its full of joy!(OU RMT)

yup this is another of my offensive RMTs ,so what can i say?

most of the time togekiss is used as a annoyer,using the classic parafilnch combo to annoy the oppodent.but what about the sweeping sets?

thats what this RMT is all about(its based on one of the forgotten sets of togekiss, the nasty plotter.)
changes in red
team at a glance

without futher ado my team:

the lead:

jirachi@choice scarf

ability:serence grace
evs:80 hp/252 attack/176 speed
nature:jolly
-trick
-stealth rock
-fire punch
-iron head
ah jirachi,my favorite lead after azelf.this jirachi is your standard trick lead he tricks his choice scarf then lays down some stealth rocks.it can then use u-turn to scout or uses his ever annoying weapeon in iron head to annoy the foe,jirachi is one of the most annoying leads of OU and certainly the most annoying teammate in this team so watch out leads!

the phyiscal sweeper

salamence@life orb

ability:imtimidate
evs:232 attac
k/24 sp attack/252 speed
nature:naughty
-dragon dance
-earthquake
-fire blast
-outrage
this is my physical sweeper,and one of the most important members of this team,this is not the best dragon dance mence in the world but could work at destroying scizor,skaromy and other steels.he dragon dances then sweeps with its choice of outrage as its main STAB attack or use earthquake to destroy heatran which would otherwise wall salamence its also the safer option over fire blast
the special sweeper

starmie@life orb

ability:natural cure
evs:4 hp/252 sp attack/252 speed
nature:timid
-hydro pump
-ice beam
-thunderbolt
-rapid spin
starmie is not only my special sweeper but provides rapid spin support for my team,this starmie is a typical life orb starmie hydro pump is chosen
over surf to score some important KOs and 2HKO that surf cannot.thunderbolt and ice beam gives starmie the classic boltbeam combination ,unlike other waters who rely on hidden power electric to hurt other water types
the supporter

swampert@leftovers

ability:torrent
evs:252 hp/6 attack/252 defense
nature:impish
-waterfall
-earthquake
-alvalance
-stone edge
should jirachi get destroyed by other earthquaking leads like swampert?or should jirachis rocks be knocked down by rapid spin?then swamperts the next best thing!this is a physical swampert ,it gets the rocks up then attack the foe with earthquake,avalance,or stone edge,although i am thinking of chaging stone edge to waterfall,as it takes advantage of swamperts other STAB but stone edge can be used for gyrados?
the secondary physical sweeper

electrivire@life orb

ability:motor drive
evs:6 hp/252 attack/252 speed
nature:adamant
-ice punch
-thunder punch
-cross chop
-meditate
yup,this is my secondary physical sweeper and pairs well with starmie and togekiss,this set is a physical boosting vire, it comes in to recieve the motor drive then meditate on the switch then it can sweep with its choice of three moves: electrivires STAB thunder punch,ice punch to kill dragons,or cross chop for tyanitar and bilssey
and finally...
the star of the show!

togekiss@leftovers

ability:serene grace
evs:108 hp/230 sp attack/140 speed
nature:modest
-nasty plot
-air slash
-aura sphere
-shadow ball
so its come to this,the star of the show! this set takes a more offensive apporach to togekiss ,as i ditched roost for shadow ball,but anyway.its bulky enough to nasty plot then sweep,air slash and aura sphere gives togekiss decent netrual coverage but zapdos and the rotoms resist it,thats why shadow ball is here
fun facts about nasty plot togekiss:
-after a nasty plot shadow ball 2HKOs max sp def/min hp zapdos,shadow ball also takes down rotom in one hit
-nasty plot togekiss has the ability to survive rain boosted surfs from ludicold(as im seeing alot of them in my team)and can KO backwith air slash
-heatrans fire blast can 2HKO but while togekiss can ko back with aura sphere
-mamos ice shard cant KO togekiss while it can KO back with a nasty plot boosted aura spheres
-after 2 nasty plots air slash can 2HKO bilssey

so thats it rate/hate/steal!
i would also like to mark this as my 50th post im half way there to 100!

Um... I am not sure if this is an important question or anything but is togekiss fast enough to sweep? It seemed like it was rather average as far as speed goes to me. I know its bulky but still-repeated beatings bring it down don't they? Cuz I'm not sure I've never used a N-plot Togekiss.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
You do not need all of those Special Attack EVs on Salamence. Fire Blast's main use is to kill Skarmory along with various other Steel-types that resist the combination of Outrage and Earthquake such as Bronzong. You can OHKO Skarmory and 2HKO most Bronzong with just 24 Special Attack EVs, meaning that you do not need the amount of Special Attack you are using. Some of those EVs can be put to better use in other stats such as Salamence's Speed stat and Attack stat.

I suggest changing your spread to 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe. The nature and EVs given are for use with Fire Blast. The small Special Attack investment allows Salamence to always OHKO a full health maximum HP, minimum Special Defense Impish Skarmory. I also suggest using a Naive Nature over your current Naughty Nature. The extra Speed helps Salamence tie at best with opposing Salamence in addition to Pokemon such as Max Speed Zapdos before a Dragon Dance and Max Speed Choice Scarf Jirachi after a Dragon Dance. The loss in power is not too much of a concen as after a Dragon Dance, most Pokemon will be 2HKOed by STAB Outrage.

You have two Stealth Rock users in Swampert and Jirachi. Having two Pokemon that can Stealth Rock is highly redundant as both of the Pokemon that you have Stealth Rock on can set it up rather well. If you want to keep Jirachi with SR, take SR of off Swampert and use Waterfall for more STAB and coverage

I suggest you make Electivire a mixed sweeper. Your current set has a hard time getting past sturdy Physical Walls such as Swampert, Hippowdon, Donphan, etc, meaning you'll have a hard time getting a sweep off with Electivire. On the otherhand, Mixed Electivire can take out some of it's usualy counters by using a Special Attacking set. For example, HP Grass deals with Swampert while 2HKOing Donpha and the like. Think about what Pokemon tend to switch-in on Electivire often. Those Pokemon are Hippowdon, Forretress, Donphan, Celebi, Bronzong, etc. All of those Pokemon tend to invest on more Physical Defense than Special Defense. This means that you can hit them harder with your Special Attacks if you make Electivire a mixed sweeper. I suggest using ThunderBolt, Flamethrower, Cross Chop, Hidden Power Ice, 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe, Mild, Expert Belt. Thunderbolt for basic STAB, Cross Chop is for Blissey, Snorlax, and other Pokemon who can take your Special Attacks such as Tyranitar. HP Grass allows you to get rid of Swampert in one hit and Flamethrower is for the likes of Celebi, Bronzong, etc.

haunter

Banned deucer.
In addition to Bloo's excellent suggestions I'd advise to give Jirachi fire punch over u-turn. Since you're going to trick your scarf early in the match, u-turn has little uses (Scarf or Specs Magnezone will trap and kill you anyway if it comes in on the turn you use trick). As it is right now, your Jirachi is a perfect set-up fodder for SD Lucario, and considering that you lack a counter for it (Salamence dies to ES upon the second switch into SR) I'd suggest to have at least a way to revenge kill it, and fire punch is a good way, and also allows you to hit Scizor, and the aforementioned Magnezone (though you'll still lose if it switches in on the first turn).

thanks everybody! ill try these suggestions out
@november:togekiss doesnt really need speed due to the fact that its bulky enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)