ORAS OU Just A Balanced Team

Hey everyone,
I haven't been very active lately, and that's because I've been trying to make a good balanced team. I really don't know what else to say here, but here's the team breakdown!

One of the many things i like about competitive pokemon battling is all the different roles that you can have on a team! But, unfortunately, every pokemon battler ever suffers from 6-pokemon slot syndrome, so you have to pick the roles suited for your play style or the type of team you want to make. For my balanced team, I wanted a strong defensive core with some mons that can pack a punch. The roles I wanted to fill were as follows:
Physical/ Special Wall
Cleric
Wallbreaker
Offensive Lead
Spinner
Sweeper

So anyway, here's the team!

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 232 Def / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Rotom acts as my main wall, stopping both physical and special attackers alike. The moveset is pretty standard; Pain Split acts as recovery with leftovers. The EVs, as most of you can tell, seem pretty off. The reason I don't have any HP EVs is for Pain Split. The 20 speed EVs are to outspeed spinner excadrill and burn him. Rotom has served me very well in most of my battles.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is my favorite rocks setter in OU, as it has far from no offensive capabilities and can dish out a ton of damage before it goes down. The set was basically copy-pasted from the Smogon Dex's Heatran page: Fire Blast over Magma Storm because if using Focus Blast has taught me a lesson, then better be safe then sorry.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
Excadrill serves as my spinner, and he does his job well. A great HP stat with an awesome defensive typing makes it a very reliable spinner. He's also very far from passive, packing a massive 135 base attack stat. The set is again, copy-pasted from his dex page. Overall, he does his job, and he does it well.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Kazam is one of the best special wallbreakers with a great SpA stat and amazing speed. Combine that with an ability in Magic Guard and you get a threat that people should take very seriously and the ones who don't will soon. This set is very original and totally not "borrowed" from the Smogon Dex.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
Charizard X is by far my favorite sweeper. It's great defensive typing makes it extremely easy to set up DD, and when you have that, it's practically over already. I highly recommend looking at his Smogon Dex page for more details that I may have missed. It's usually DD and GG for me.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
And finally we have Togekiss, the cleric and counterpart to Rotom. They have great synergy together, as the only types that aren't covered are Rock and Poison, which are handled my Heatran. Heal Bell and Nasty Plot make it both a stallbreaker and a cleric. I would like to thank the Smogon Dex for most of my sets including this one.

THREATS:
Dark types: my only move that can hit them for super-effective damage is Focus Miss, so

Any feedback is appreciated, thx :3

Last edited:

Exiline

Banned deucer.
is a Past SCL Championis a Two-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
haven't so much time for a real rate but:

-having 2 mega in the same team is really bad because you can only use a single on in a match.
-"build by role" like "I should take a physical wall and a cleric" is a very very bad idea, "building buy threats" is really better

sorry for my random english n_n

Hey , nice team but a few thing are a bit strange one having two mega is really bad like Exiline said the best solution to this is just making alakazam life orb exact same set , also spdef Rotom-wash is really bad too physically defensive rotom is miles better also spdef excadrill is bad as well or at least in my opinion and you lack speed control so I suggest you make it scarf excadrill .Last but no least I recommend changing togekiss to torn-t because it pair very well with rotom-wash and it give you a good spdef wall and a volt turn core

Set changes:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / [44 Spe]
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

i recommend bumping the speed EVs on Rotom-W up to 44. That way it hits 219, which enables it to outspeed jolly max speed Azumarill.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alakazam @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- [Taunt]

Maybe try taunt on Alakazam over substitute, that way could deal with walls such as Chansey better.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon -> Taunt
- Earth Power -> Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I would swap earth power or flash cannon for taunt on heatran. Max speed enables you to taunt other leads along with defensive 100 base speed pokemon such as stall breaker Mew and Zapdos.

Also, swap that excadrill set to a scarfed set lol. That defensive set is mostly used to lay rocks and usually runs toxic. Since you already have a rock setter, it is not needed. And scarfed is a means of speed control.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)