ORAS OU How's my team?

Hello everyone, I'm SmashCat9000. I have been using Smogon for about 2 years but just now have I decided to make an account. Need an expert opinion on my team because i'm getting mixed results with it. Feel free to tell me I need to completely change the Pokemon as this is not an issue. Thanks!

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

I chose Landorus-T because I needed a solid lead for my team that could set up Stealth Rock and also be an offensive threat. I had mine pack Stealth Rock to cripple my opponents Flying and Ice Pokemon, two big threats to my team. It has Earthquake as its primary STAB and for overall reliability. It has stone edge to hit Pokemon the resist or are immune to Earthquake. Finally, U-turn for escaping Ice types and dealing damage on the way out.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

I'm running this Blastoise mainly for its ultra useful Rapid Spin and coverage moves. I use Rapid Spin for obvious reasons, and Water Pulse is used because of its Mega Launcher boost and the nifty chance of confusion. Dark Pulse is for Pokemon that resist Water Pulse, and helps defeat Psychic and Ghost Pokemon. Ice Beam is used to destroy Dragon and Flying types.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Alakazam is my team's fast special attacker, and late game cleaner. Psychic is a reliable STAB move that is used to hit Poison and Fighting types or whenever all of my other moves hit neutrally. Focus Blast is for coverage against Dark and Steel types. Shadow Ball is to hit most Ghost types that otherwise destroy Alakazam. Substitute is used when a set up or status move is predicted to allow Alakazam to live more than one hit.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
0 Speed IVS

Ferrothorn is my defensive wall which was picked for its great number of resistances. Spikes is ran to add on to Landorus-T's Stealth Rock to increase switch in damage. Leech Seed helps stall out the opponent and help Ferrothorn keep his health up. Gyro Ball is Ferrothorns STAB attacking move, and is run with 0 speed IVs for max damage. Protect is to help get more Leftovers and Leech Seed health.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Hoopa is used as my revenge killer and has a Choice Scarf to outspeed most non banded Pokemon. Hyperspace Fury is his main revenge killing move, and the defense drop does not matter because of he will be switching out often. Psychic is used to revenge kill fast Poison and Fighting type. Gunk Shot is used mainly to take out weakened Fairy types. And Drain Punch is used to revenge kill Ice, Rock, and Dark types while restoring some HP.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Conkelurr is used as my Physical tank usually takes out most defensively weak pokemon with its great coverage. Drain Punch is his main STAB move, dealing lots of damage while keeping his HP high. Mach Punch is used to finish off weakened pokemon that are faster than Conkeldurr. Ice is to take out Dragon, Flying and Grass Pokemon, while Poison jab is run solely to take out Fairy types.

Wassup SmashCat9000 here's a suggestion from a flaw i immediately noticed from one look at your team

You kinda get ate up by Latios, especially with HP Fire. Sure Ferro can somewhat switch into it unless your opp hard predicts it with HP fire and boom Ferro is gone. I would throw in SpDef Klefki over Ferrothorn. Klefki can reliably switch in vs Draco Meteor and Psyshock and can tank more than a few HP Fires. Plus Klefki also helps on getting up spikes as well as spreading status such as Toxic and Thunder Wave.

Here's the set.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise / Toxic
- Play Rough

Hopefully this helps, and have fun with your team. :)

pressed for time at the moment but i'll help as much as i can, sorry if this rate is short / not very good

on stoise i would recommend scald > water pulse, even though water pulse does more, scald has that handy chance of burning and you're running the bulky set anyways, so it'll help. if you're keen on keeping power, then run hydro pump > water pulse, i just think that water pulse is pretty redundant on stoise given that you have the options of scald and hydro. i would also consider running aura sphere > dark pulse, however this change is not mandatory and dark pulse should be okay, but i'd try aura sphere out.

i'm not sure about running sub on alakazam, although it might work. zam isn't really bulky, so maybe try a different move instead of it, such as encore or energy ball > substitute sounds okay for zam. eball lets you hit rotom-w, which your team does not really like at the moment.

i agree with -altercation-'s suggestion about replacing ferrothorn with klef, as your team is rather bulky it can slow things down for your other mons as well as lay up hazards like ferro.

as i said i'm pressed for time right now, so i'll leave my rate here. if i have time later today i'll come back and edit this post if i can. hope i helped you! :toast:

pressed for time at the moment but i'll help as much as i can, sorry if this rate is short / not very good

on stoise i would recommend scald > water pulse, even though water pulse does more, scald has that handy chance of burning and you're running the bulky set anyways, so it'll help. if you're keen on keeping power, then run hydro pump > water pulse, i just think that water pulse is pretty redundant on stoise given that you have the options of scald and hydro. i would also consider running aura sphere > dark pulse, however this change is not mandatory and dark pulse should be okay, but i'd try aura sphere out.

i'm not sure about running sub on alakazam, although it might work. zam isn't really bulky, so maybe try a different move instead of it, such as encore or energy ball > substitute sounds okay for zam. eball lets you hit rotom-w, which your team does not really like at the moment.

i agree with -altercation-'s suggestion about replacing ferrothorn with klef, as your team is rather bulky it can slow things down for your other mons as well as lay up hazards like ferro.

as i said i'm pressed for time right now, so i'll leave my rate here. if i have time later today i'll come back and edit this post if i can. hope i helped you! :toast:
I replaced my Alakazam's Substitute with Energy Ball, which was a great call by you. I'm not sure if Scald is good on my Blastoise, as the the power drop is a real bummer for me. Also I'm not sure about Hydro Pump because of the unreliability. Feel free to continue your critique!

I replaced my Alakazam's Substitute with Energy Ball, which was a great call by you. I'm not sure if Scald is good on my Blastoise, as the the power drop is a real bummer for me. Also I'm not sure about Hydro Pump because of the unreliability. Feel free to continue your critique!
As I said your Blastoise is a bulky build, and the residual damage from scald burns would help more than water pulse in my opinion (30% chance of burning is actually pretty great). It's only 10 BP lol, and Hydro has 20 more BP than boosted water pulse and hits much harder, and despite its inaccuracy, its still used quite often. However the final decision is still up to you, I'm only offering my advice.

As I said your Blastoise is a bulky build, and the residual damage from scald burns would help more than water pulse in my opinion (30% chance of burning is actually pretty great). It's only 10 BP lol, and Hydro has 20 more BP than boosted water pulse and hits much harder, and despite its inaccuracy, its still used quite often. However the final decision is still up to you, I'm only offering my advice.
I'm going to give Hydro Pump a chance. Anything else you see that I should change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)