Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I wouldn't ever use this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahh mate, I prefer stall

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Quick look at the team:

More in depth:
Usually I do not run hyper offense but not too long ago a hype started about these hyper offensive teams. I used to run balanced teams or 4 offensive and a good defensive duo.
So this probably isn't the best hyper offense team out there but I sure do well with it.

First off when you are building an hyper offensive team you want something with incredible speed and power. Mega-aerodactyl with base 150 speed outspeeds anything in the tier that isn't choice scarfed and it speed ties with Mega-alakazam. That is not all because Aerodactyl get great coverage moves as well.
I use this pokémon as a late game sweeper and sometimes just to put holes into an opponents team. If you do not feel like aqua tail is a necessity you can always use hone claws for extra power and accuracy or taunt to do well against things that will try to set up or stall you out.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail / Hone claws / taunt

Since aerodactyl isn't used as a stealth rock user we needed something on an hyper offensive team that can set-up stealth rocks and will definetely get them up. I decided to go with Nidoqueen because nidoqueen gets good coverage and is bulkier than Nidoking. with a bit of HP investment it can take a lot of hits from a lot of pokémon and with the 252EVs in SpA and a modest nature Nidoqueen can get of a good hit on almost anything.
I mostly use Nidoqueen as my lead.

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Now we've had speed, and a stealth rocker. What I wanted t add to this team is something that can keep momentum and can also be used as a late game sweeper. Scarfed Hydreigon outspeeds +1 haxorus and is able to get off massive hits with its dual stab. U-turn is there for momentum and iron tail is there because otherwise this thing would get walled by Florges or aromatisse. Now it does get kinda walled by lucario but Lucario is a very frail pokémon and not many people switch it in and there's always the possibility of Super Power. If you think Superpower if going to be more useful than Iron Tail be my guest.
I use this thing as a pivot switch and as a fast heavy hitter. This is my revenge killer and also gives me opportunity to keep momentum, which is what you want when playing hyper offensive.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Iron Tail / superpower

We've had a lot of speed and power but the danger with hyper offense is that it might be very weak to sticky web and other hazards. So I need something to get rid of the entry hazards. Custom bulky Crobat can easily get rid of any hazards and/or screens on the field. The speed investment brings it to 329 and allows it to outspeed every pokémon with a 100 basespeed with 252EV and a +speed nature. You also want to keep Crobat alive when the opponent has a Mienshao. This team is pretty weak to Scarf Mienshao but if you keep Crobat alive Mienshao cannot harm you in any way. You have to be carfeful with stone edge though as it takes well over 75% from a stone edge.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 104 HP / 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 200 Spe
Serious Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

As you might realize my team is very fast but has got no priority at all and my team struggles with Umbreon. So I decided to bring Life Orb infernape. I prefer Life Orb infernape as most people think it is choiced in a way when they see the team preview. However Infernape gets great STAB-moves and is also able to keep momentum. 2 moves with base 120 power is nothing to mess with.
Infernape was basically an addition to the team. No particular purpose but very useful nevertheless. It's high speed and powerful movepool make it a very strong addition to this team.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch / grass knot

Last pokémon on my team is choice specs Raikou. Once more, hyper offense is all about momentum. Raikou does force a lot of switches in the tier and with 115 Base Speed it outspeeds the majority of the pokémon. I went with specs because Raikou can do serious damage and also keep momentum with specs volt switch. Extrasensory if mainly for coverage and has a chance to flinch. I use hidden power grass but find myself hardly ever using it and this team does struggle a bit with Flygon so you could switch that up with hidden power ice. Raikou is a solid counter to Jirachi as it cannot get paralyzed, resists the iron head and is a lot faster than non-scarf Jirachi.
You can also go with a bulkier variant as Raikou does get base 100 special defense which means you have one more switch in for Scarf Hydreigon.

Raikou @ Choice Specs / assault vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden power [Ice]

Last edited:
Hey, your team looks pretty nice on paper, but there a fair amount of suggestions that can be made.

First, I would change Iron Tail / Superpower on Hydreigon to Fire Blast. Both moves are pretty bad to be locked into, and unlike the LO set that they're commonly used on, they don't do a lot of damage, even to the Pokemon that they're trying to lure in (Fairy-types and Blissey respectively). Fire Blast gives you a good option to lure in and smack the likes of Lucario, Cobalion, and other Steel-types, offering better coverage and an arguably better move to be locked into.

Next, I would definitely change your Crobat's spread; a physically defensive one usually doesn't do much for it, as most times the physical hits it is meant to be taking will do little to nothing anyway. Another problem with your current spread is that you get outsped by the likes of Pokemon such as the aformentioned Mienshao (provided its not Scarfed), Starmie, Alakazam, and Noivern. With a spread of 128 HP / 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe, you outspeed the likes of Noivern, while still retaining a good amount of bulk (enough to tank Scarf Hydrei's Draco, iirc).

Next, I would change your Infernape to Lucario, as you lack anything that resists Dragon, and you also lack a proper win condition. With SD Lucario, you can tank at least one Draco Meteor from Hydrei if needed, and also have the capacity to sweep more offensive teams with ease, especially when weakened.

Hope I helped, I'll edit in an importable later!

Hi Socrates101, your team is pretty well built for hyper offense and has most of the elements that offensive teams should. A couple suggestions I have for you:

First, your missing a lot of EVs on your Crobat. (I'm sure this was a mistake). In as offensive of a metagame as we have right now, I'd suggest investing a lot in offense so that you can hit things a lot harder. For example without any offensive investment, things like Lucario are able to set up pretty easily. Id recommend a spread of 104HP/200Atk/4SDef/200Spe. The given speed allows you to outpace Noivern and everything slower. And even with this much lower defensive investment, you'll still be able to check the Mienshaos and Infernapes that you need to.

Another change I recommend is to change your Aerodactyl set to Hone Claws/Roost with two coverage moves of your choice. This will give you a lot more longetivity and allow you to set up really effectively against opposing Florges and the like. I like Aqua Tail and Stone Edge but Aerial Ace can be used too, it's all up to you. These are probably the only three attacks I'd run on Hone Claws Aerodactyl. Also change Aerodactyl to Adamant because it already outspeeds literally everything after mega evolving even with an Adamant nature.

Finally, an all out attacking Life Orb set on infernape is simply not optimal especially since it has access to so many great boosting moves. You should instead run Nasty Plot Mix Ape or Swords Dance Infernape. Both sets have Close Combat, so you'll still have an answer to Umbreon like you wanted. I'll post importables to both sets below in a little bit.

Edit: sniped by Bouff. I think infernape->Lucario could be a good change because it deters scarf hydreigon from going through your team. I agree with his suggestions but his Crobat spread only outspeeds Alakazam not Noivern :]

Importables:
Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot

The EVs on the second set ensure that you get the OHKO on Umbreon with Close Combat.

Last edited:
So, I have changed the crobat set and I am going to try the Lucario later on tonight.
What moves would you suggets running on the Lucario?
So far I've got SD, CC and E-speed
What move should I pick as my fourth?

So, I have changed the crobat set and I am going to try the Lucario later on tonight.
What moves would you suggets running on the Lucario?
So far I've got SD, CC and E-speed
What move should I pick as my fourth?
Replace XSpeed with Bullet Punch and add Earthquake as your 4th move, the BP allows you to lure in MegaDactyl and Florges, while EQ is for the Nidos, Chandy and MegaAmphy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)