Indomiable Offense [Ubers]

This is my first RMT in a very long time so I hope you all like it. This is the ubers team that I have been laddering with for the past couple of months and it has been, in my opinion, very successful. I was able to reach a maximum CRE of 1793 and got up to 3rd place on the ladder. I have now gotten a little bit bored of the ubers ladder so I will be taking a break.
Now for the team, it is an entry hazard stacking offensive team which attempts to set up spikes and stealth rock with deoxys-e and keep them around with giratina, then sweep my opponents team with one of my three set-up sweepers.

The Team

Blitz@focus sash
Jolly 252hp 4atk 252spe
-taunt
-stealth rock
-spikes
-extreme speed

Deoxys-e is one of the most, if not the most, reliable leads in the game. He is almost always capable of setting up stealth rock and is usually able to get up at least one layer of spikes as well. I chose extremespeed in the last slot for a couple of reasons, firstly it allows me to allows beat deoxys-a leads that do not invest heavily in HP and defense, secondly it allows me to use a combination of deoxys and scizor against other deoxys-es should I lose the speed tie. The evs are fairly simple, maxed speed is necessary to have a chance against other deoxys-es, max HP goes to greatly improve his survivability, 4 attack is all that is necessary for what I use extreme speed for.

The three leads that give this trouble are scarfed shaymin-s, scarfed darkrai, and other deoxys-e should I lose the speed tie and become taunted. Against shaymin leads I will switch straight to dialga who takes laughable damage from air slash. Against darkrai my playing varies with the mood I'm in and the opponent I'm facing, if I suspect, or know from experience that darkrai is not scarfed I will taunt and then proceed to set up stealth rock, if I suspect that darkrai is scarfed and will trick or dark pulse then I will switch straight to scizor for the u-turn, if I suspect he is scarfed and will dark void, switching to dialga then back to deoxys is my best bet.

Ghost@platinum orb
Mild 136atk 252sp atk 120spe
-dragon pulse
-hidden power fire
-thunder
-shadow sneak

My own variation on the popular mixed giratina, thunder replaced outrage because I needed a reliable way to hit kyogre and giratina is too important to my team for me to risk him being revenge killed early on because he used outrage, thunder also gives me a move to hit steels with in the rain. Then dragon pulse replaces draco meteor because without outrage he needed a reliable sweeping STAB. giratina is valuable to my team because he checks foretress, scizor, kyogre, groudon,latios, deoxys-a and mewtwo, as well as making sure that my entry hazards are not easily removed.

The evs hae been adapted to focus more on special attack as I am not running outrage, 120 speed allows him to outpace slower ubers (ho-oh, groudon, kyogre, and dialga), who run enough to outpace tyranitar.

Robot@choice band
Adamant 248hp 252atk 8spc def
-U-turn
-bullet punch
-superpower
-pursuit

U-turn and bullet punch coupled with a useful set of resistances and only one weakness make scizor an extremely useful utility pokemon. In my opinion he is atleast as good in uber as he is in OU. Scizor's U-turn works well with my theme of entry hazards as my opponent will often switch a pokemon in only to have to switch it out again as I u-turn to a counter. Bullet punch with technician STAB and choice deals quite a bit of damage, allowing scizor to pick off weakened mewtwo, darkrai, rayquaza, latias. latios, and giratina-o. Scizor's priority is useful to the team because it prevents me from being swept by a lot of things if I happen to let them set up.

The evs are fairly standard and provide general bulk and power, though sometimes I do wish that I had a little bit more defense.

Clone@leftovers
Timid 4hp 252spc atk 252spe
-taunt
-calm mind
-auras sphere
-ice beam

Mewtwo is the first of my set up sweepers and one of my favorite pokemon to use, his high speed and good natural make them number of possible revenge killers limited, and taunt allows him to set up on walls like lugia, non-seismic toss blissey and wobuffet. I feel that aura sphere and ice beam provide the best combination as aura sphere is necessary for defeating darkrai after they have taken stealth rock damage and for hitting dialga and giving me a chance against blisseys that run seismic toss, ice beam hits lugia, and more importantly rayquaza for super effective damage, if rayquaza has not used dragon dance mewtwo is usually my best bet for taking him on. What I don't like about this move combination is that it leaves me walled by kyogre and unable to kill scizor without lots of calm minds.

The evs are simple max speed to beat all shaymin-s that don't run scarf and to at worst tie with other nonscarf mewtwo.

Demon@leftovers
Timid 4hp 252spc atk 252spe
-dark void
-nasty plot
-dark pulse
-focus blast

Darkrai is a pokemon that I believe no offensive ubers team should be without. Dark void allows to incapacitate at least one pokemon per game and nasty plot along with excellent sweeping stats and coverage allows it to sweep with the free turns it is given. Leftovers may seem like an odd choice here but they are very useful for me, many attacks like mewtwo's aura sphere, scizor's bullet punch,and palkia's spatial rend will deal high damage to darkrai but do not have the power to take a full health one down. Leftovers allows me to recover the damage the damage that I take from entry hazards and weak attacks that I might switch into so that I can survive the assaults from these attacks. There are times when I feel that substitute would be more useful than focus blast, as the poor accuracy is somewhat off putting, but the thought of being walled everything that resists dark is not a pleasant one.

The evs are again straight forward, speed and special attack have been maxed o allow for maximum sweeping capacity.

Beast@leftovers
Careful 252hp 240spc def 16spe
-bulk up
-rest
-sleep talk
-outrage

Bulk up dialga, this is my MVP, so many teams are unprepared to face him its not even funny. Dialga has many chances to set up, kyogre, palkia, blissey, scizor, and more will fail to damage him quickly enough to stop him from resting back to health. Dialga is my best answer to kyogre, scarfed shaymin-s, non focus blast darkrai, non roar giratina, and many other pokemon. Rest and sleep talk give dialga excellent survivability and make him nearly impervious to status, this makes him excellent against stall, as at full health if a defensive groudon comes in on bulk up he will usually be able to get up enough bilk ups to win out.

The evs are just a slight change from the standard, the hp and special defense make him a great tank on both sides of the spectrum while 16 speed allows me to outrun the slowest variants of groudon, kyogre, ho-oh and other dialga.

Defensive threats

Blissey dialga handles it with no problems

deoxys-d switch to mewtwo and taunt

forretress giratina beats it with hidden power

giratina darkrai can scare it out or set up on it

groudon mewtwo darkrai and giratina can all hit it hard with special stab or super effective moves

ho-oh this thing is annoying, hopeful I have stealth rock on the field so it gets worn down quickly

jirachi this can be a little bit annoying but dialga can set up on it

kyogre dialga usually works well but roar variants are annoying

lugia mewtwo and darkrai own this

mewtwo going to my own mewtwo for the taunt usually works well since defensive mewtwo don't max speed

wobuffet there's not much you can do to counter this guy but most of my team handles him, all he can do is picked off scizor locked into bullet punch

Offensive threats

darkrai let dialga take the sleep then revenge with scizor or mewtwo

deo-f kill it with priority from scizor of giratina

dialga my own dialga does decently, mewtwo and darkrai hit it hard with fighting moves

giratina-o I try to lure hidden power or shadow sneak then switch to darkrai

groudon mewtwo and darkrai can beat it unless its already rock polished, giratina can take a LO dragon claw and hit back

heatran this is really annoying my best bets are fighting moves from darkrai and mewtwo

kingdra
dialga usually does well

kyogre if dialga is alive it is usually a good switch in though full health specs water spout will 2ko, if dialga is dead giratina does decently

latios scizor does well, darkrai mewtwo and giratina can all hit it hard by being faster or using priority

lucario mewtwo can take a +2 LO extreme speed and KO back with aura sphere

manaphy
dialga takes little from its attacks and hits it hard without rage, giratina also does well

metagross dialga can set up on it unless it switched into earthquake, giratina can take it on if its sunny

mewtwo scizor handles variants without a fire move, giratina does a lot with shadow sneak

palkia dialga beats most variants, scarf variants can be a pain after he is taken out though

scizor
U turns are annoying if it switched into mewtwo but otherwise dialga and giratina are good switches

shaymin-s
dialga destroys scarfer and has a good chance against sub seeders with rest

tyranitar
dialga takes it on unless uses earthquake on the switch

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I see a huge Ho-oh weakness as well as a bit of a weakness to Stall. Ho-oh 2HKOes everything you've got, and it can easily come in on Scizor for a free Roost. (Granted, Ho-oh does not get a lot of free switch-ins against your team.) Also, a simple Groudon/SToss Blissey combo, arguably the most common defensive combo in Uber Stall, walls your whole team. Darkrai can break that combo, but you are completely screwed if Toxic Spikes are laid down. I think that changing your Giratina-O to the standard mixed set will help you check Ho-oh more effectively as well as giving you another way of dealing with Stall.

Giratina-o @ Platinum Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk/196 Spd/64 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak

I also think that Scizor should be more defensive to help take attacks from Lati@s a little better. 200 HP/56 Atk/252 SpDef will suffice.

This seems like a good team though, and getting to #3 certainly says a lot.

Why is there a picture of Deoxys-A when in fact the actual Pokemon is Deoxys-E?

Most Deoxys-S leads will actually be only 3HKO'd by ExtremeSpeed, so if you want them beat, I suggest either Signal Beam or Shadow Ball. If you change this, use a Timid Nature.

Giratina-O has 136 Atk EVs, with only Shadow Sneak to use it with. I suggest either getting rid of these unless they get you a certain KO, and give Giratina these EVs in speed or HP. Otherwise, keep them and use Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Pulse. Kyogre is hit much harder, as well as Latias, and numerous others. If you decide to keep the EVs and the moves, use a Timid or Modest nature, as otherwise Shadow Sneak isnt the only thing worth investing in.

CB Scizor is useful at times, but simply cannot switch into too many things without getting absolutely busted. You lack a Wish passer for him, and having no Rapid Spinner, I recommend you use the following set to increase his survivability:

Scizor @ Leftovers - Careful
EVs: 244 HP / 22 Atk / 76 Def / 168 SpD
Ability: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Brick Break / SuperPower

You maintain the ability to U-Turn out, but with more survivability. Now you can easily switch into the numerous unboosted Outrages and Draco Meteors and dent things like Dialga with your Fighting move, or simply U-Turn. Additionally, if Scizor gets stuck on a move while Banded, Wobbuffet can come in and kill him off if he can't U-Turn out. This set can U-Turn out whenever it wants, while providing a decent wall to powerful Dragon attacks and still being able to do some damage.

Your team is Groudon weak due to Dialga's presence as well as Scizor, and if Groudon gets off a Rock Polish, a Life Orb Earthquake WILL OHKO Darkrai if you have taken any damage at all

Groudon vs. Darkrai
399 Atk vs 216 Def & 281 HP (100 Base Power): 259 - 306 (92.17% - 108.90%)
And that is just Jolly.

Rock Polish Groudon often carries Swords Dance to dispose of Bulk Up Dialga, so though after one Curse his EQ will only average about 40%, you are still slightly weak to it.

To make sure this doesn't happen, or any sort of fast sweep, I would recommend slapping a scarf on Darkrai, and placing either Trick or Spacial Rend over Nasty Plot. If you feel inclined, Darkai can use Modest over Timid, as this will give you a 47% of a OHKO on enemy Mewtwo with Dark Pulse.

Otherwise, nice team, it apparently works for you, as personally I can't get the hang of Uber play. xD

Edit: Lastly, you should ask a mod to change the name to "Indominable Offense", since I think that was what you intended.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Why is there a picture of Deoxys-A when in fact the actual Pokemon is Deoxys-E?

Most Deoxys-S leads will actually be only 3HKO'd by ExtremeSpeed, so if you want them beat, I suggest either Signal Beam or Shadow Ball. If you change this, use a Timid Nature.

Giratina-O has 136 Atk EVs, with only Shadow Sneak to use it with. I suggest either getting rid of these unless they get you a certain KO, and give Giratina these EVs in speed or HP. Otherwise, keep them and use Outrage or Dragon Claw over Dragon Pulse. Kyogre is hit much harder, as well as Latias, and numerous others. If you decide to keep the EVs and the moves, use a Timid or Modest nature, as otherwise Shadow Sneak isnt the only thing worth investing in.

CB Scizor is useful at times, but simply cannot switch into too many things without getting absolutely busted. You lack a Wish passer for him, and having no Rapid Spinner, I recommend you use the following set to increase his survivability:

Scizor @ Leftovers - Careful
EVs: 244 HP / 22 Atk / 76 Def / 168 SpD
Ability: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-Turn
- Brick Break / SuperPower

You maintain the ability to U-Turn out, but with more survivability. Now you can easily switch into the numerous unboosted Outrages and Draco Meteors and dent things like Dialga with your Fighting move, or simply U-Turn. Additionally, if Scizor gets stuck on a move while Banded, Wobbuffet can come in and kill him off if he can't U-Turn out. This set can U-Turn out whenever it wants, while providing a decent wall to powerful Dragon attacks and still being able to do some damage.

Your team is Groudon weak due to Dialga's presence as well as Scizor, and if Groudon gets off a Rock Polish, a Life Orb Earthquake WILL OHKO Darkrai if you have taken any damage at all

Groudon vs. Darkrai

And that is just Jolly.

Rock Polish Groudon often carries Swords Dance to dispose of Bulk Up Dialga, so though after one Curse his EQ will only average about 40%, you are still slightly weak to it.

To make sure this doesn't happen, or any sort of fast sweep, I would recommend slapping a scarf on Darkrai, and placing either Trick or Spacial Rend over Nasty Plot. If you feel inclined, Darkai can use Modest over Timid, as this will give you a 47% of a OHKO on enemy Mewtwo with Dark Pulse.

Otherwise, nice team, it apparently works for you, as personally I can't get the hang of Uber play. xD
Most RP Groudon I see are the 3 Attack variant, and the Giratina-O set I posted CAN stop it. However, it is a problem.

@Lati0s: RestTalkCM Kyogre over Dialga would fix your RP Groudon weak, as well as help you beat Darkrai, but then you become a little weaker to Kyogre...maybe you could try Mixed Palkia over Mewtwo...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)