Dance>Pursuit is a good option because give you a second wincon that is more important for the team.
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Sword Dance
- Iron Head

Hope help you and good luck with the team
Thanks for the rate.

I'm definetly switching Signal Beam to Substitute, SB was only there to hit better Celebi and Venusaur anyways XD

I'm still testing out the changes on Bisharp, Im playing with SD sometimes and with Pursuit others, and I can't really decide yet, tho I'm liking SD a little better :D

Well, thanks for the rate again a have a nice day Ü

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As suggested above, run Swords Dance > Pursuit.

If you are running Lum Berry, always run Swords Dance since you want to sponge Will-O-Wisps/Thunder Waves and sweep the opposing team / deal massive damage.

I also don't really see why running Pursuit if Lati@s don't stop your team. They aren't a problem, they might be switch into Keldeo's attacks for a while but they can get worn down with burns and Hydro Pump which does a lot. Also, your scarf Latios deals pretty well with regular LO Lati@s.

Gengar isn't a problem as well, as Alakazam outspeeds and OHKOs and Pursuit Bisharp doesn't really stop Gengars because they all run Focus Blast, but you can sure try to play Sucker Punch / Pursuit mindgames, or just count on a Focus Blast miss (that's happens a lot :D).

If you run Swords Dance on Bisharp, I would recommend changing Raikou's set to the Assault Vest set, as you don't really have a special sponge.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Also, why not running Landorus-T > Clefable?
Except for Latios, your team doesn't really have a Ground switch-in and I won't really count Raikou on taking on birds.
It does the same role as Clefable, but also provides you with a bird check.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

If you insist on staying with Clefable, which I don't really recommend doing, run an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD, as it is Unaware and this is the set I would recommend for Unaware Clefables.

Other than those, your team looks very nice and I would definitely try laddering with it once!

Have an amazing day!

Last edited:
As suggested above, run Swords Dance > Pursuit.

If you are running Lum Berry, always run Swords Dance since you want to sponge Will-O-Wisps/Thunder Waves and sweep the opposing team / deal massive damage.

I also don't really see why running Pursuit if Lati@s don't stop your team. They aren't a problem, they might be switch into Keldeo's attacks for a while but they can get worn down with burns and Hydro Pump which does a lot. Also, your scarf Latios deals pretty well with regular LO Lati@s.

Gengar isn't a problem as well, as Alakazam outspeeds and OHKOs and Pursuit Bisharp doesn't really stop Gengars because they all run Focus Blast, but you can sure try to play Sucker Punch / Pursuit mindgames, or just count on a Focus Blast miss (that's happens a lot :D).

If you run Swords Dance on Bisharp, I would recommend changing Raikou's set to the Assault Vest set, as you don't really have a special sponge.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

Also, why not running Landorus-T > Clefable?
Except for Latios, your team doesn't really have a Ground switch-in and I won't really count Raikou on taking on birds.
It does the same roll as Clefable, but also provides you with a bird check.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

If you insist on staying with Clefable, which I don't really recommend doing, run an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD, as it is Unaware and this is the set I would recommend for Unaware Clefables.

Other than those, your team looks very nice and I would definitely try laddering with it once!

Have an amazing day!
Thanks for replying, I tried your sets and worked really well. I'm definetly changing Clef for Lando-T, and Assault Vest really works well in Raikou :)

Thanks for the rate and have a nice day

yo my man
nice team, love the keld + bisharp + zam core. a pretty solid start, you can optimize the landorus-t spread by running 248 HP / 224 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe. This spread lets you eat a draco from life orb latios, which is always nice.
something you can try on megazam to improve you matchup with opposing bisharp (as it looks pretty threatening) is Substitute > Encore. This way, you can sub up on bisharps as they try to sucker you and then freely focus blast them in the face.
a strategic nickname suggestion would be changing your nickname on latios. telling your opponent that your latios is scarfed generally isn't a very good idea, even if it does creat "mindgames."

other than that it looks pretty solid man, go ham!

Yo. Very cool mega alakazam Hyper Offense team. I will try to make my changes for an HO team.

First thing I notice you say is you have raikou for electric types. But you have latios to check the electric types especially since your scarf as you can catch them with an unexpected draco metor because they think they are faster and will volt switch. This is why you should run life orb tornadus-therian over raikou. The main reasons why I chose tornadus-therian is because stall just shuts down your team as you do not have a way to break stall besides maybe tricking one of the mons a scarf with latios but after that you kinda just get widdled down. Tornadus-Therian can also help you vs grass types that might trouble you like serperior. Tornadus-therian still forms a u-turn core with landorus and you still have the option of running hidden power ice on tornadus to hit the gliscors/landorus/garchomps etc.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Hidden Power Ice

<
allows team to have a way to deal with stall and deals better with grass types like serperior

ya wassup guys, i just read the recent conversation in here and i came to another idea:

its correct, ur team has different difficulties with beating stall.
But, i dont really understand the difficulties with beating e.g. serperior which were named befor.
Scarf Lati deals tons of damage to it with draco meteor, av raikou outspeeds it too and zam can revenge it. same for bisharp.

But i've recognized that u cant really break teams. On the other hand, we cant make huge changes to the team, since u have to play aggressive and rely on plays to make this team work.

Thats why i'd change just a little thing:

uturn landorus to SD landorus

SD Landorus really helps u to break things like amoongus/rotom-w/clefable/reuniclus etc. it can set up on hippowdon for example and even rotom gets 2hkoed by a stone edge if landorus is on +2.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

that'd be the set, lefties will help u to beat other landorus and to break hippowdon, mega venusaur, clefable, reuni more reliable !

hope i helped

Yeyy, so many rates!! >///<

yo my man
nice team, love the keld + bisharp + zam core. a pretty solid start, you can optimize the landorus-t spread by running 248 HP / 224 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe. This spread lets you eat a draco from life orb latios, which is always nice.
something you can try on megazam to improve you matchup with opposing bisharp (as it looks pretty threatening) is Substitute > Encore. This way, you can sub up on bisharps as they try to sucker you and then freely focus blast them in the face.
a strategic nickname suggestion would be changing your nickname on latios. telling your opponent that your latios is scarfed generally isn't a very good idea, even if it does creat "mindgames."

other than that it looks pretty solid man, go ham!
I like that EV spread for Lando-T, even tho, I may take some speed to get slow U-turns against other Landos

Why I didn't think of Substitute before? I have lost many times against Bisharps winning 50/50s against Zam, definetly trying out Sub over Encore

and btw, I already changed the nickname on Lati, it was fun to actually have the nickname "This is Scarfed", and people still staying in with their Lopunnys to eat a Psyshock and then type in the chat "Wow, I never thought it was ACTUALLY scarfed and not just a bluff" or something like that, right now I'm deciding between "DRACO METEOR" bluffing a standar set or "Is it hot here?" bluffing a HP Fire Lati, or just a nickname like "Dennis" or something like that XD

Yo. Very cool mega alakazam Hyper Offense team. I will try to make my changes for an HO team.

First thing I notice you say is you have raikou for electric types. But you have latios to check the electric types especially since your scarf as you can catch them with an unexpected draco metor because they think they are faster and will volt switch. This is why you should run life orb tornadus-therian over raikou. The main reasons why I chose tornadus-therian is because stall just shuts down your team as you do not have a way to break stall besides maybe tricking one of the mons a scarf with latios but after that you kinda just get widdled down. Tornadus-Therian can also help you vs grass types that might trouble you like serperior. Tornadus-therian still forms a u-turn core with landorus and you still have the option of running hidden power ice on tornadus to hit the gliscors/landorus/garchomps etc.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Hidden Power Ice

<
allows team to have a way to deal with stall and deals better with grass types like serperior
Even tho this team doesn't have the best type of matchup against stall, I have faced stall before, and so far I can handle it, the combination of Specs Keldeo + SD Lum Bisharp can harm Stall quite well in my experience, I need to do some hard plays, like that time I used Secret Sword against Sableye in turn 1 predicting the Chansey, and it worked (The most satisfying ragequit in my life), but having Taunt Torn-T in the team seems like a good adition, that makes me have an easier time against Stall.

The only problem I see (in theory) of changing AV Raikou is the fact that Mega Gardevoir can kill a member turn 1 if Gardy leads (they ussualy do against this team), since nothing that can outspeed it can OHKO it, while Gardevoir can kill something back, also, opposing Tornadus (and Mega Pidegot) can just spam Hurricane against my team. Another little thing is that Raikou can work as a panic button against Talonflame if I lose Lando-T too early to a missplay or a crit.

Other than that, I'm really interested to see how does Tornadus-T in my team Ü

ya wassup guys, i just read the recent conversation in here and i came to another idea:

its correct, ur team has different difficulties with beating stall.
But, i dont really understand the difficulties with beating e.g. serperior which were named befor.
Scarf Lati deals tons of damage to it with draco meteor, av raikou outspeeds it too and zam can revenge it. same for bisharp.

But i've recognized that u cant really break teams. On the other hand, we cant make huge changes to the team, since u have to play aggressive and rely on plays to make this team work.

Thats why i'd change just a little thing:

uturn landorus to SD landorus

SD Landorus really helps u to break things like amoongus/rotom-w/clefable/reuniclus etc. it can set up on hippowdon for example and even rotom gets 2hkoed by a stone edge if landorus is on +2.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

that'd be the set, lefties will help u to beat other landorus and to break hippowdon, mega venusaur, clefable, reuni more reliable !

hope i helped
This seems like a cool set to use, I'm trying this out.
But right now, that Helmet is staying in Lando's head! I just really like using it, being my second favourite item in the game (first being Choice Scarf) and being really useful punishing Jirachi or Scizor, that are a problem for Zam to handle

Well, thanks everyone for the rates guys, I'm definetly trying all of these changes!

So far, Im getting close to top #500 with this team, is not really that impresive, specially considering I have climbed much higher, but is the first time I have climbed so high with a team I made, instead of using someone else's team to climb.

Anyways, I will update the OP once I finished testing out all the changes, and I decide which ones I like the most and I find that fit the most in the team!!

Last edited:
Yeyy, so many rates!! >///<

I like that EV spread for Lando-T, even tho, I may take some speed to get slow U-turns against other Landos

Why I didn't think of Substitute before? I have lost many times against Bisharps winning 50/50s against Zam, definetly trying out Sub over Encore

and btw, I already changed the nickname on Lati, it was fun to actually have the nickname "This is Scarfed", and people still staying in with their Lopunnys to eat a Psyshock and then type in the chat "Wow, I never thought it was ACTUALLY scarfed and not just a bluff" or something like that, right now I'm deciding between "DRACO METEOR" bluffing a standar set or "Is it hot here?" bluffing a HP Fire Lati, or just a nickname like "Dennis" or something like that XD

Even tho this team doesn't have the best type of matchup against stall, I have faced stall before, and so far I can handle it, the combination of Specs Keldeo + SD Lum Bisharp can harm Stall quite well in my experience, I need to do some hard plays, like that time I used Secret Sword against Sableye in turn 1 predicting the Chansey, and it worked (The most satisfying ragequit in my life), but having Taunt Torn-T in the team seems like a good adition, that makes me have an easier time against Stall.

The only problem I see (in theory) of changing AV Raikou is the fact that Mega Gardevoir can kill a member turn 1 if Gardy leads (they ussualy do against this team), since nothing that can outspeed it can OHKO it, while Gardevoir can kill something back, also, opposing Tornadus (and Mega Pidegot) can just spam Hurricane against my team. Another little thing is that Raikou can work as a panic button against Talonflame if I lose Lando-T too early to a missplay or a crit.

Other than that, I'm really interested to see how does Tornadus-T in my team Ü

This seems like a cool set to use, I'm trying this out.
But right now, that Helmet is staying in Lando's head! I just really like using it, being my second favourite item in the game (first being Choice Scarf) and being really useful punishing Jirachi or Scizor, that are a problem for Zam to handle

Well, thanks everyone for the rates guys, I'm definetly trying all of these changes!

So far, Im getting close to top #500 with this team, is not really that impresive, specially considering I have climbed much higher, but is the first time I have climbed so high with a team I made, instead of using someone else's team to climb.

Anyways, I will update the OP once I finished testing out all the changes, and I decide which ones I like the most and I find that fit the most in the team!!
People are not going to switch chansey into a keldeo. They are going to switch into something that dosent mind taking a scald or a secrect sword like ammongous. Anyways you mentioned mega-gardevoir being a threat to this team because this team dosent have a fairy resist. I thought about it and i noticed how big of threat fairy attacks are to this team cause like i said there isnt a resist to it. My other change had tornadus-therian to help vs stall and grass types but another option you have is too run heatran because it still does that job while also resisting fairy attacks. Another good thing about heatran is that it can switch into draco metors which this team struggles to switch into besides like bisharp. So i definetly shouldve said heatran over tornadus-therian as heatran still helps vs stall, still beats grass types and can also switch into fairy attacks and dragon attacks. But if you want you can still run tornadus-therian and use iron tail on it to oko mega gardevoir.

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 278-328 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 374-442 (155.1 - 183.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Taunt magma storm just breaks stall as you stop them from doing much. Running wilo helps you catch some mons that wanna switch into you like azumarill or maybe even gliscor if toxic orb isnt activated. Earth power is just to hit mons for super effective dmg like other heatrans. The 60 hp lets u live a close combat from mega pinsir at full hp

252 Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 284-336 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Helps vs stall, switches into dragon/grass/fairy attacks
Iron tail>knock off or u-turn helps vs fairy pokemon like mega-dianice/mega-gardeovir

Last edited:
People are not going to switch chansey into a keldeo. They are going to switch into something that dosent mind taking a scald or a secrect sword like ammongous. Anyways you mentioned mega-gardevoir being a threat to this team because this team dosent have a fairy resist. I thought about it and i noticed how big of threat fairy attacks are to this team cause like i said there isnt a resist to it. My other change had tornadus-therian to help vs stall and grass types but another option you have is too run heatran because it still does that job while also resisting fairy attacks. Another good thing about heatran is that it can switch into draco metors which this team struggles to switch into besides like bisharp. So i definetly shouldve said heatran over tornadus-therian as heatran still helps vs stall, still beats grass types and can also switch into fairy attacks and dragon attacks. But if you want you can still run tornadus-therian and use iron tail on it to oko mega gardevoir.

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 278-328 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 374-442 (155.1 - 183.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Taunt magma storm just breaks stall as you stop them from doing much. Running wilo helps you catch some mons that wanna switch into you like azumarill or maybe even gliscor if toxic orb isnt activated. Earth power is just to hit mons for super effective dmg like other heatrans. The 60 hp lets u live a close combat from mega pinsir at full hp

252 Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 60 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 284-336 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Helps vs stall, switches into dragon/grass/fairy attacks
Iron tail>knock off or u-turn helps vs fairy pokemon like mega-dianice/mega-gardeovir
Hmm, actually Heatran sounds really interesting, and I have always wanted to use Magma Storm Tran in a team, so this may be my chance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)