In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

-kal-

hi guys
is a Contributor Alumnus
I didn't really know benja but he seemed like a nice person and i would have loved to get to know him more. I feel deeply saddened to hear the news. My condolences goes out to his friends and families.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
This is sad news, despite never knowing this young man. To see the Smog family come together like this in respect of a fellow member is awe-inspiring. My deepest sympathies and empathies go out to all the close friends and family members. Death of a loved one is never an easy pill to swallow, but time can make the wound less painful.

RIP

I never got a chance to meet him, but I very much regret not coming to the Doubles room sooner to see him. From what i've heard, he was an amazing friend, person and battler and my biggest regret on this site will be not meeting him. Rest In Peace. Your battle is over, but is not forgotten.

So, I just stumbled across this today, and when I read it I could not believe it. I have never been playing Doubles OU or talked to Benja, but here on Smogon we are a big family. And a loss in the family is always something that hurts, and my condolences go to everyone who knew him, through real life or Smogon. RIP, may you never be forgotten.

I ma not have known Benja but reading this is giving me a feelz moment right now. I would have love to seen him play with a friend of mine and everyone else who knows him. Condolences to his friends and family. Reading everything about him, he's an awesome guy, you'll be remembered.

Wow, I didn't find out about this until now. It is really hard to hear and I feel angry and sad at the same time..

I've known Benja ever since he joined the Doubles room about a year ago. We were really good buddies and I helped tutor him early when he first started. He was a really funny guy, and the guy who pioneered the famous "eZ" catchphrase. Eventually he grew to become a really solid Doubles player, with amazing and creative sets no one really thought of using. But Pokemon aside, Benja was a really enjoyable person to be around and made the community lively and fun. It's just hard, you know? You never know what someone is going through and next thing you know they're gone... I think what we can all learn from this is if someone is going through a trial or has any remote signs of suicide, you have to always be there for them and don't leave them alone no matter what they say. Because being alone is very dangerous and as a friend you have to be by their side through their difficulties. I've had a few friends who have a contemplated suicide and it has scared me with the through of them not being on this Earth. I never wanted anyone to think like that again, but this has really pained me. Benja, you will be missed, and all my prayers go out to his friends and family.

Let's change this world and let everyone know that they're worth a lot in the eyes of many people. I do not want anyone to think they feel worthless and feel that they need to take their lives for people to notice them. RIP Benja #HonorRoll

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just saw this after messing around in DOU. Didn't know him, but everyone has had nothing but the nicest things to say about him. Rest in peace, Benja.

Depression, suicidal thoughts, whatever you want to call it. That's a dark place to be. I've been there, and I'm sure a few other people have too, whether they'll say so or not. Just know that if you're feeling lonely, afraid, scared etc, you have a community online of people who care about you called Smogon University. Personally, if you are ever in a place like this, don't be afraid to PM me, a friend of yours, someone on staff, anyone. Just get to talking. Suicide is a long term solution to a short term problem and I pray I never have to hear about something like this again on Smogon.

You've clearly impacted many people, Benja. You will be greatly missed by all of them. Prayers for his loved ones through this tragic time.

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I didn't know who Benja was but suicide is quite serious
Rest in Peace Benja... Rest in Peace

I've been inactive awhile so I didn't see this till now..... I'm at a loss for words. Benja was the first person I talked to in the Doubles PS chat and really was the person who helped me get started in the tier. RIP dude. We had some great battles and you were always nice to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)