Nat Dex Iron Hands

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
:sv/iron hands:
Iron Hands @ Leftovers
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 216 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

National Dex OU isn't ready to catch these hands! Huge all-around bulk and decent longevity with Swords Dance + Drain Punch make Iron Hands a dangerous bulky sweeper. Thunder Punch and Ice Punch mean Iron Hands can hit everything in the tier for neutral damage and most of it for super effective damage. 36 Attack EVs allow +2 Thunder Punch to always OHKO Tapu Lele, with 4 Spe EVs to outpace Chansey and the rest used to maximize its special bulk. While Iron Hands has great base Attack, the low investment means it can struggle to make good progress without Swords Dance, so pivoting support from the likes of Dragapult and Tapu Koko is recommended to give it safe setup windows; the latter also activates Quark Drive and boosts Thunder Punch's damage. Fast attackers like these also help clean up weakened teams after Iron Hands has broken through walls. Iron Hands is often at a crossroads between checking Kingambit and wallbreaking with Swords Dance, so secondary checks to it like physically defensive Landorus-T and Kartana are useful; both of these also limit Low Kick. Pursuit support from Kingambit helps pick off Gholdengo and Dragapult, two common switch-ins to Iron Hands that threaten it out. Tera Water offers a generally useful defensive typing that allows Iron Hands to sponge Ground-, Psychic-, and Fairy-type attacks.

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hai

wish clef sucks i would nuke that entire line, pivot support is more what i would focus on since its lack of recovery is its biggest downfall (alongside slow), mention speed control mons that can clean teams after it breaks, mention a sturdy defensive core as well since it wants to check gambit well but it also wants to sd and break, which means it often cant do the former very well solo. volcarona mention in tera water is weird since it really never wants to switch in and only can threaten it with non stab psychic which off the done probably does like 30 unboosted, and dies to +2 attack. mention that water flips the matchup on ground types and allows it to take hits from (psychic and fairy types) better. i think the hazards line is also kinda bleh, but idm it, however examples imo need to be changed, ferro lando are more apt examples imo. do mention pursuit support asw btw, thats big for it since pult ghold can come in and threaten it out (especially the former)

tag me once your done so i can have a look^^

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
hai

wish clef sucks i would nuke that entire line, pivot support is more what i would focus on since its lack of recovery is its biggest downfall (alongside slow), mention speed control mons that can clean teams after it breaks, mention a sturdy defensive core as well since it wants to check gambit well but it also wants to sd and break, which means it often cant do the former very well solo. volcarona mention in tera water is weird since it really never wants to switch in and only can threaten it with non stab psychic which off the done probably does like 30 unboosted, and dies to +2 attack. mention that water flips the matchup on ground types and allows it to take hits from (psychic and fairy types) better. i think the hazards line is also kinda bleh, but idm it, however examples imo need to be changed, ferro lando are more apt examples imo. do mention pursuit support asw btw, thats big for it since pult ghold can come in and threaten it out (especially the former)

tag me once your done so i can have a look^^
should be implemented, sry for being bad lol

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
OK rereviewed.

i cannot have (and the two other people i have asked) more than one fighting type on a team (it is not aesthetically pleasing) so i would change tusk to like physdef lando and or bulky kartana, can mention low kick on gambit as well.

about the last line u can probably just combine the ground/psychic/fairy part together since they are all the same irt what tera does to them

2/2 when done

also no worries, we all learn!

Sulo

rain of tears
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus
National Dex Leader
GP 1/1
National Dex OU isn't ready to catch these hands! Huge all-around bulk and decent longevity with Swords Dance + Drain Punch make Iron Hands a dangerous bulky sweeper. Thunder Punch and Ice Punch mean Iron Hands can hit everything in the tier for neutral damage (rc) and most of it for super effective damage. 36 Attack Atk EVs allow are necessary for +2 Thunder Punch to always OHKO Tapu Lele, with 4 Speed EVs to outpace Chansey and the rest used to maximize its special bulk. While Iron Hands has great base Attack, the low investment means it can struggle to make good progress without Swords Dance, so pivoting support from the likes of Dragapult and Tapu Koko is recommended to give it safe setup windows; the latter also activates Quark Drive and boosts Thunder Punch's damage. Fast attackers like these also help clean up weakened teams after Iron Hands has broken through walls. Iron Hands is often at a crossroads between checking Kingambit and wallbreaking with Swords Dance, so secondary checks to it like physically defensive Landorus-T and Kartana are useful; both of these also limit Low Kick. Pursuit support from Kingambit helps pick off Gholdengo and Dragapult, two common switch-ins to Iron Hands that threaten it out. Tera Water offers a generally useful defensive typing that allows Iron Hands to more readily this implies to me that it already wants to do that, which soundd kinda risky sponge Ground-, Psychic-, and Fairy-type attacks.
GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)