Indian Clichés

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

As part of an exchange program, a few months ago I went to germany for a month. Now, as one of the people who went there, I have to host one of the Germans who come here (Bangalore) for a month. And while some of the more proactive members of our exchange group have already made a list of about 75 hyper-modern things to do when they get here, I feel they should have a balanced trip to India. As such, I want to show them the most cliched India possible. So, I need you guys to think up a list of Cliches, Stereotypes, and misconceptions about India for me to brain wash them with.

So yeah, stuff like Riding Elephants to school and having more cell phones than toilets is exactly what I'm looking for.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tell them that the British still rule India really, and teach them that the term of respect towards Brits is "wanker".

Tech support.
This is my favorite idea. "Did you know that 75% of the students who live in this city eventually work in tech support for international businesses?"

wait what? i do wonder what tomahawks are though, if someone could tell me that would be great
noun
1. a light ax used by the North American Indians as a weapon and tool.
2. any of various similar weapons or implements.
3. (in Australia) a stone hatchet used by the Aborigines.
verb (used with object)
4. to attack, wound, or kill with or as if with a tomahawk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)