I don't like VGC rules

Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
Who can set up Stealth Rock to help me to kill Thundurus, Volcarona, and Tornadus, can paralyze my opponent's sweeper, and sweep a little? Ferrothorn! To gain HP with Leech Seed is not so helpful, but its damages breaks Focus Sash and Sturdy, and LODC Haxorus is DEAD, because for each turn is hit by two Iron Barbs, by two Rocky Helmet, , by its own Life Orb, and by Leech Seed. With Thunder Wave i can't use Gyro Ball, but the first is better!! If my enemy (Volcarona, Thundurus, Serperior, or a scarfed, or whatever) is paralyzed, and if there isn't a beller (VGC11 bellers exist?) it will be stuck

Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
I hate Thundurus. It sucks ass. Really, i hate it. But i must use it. I don't want to talk about him, I HATE THUNDURUS

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
Chandelure on VGC is so PR0 that all teams should have one. Will-O-Wisp means physical sweepers are completely unuseful, and that's very helpful because Ferrothorn and Braviary don't like to take phisical damage. Fire Blast is the main STAB (much better than Heat Wave), Shadow Ball is the other STAB and for the omnipresent Jellicent. HP Ice / Ground over Energy Ball may be good. Also the spread should be changed. Sitrus Berry makes no sense, but is the best item i can use thanks to the fucking Item Clause.
Advice for Nintendo or whoever for VGC13: DO NOT USE ITEM CLAUSE

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 64 HP / 236 SAtk / 208 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
I need someone with Blizzard, with a powerful STAB, with a move to hit hard Steel- and Fire-type... who can i use? Kyurem! Spread seems random, while Protect is to protect (OBV) Kyurem against Heat Wave and Blizzard

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash
Who has a decent bulkyness, has a good STAB coverage and a boosting move? Crustle. Earthquake against Steel-types, Stone Edge and not Rock Slide because is much better. Spread is normal, standard for a phisical sweeper

Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crush Claw
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
Now a Swellow shouldbe great, but unfortunately i can't use it... Let's try Braviary. Thanks to Lum Berry, Thunder Wave abuser are pwned. Crush Claw and Brave Bird are amazing STABs, Rock Slide to kill the fucking Thundurus and Volcarona, U-Turn to scout. First two moves are boosted by Sheer Force, so i can try Life Orb, but i think is better on Thundurus

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
First off, what tier is this for? VGC 2011 or 2012?

In addition, Kyurem is illegal

I'll edit this post once you say what it is

You know if you hate Thunderus, you don't have to use him, right?

And also, Doubles is very, very different from singles, a main point being that there is much less switching, and as such SR is pretty much a waste of a moveset. Also, while it isn't worthless, Ferrothorn isn't considered as useful in singles as it is in doubles.

Chandelure could use Heat Wave much more than Fire blast, if the time comes when you might have to possibly take out both opponent pokemon at once, heat Wave does a much better job than Fire blast, while only doing a little less damage, anyway, Heat Wave is the more preferred move.

Now I don't really know how much a shell smash increases speed, but I think Crustles terrible speed still won't be at a good enough level to outspeed everything it needs to.

If you must use Thunderus, replace Thunder for Thunderbolt/Discharge and drop Focus Blast for Taunt. Trust me, Tailwind/Trick room were both extremely overused in VGC, and they were all used on turn 1/as early as possible. a priority taunt can and will put the odds in your favor.

Other basic things to include are Protect/Wide Guard, better item(s) on chandelure at least, a replacement for Kyurem, some spread moves, etc...

In all seriousness, this honestly just looks like a singles team that all you did was change items around to fit nintendo's ruleset.

Infinity.Cypher

VGCPL Champion
Okay, I'm going to take a guess and say that this team is VGC 2011.

Ferrothorn
IMO, Stealth Rocks is a no-no. This because in VGC 2011, there aren't as much switching as in singles. Because of so, I would recommend not using Stealth Rocks. As a replacement, I would recommend Protect, because Protect would allow Ferrothorn to scout for moves that your opponent might use in order to KO Ferrothorn (e.g. Heat Wave Chandelure), as well as allowing your partner pokemon to KO the threatening pokemon.

Other than that, your Ferrothorn has decent moves, with enough bulk to T-Wave (except against Fire or Fighting types) or use Leech Seed against Bulky pokemon. Be careful of Taunt users (e.g. Tornadus and Thunderus)!

Thundurus
Your Thundurus set is pretty much the average VGC Thundurus set. The only difference is that it's running Focus Blast. There is really nothing to hit with Focus Blast with, besides using its extra power for a chance to miss. I recommend Protect or Substitute over Focus Blast, which will allow Thundurus to scout your opponents move. Protect will prevent all attacks from affecting Thundurus, but is luck-based after 1 use, and Substitute can be used multiple times in a row, but once the sub is destroyed, Thundurus is open to attacks.

Chandelure
Chandelure should have Heat Wave over Fire Blast. Heat Wave has the ability to hit both opponents, while Fire Blast only hits one. Even though the power of Fire Blast seems strong, Heat Wave is more useful due to the fact it can hit both opponent, and KO both opponents.
Will-o-Wisp should be changed to Protect, Trick Room, or another move. Will-o-Wisp isn't that useful because most Physical Attacks, such as Terrakion's Rock Slide can KO Chandelure, and Chandelure isn't the fastest user of Will-o-Wisp. Protect allows Chandelure to scout moves, Trick Room is used to counter opposing Trick Room, and another attack move can be used, along with Choice Scarf to make Chandelure a speedy sweeper. Also, try Focus Sash over Sitrus Berry

I suggest Heat Wave over Fire Blast and Rock Slide over Stone Edge because their ability to hit both opponents at once is invaluable, especially since Protect is so common!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)