Move Hold Hands, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 new pokemon moves were discovered by hackers in Pokemon X and Y earlier today! They also discovered Hoopa's ability (Magician), Volcanion's ability (Water Absorb), and their base stats! 80/110/60/150/130/70 for Hoopa and 80/110/120/130/90/70 for Volcanion.

The moves are;

Helping Hand
Normal Type
Special
Power:_
Accuracy:_
PP: 40
The user and an ally hold hands. This makes them very happy.

This move appears completely useless competitively.

Uhhhh Helping hand has been around since gen 3, not kidding. It's also one of THE BEST doubles moves in the metagame, due to stupid high priority(+7 or something stupid like that) and the decent variety of defensive mons that get it. It doubles the BP of the receiving mon's attack btw, which is totally devastating and is nigh unblockable.

If Hold Hands says it makes them very happy will a pokemon get more happiness when you use it. Would be pretty interesting if it did and could help evolve happiness evolutions in double battles.

Getting rid of random ground immunities makes you realize just how many types Thousand Arrows gets great coverage with, since immunities are usually the reason ground doesn't make great 2 move coverage. But pairing Thousand Arrows with some types works great (pokemon you might care about in bold):

Flying: Yep, perfect coverage.

Fire: Also perfect coverage.

Fairy: Everything except Shedinja

Rock: Breloom, Virizion, Chesnaught, Torterra

Ice: Shedinja, Surskit

Dragon: Shedinja and Whimsicott

Normal: Shedinja, Trevenant, and Gourgeist

Poison: Shedinja, Nincada, Wormadam-Ground

Ghost: Shiftry, Cacturne, Sawsbuck

Dark: Shiftry, Cacturne, Whimsicott, Heracross, Verizion, Breloom, Chesnaught

Psychic: Shedinja, Shiftry, Cacturne, Exeggutor, Celebi

Steel: Shedinja, Surskit, Ludicolo

Bug: Shedinja, Heracross, Mega Pinsir, all the other shitty bug-flying types (Butterfree, Scyther, Ledian, Yanmega, Beautifly, Masquerain, Ninjask, Mothim, Vespiquen, Vivillion)

So pretty much any pokemon could use Thousand Arrows well, since there are only a couple relevant resists when paired with 13 of the other 17 types. If Zygarde gets it like people are speculating here, it can run a scary Coil set with Thousand Arrows and Extreme speed, getting near perfect coverage, and a way to bust through both walls and fast frail attackers.

Uhhhh Helping hand has been around since gen 3, not kidding. It's also one of THE BEST doubles moves in the metagame, due to stupid high priority(+7 or something stupid like that) and the decent variety of defensive mons that get it. It doubles the BP of the receiving mon's attack btw, which is totally devastating and is nigh unblockable.
He means Hold Hands, not Helping Hand.

It's completely useless. This is singles. It's also not "THE BEST" move in doubles. That goes to Splash.

I would imagine that for thousand arrows to be balanced, the pokemon that gets knocked to the ground are immune to the damage element for the first turn at least. Thats also how I interpreted the move description, can anyone confirm whether it deals damage to flying types for the first turn?

Caught that mistake, the OP has been edited.

I'm looking at these stats, and a few things stand out big time.

1. HOLY 150 BASE SPA BATMAN! Seriously, I figured that hoopa was just going to be a slightly more offensive carbink, but now it's looking more like a wallbreaker of some sort. It's defensive stats are actually pretty crummy, so there is literally no reason to run a bulky set. I could see a focus sash anti-lead set for Hoopa tho. Take the hit, activate sash, steal the enemy's item while at the same time OHKOing him with that stupid base SPA. I swear, if this thing doesn't get a spattack, something bad will happen.

2. Volc seems to be a viable tank. He has really nice defensive typing with water immunity, quad fire res, fairy res, look out azumaril, your hard counter has arrived! 80/120/90 are not bad stats one tiny bit.

3. Super scald is gonna hurt a lot with that 130 base SPA.

I'm looking at these stats, and a few things stand out big time.

1. HOLY 150 BASE SPA BATMAN! Seriously, I figured that hoopa was just going to be a slightly more offensive carbink, but now it's looking more like a wallbreaker of some sort. It's defensive stats are actually pretty crummy, so there is literally no reason to run a bulky set. I could see a focus sash anti-lead set for Hoopa tho. Take the hit, activate sash, steal the enemy's item while at the same time OHKOing him with that stupid base SPA. I swear, if this thing doesn't get a spattack, something bad will happen.
could be a good counter to the typical Greninja lead. take the hit and steal his sash allowing easy OHKO later on

Well I thought Keldeo becomes Keldeo-R with secret sword? So its not unheard of to have a pokemon change form with a special move
Yeah that's definitely a possibility, but I was thinking that the move Land's Wrath itself would somehow evolve when a certain event is triggered, and the player might have the option of choosing between the two newly discovered moves.

I just had this amazing idea for a smeargle moveset:

Smeargle @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Happy Hour
- Celebrate
- Splash
- Hold Hands

The idea of this set is to make sure you almost never run out of pp, even outstalling pressure abusers. The specialized EVs are to life a banded blissey's body slam, while still being able to do some damage. Technician is to maximize damage output, because all of these moves have base powers below 60.
Hold Hands gives you the ability to become friends so they won't hurt you. Once you become friends, use happy hour to initiate the happy times. Celebrate during the hour. By the end of the hour, splash and suppress all their pp. Reject them, and when they struggle to talk to you anymore, they will slowly wither and die. Rinse and Repeat for the next 6 pokemon.

On the topic of thousand moves: last gen kyurem was the middle man while reshiram and zekrom got all the bans. Then GF gave kyurem two new forms, and kurem-black got freeze shock as an exclusive move while kyurem-white got ice burn. It's pretty obvious that zygarde is the middle man this gen, and with the two new moves revealed, we can definitely expect to see two new zygarde forms, complete with each move. Thousand arrows seems a bit more broken though, being able to hit every type neutrally or super effectively besides grass.

Hold Hands should allow the user to make friends with the opponent Pokemon adding them to your team. This needs to be what it does so I can have an excuse for running it on Volcanion.

Thosand Arrows sonds unbelievably scary to say the least, I'm not sure how we'll be able to deal with that if Zygarde indeed gets it. Thousand Waves is interesting too, but sounds outclassed by the former, the only use I assume will see is if something gets it and not TA, and I don't even have to say that isn't very likely to happen lol, unless distinct form changes for Zyg a la Kyurem I guess. And those sound much more fun than Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the Freeze Shock and Ice Burn of this generation.

- Exist in the first games, but aren't obtainable
- Metronome Blocked
- Not call-able by Hotel Richissime's Room Service Random-name-of-the-move-drawing thing.
- Possibly Thousand Arrows is the one which has something to do with the form of Zygarde which is connected to Yveltal. Seeing as how it shuts down Yveltal's flying typing. And Thousand Waves uh... if it works after Zygarde switches out that means it sorta shuts down Geomancy... sorta.

And yes, Land's Wrath will MOST LIKELY become either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows, seeing as it already happened with Kyurem. If normal Kyurem knows Glaciate and changes into Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W it will be replaced with Freeze Shock or Ice Burn, respectively.

Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are the Freeze Shock and Ice Burn of this generation.

- Exist in the first games, but aren't obtainable
- Metronome Blocked
- Not call-able by Hotel Richissime's Room Service Random-name-of-the-move-drawing thing.
- Possibly Thousand Arrows is the one which has something to do with the form of Zygarde which is connected to Yveltal. Seeing as how it shuts down Yveltal's flying typing. And Thousand Waves uh... if it works after Zygarde switches out that means it sorta shuts down Geomancy... sorta.

And yes, Land's Wrath will MOST LIKELY become either Thousand Waves or Thousand Arrows, seeing as it already happened with Kyurem. If normal Kyurem knows Glaciate and changes into Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W it will be replaced with Freeze Shock or Ice Burn, respectively.
Except they are thousand times better :P Pun intended

im so exited now because zygarde is my favorite gen 6 mon, even without a new form it will at least make zygarde a threat in OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)