SV OU Hi! I'm new to OU and would like your help with the team.

Bugs Bunny (Cinderace) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Libero
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Pyro Ball
- Baton Pass

Lemon (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Trailblaze

Karen (Glimmora) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Corrosion
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Belle (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stored Power

Sus (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Sushi (Dondozo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Body Press
- Body Slam

For Cinderace, i chose it cuz' its one of my fav mons, it has good stats and Libero is a great ability.
EV spreads make it both fast and able to dish out damage.
Strat is to swords dance until your berry pops, then hopefully sweep w/ powered up Acrobatics and Pyro ball.
And I just realized Baton Pass is prob banned, so if you could help me w/ the 4th move, that would be great.

I chose Azumarill cuz i think its good w/ Huge Power and Belly Drum.
EV spreads make it bulky and able to dish out damage.
Belly Drum for setting up, Play Rough for STAB, Aqua Jet for STAB and priority (Azumarill is quite slow) and Trailblaze for coverage and also i thought i could make its Speed stat better, but prob not.

Glimmora was chosen cuz i heard its good against taunt, EVs make it quite powerful and fast.
I gave it R. Helmet cuz i had no idea what item to give it to be honest.
Mortal spin is to get rid of hazards, toxic spikes are to set up hazadrs, sludge wave and earth power for stab.

Hatterem (or whatever it's spelled like) is my setter-upper for screens, w/ Magic Bounce so the opponent can't set up.
EVs make it bulky, but also able to sweep w/ Calm Mind Stored Power. Screens are self-explanatory.

Amoonguss was chosen cuz... idk, i wanted a grass type and it seemed ok.
EV's are purely bulk this time. Toxic and Synthesis are for stall, sludge bomb and G Drain for STAB.

And last but not least, Dondozo. I honestly forgot i had Azumarill, so i thought i needed a Water type.
Like my other Water type, its bulky but also has offensive potential.
Waterfall is for strong STAB, the other moves for potential strong super-effective or neutral hits.
I think i should replace one of my water types with a type i do not have (electric, psychic, dark, fighting to name a few)

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon

What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it

What are all 4 moves for

Hi welcome to Smogon! Have fun!

Your team is somewhat unconventional but I can understand your thought process behind each set. I will list off some stuff that is wrong with each set, and then I can provide a better set for you that still matches what you're looking for. Note these might not be the most competitively viable sets, but it's to ensure your original team structure isn't damaged.

Cinderace:

Swords Dance and Cinderace's speed tier makes him a good endgame cleaner but there's a couple of things wrong here with the set.

First off Libero has received a nerf since generation 9, letting Cinderace ONLY have STAB on the first move it clicks. Hence, if you'd go for swords dance, you'd be stuck as a normal type, and that wouldn't be good for your acrobatics or pyro ball right?

Baton Pass is banned.

Sitrus Berry is not the preferred item on Cinderace due to its frailty, making it hard to know whether or not you'll even survive a hit for your sitrus berry to activate and for your sweep to start.

Based on all that and WITHOUT going too far off track what you wanted, I'd recommend you this set instead:

Bugs Bunny (Cinderace) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type:
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

Focus Sash ensures you live a hit, and with the Blaze ability, your swords dance boosted Pyro Ball will be very hard hitting. High Jump Kick for extra coverage and Sucker Punch to beat faster foes. Just a note, very important that Cinderace comes in AFTER Glimmora or Great Tusk have removed hazards, so as to not break its sash.

Azumarill:

We're off to a stronger start with Azumarill, but Trailblaze is not needed here due to your no speed set. It'd take quite a few Trailblazes to start outspeeding fast threats with Azu, that would already be broken by Aqua Jet.

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Liquidation is much preferred due to being able to threaten bulkier pokemon such as Garganacl.

Glimmora:

Rocky Helmet Glimmora is never seen, as its not usually a pokemon you want switching in on physical attacks unless if its setting up toxic spikes with toxic debris (but you chose the ability corrosion).

I don't think Toxic Spikes should be used here, either get Toxic Debris as an ability or forget about setting up hazards.

Earth Power is not STAB; Glimmora is Rock, not Ground.

This is one set I need to just revamp entirely:

Karen (Glimmora) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Life Orb Glimmora is not usually seen but since you want your Glimmora to hit hard and still get rid of hazards with Mortal Spin, I gave you life orb so you can switch between the two. Due to your ability corrosion you're always able to get off a mortal spin even against steel types.

Hatterene:

I think you've compressed too many roles for your Hatterene. Being forced to be both a screen setter and a calm mind + stored power sweeper is too much work for one pokemon. Screens are usually not the best fit for Hatterene. Maybe try Grimmsnarl or even Cresselia. But nonetheless, here it is:

EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Nuzzle

Just let your Hatterene set up screens and die to Healing Wish. Nuzzle to paralyze enemies that might try to set up on you.

Amoonguss:

You have a decent Amoonguss set, but a couple of things stand out.

You do not need Synthesis, Amoonguss passive healing in regenerator is more than enough. You do not need Toxic since you have Glimmora, Spore is MUCH more preferred.

Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Spore helps your setup sweepers do their job easier and Clear Smog helps neutralise threats that might have setup alongside your Hatterene.

Dondozo:
Dondozo I'll just switch out due to you wanting to get rid of it.

Instead, I recommend you:

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

This Tusk set gives you some much needed physical bulk on your team, and another spinner. You can substitute Bulk Up for Stealth Rock if you really want to set up with Tusk, but I'll leave that decision to you.

All in all, I fixed your sets to the best of my abilities, and I hope you are able to use them just how you intended them to. These are not their most viable sets and team synergy is somewhat lacking, but you have something to work with. I recommend you read up on the analyses written on the Pokemon you want to use to build teams that are both fun and strong! For example Cinderace: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/cinderace/

Last edited:
Hi welcome to Smogon! Have fun!

Your team is somewhat unconventional but I can understand your thought process behind each set. I will list off some stuff that is wrong with each set, and then I can provide a better set for you that still matches what you're looking for. Note these might not be the most competitively viable sets, but it's to ensure your original team structure isn't damaged.

Cinderace:

Swords Dance and Cinderace's speed tier makes him a good endgame cleaner but there's a couple of things wrong here with the set.

First off Libero has received a nerf since generation 9, letting Cinderace ONLY have STAB on the first move it clicks. Hence, if you'd go for swords dance, you'd be stuck as a normal type, and that wouldn't be good for your acrobatics or pyro ball right?

Baton Pass is banned.

Sitrus Berry is not the preferred item on Cinderace due to its frailty, making it hard to know whether or not you'll even survive a hit for your sitrus berry to activate and for your sweep to start.

Based on all that and WITHOUT going too far off track what you wanted, I'd recommend you this set instead:

Bugs Bunny (Cinderace) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type:
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

Focus Sash ensures you live a hit, and with the Blaze ability, your swords dance boosted Pyro Ball will be very hard hitting. High Jump Kick for extra coverage and Sucker Punch to beat faster foes. Just a note, very important that Cinderace comes in AFTER Glimmora or Great Tusk have removed hazards, so as to not break its sash.

Azumarill:

We're off to a stronger start with Azumarill, but Trailblaze is not needed here due to your no speed set. It'd take quite a few Trailblazes to start outspeeding fast threats with Azu, that would already be broken by Aqua Jet.

Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation

Liquidation is much preferred due to being able to threaten bulkier pokemon such as Garganacl.

Glimmora:

Rocky Helmet Glimmora is never seen, as its not usually a pokemon you want switching in on physical attacks unless if its setting up toxic spikes with toxic debris (but you chose the ability corrosion).

I don't think Toxic Spikes should be used here, either get Toxic Debris as an ability or forget about setting up hazards.

Earth Power is not STAB; Glimmora is Rock, not Ground.

This is one set I need to just revamp entirely:

Karen (Glimmora) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Life Orb Glimmora is not usually seen but since you want your Glimmora to hit hard and still get rid of hazards with Mortal Spin, I gave you life orb so you can switch between the two. Due to your ability corrosion you're always able to get off a mortal spin even against steel types.

Hatterene:

I think you've compressed too many roles for your Hatterene. Being forced to be both a screen setter and a calm mind + stored power sweeper is too much work for one pokemon. Screens are usually not the best fit for Hatterene. Maybe try Grimmsnarl or even Cresselia. But nonetheless, here it is:

EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80
Calm Nature
- Healing Wish
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Nuzzle

Just let your Hatterene set up screens and die to Healing Wish. Nuzzle to paralyze enemies that might try to set up on you.

Amoonguss:

You have a decent Amoonguss set, but a couple of things stand out.

You do not need Synthesis, Amoonguss passive healing in regenerator is more than enough. You do not need Toxic since you have Glimmora, Spore is MUCH more preferred.

Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Spore helps your setup sweepers do their job easier and Clear Smog helps neutralise threats that might have setup alongside your Hatterene.

Dondozo:
Dondozo I'll just switch out due to you wanting to get rid of it.

Instead, I recommend you:

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

This Tusk set gives you some much needed physical bulk on your team, and another spinner. You can substitute Bulk Up for Stealth Rock if you really want to set up with Tusk, but I'll leave that decision to you.

All in all, I fixed your sets to the best of my abilities, and I hope you are able to use them just how you intended them to. These are not their most viable sets and team synergy is somewhat lacking, but you have something to work with. I recommend you read up on the analyses written on the Pokemon you want to use to build teams that are both fun and strong! For example Cinderace: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sv/pokemon/cinderace/
Thank you so much! I know i suck at team building, so i hope my sets didn't give you too much of a headache. I think this will work out much better! Just one thing; you forgot to list the Tera type for Cinderace. Still, this was very helpful!

Oh don’t be harsh on yourself!! We all start somewhere. And for Cinderace I’d go Tera fire to boost pyro balls power even more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)