• D

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Garbage (E)

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
----------

Team Building Process:

Stated with this basic core, Rotom is pretty much the best pokemon to start with Heracross, it checks his biggest threat: Bird Spam and also gives Heracross an easy time by pivoting.

This slot was almost as easy as Rotom's to choose. Jirachi is provides another bird switch, as well stealth rock support, fairy checker and closes a volt-turn core with Rotom.

Another easy spot, Latios is great with this team, giving me a hazard control, as well a way to hit on the Special side very hard and form a Psychic / Fighting offensive core with Heracross.

Hardest slot to fill, but in the end, I think bulky sweeper Talonflame is just a great mon. It gives me two things I wanted: a Reliable late-game cleaner and a Stall Breaker with Taunt.

For the last spot, I wanted a second pivot that could complete the G/F/W core with Talon and Rotom, and Amoonguss is perfect in this slot as it fulfills the mentioned roll and also gives me a nice match-up against Rain Teams.

Team in depth

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Heracross is mega that i never use since Aegislash was banned from XY OU, so I decided to take a shot now that stall has become a little more common on Ladder. ''The given EV spread has enough Speed investment to outpace uninvested Landorus-T after Mega Evolving. The Attack EVs, paired with an Adamant nature, ensure a 2HKO on standard Magic Guard Clefable with Rock Blast most of the time. The remaining EVs are placed into HP to make use of Mega Heracross's great bulk, allowing it to takes hits from threats such as Bisharp, Mega Lopunny, and Weavile much better.'' In the last move slot, i preferred to use Substitute, as it gives me a more comfortable match-up vs Stall, Making Hera immune to any status, and thanks to its bulk, it can be a pain to break through subs with passive pokemon.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Nothing new here, if you don't play pokemon since Adv, This is the pivot, Volt Switch gives to me a reliable Switch with Damage, as well closing a Volt-Turn core with Jirachi. Hydro Pump hurts anything that has low SpD or is weak to it. Will-O-Wisp cripples many threatening things such as any physical attacker and passive pokemon. Pain Split is my main recover move, as well weakening Walls. About the extra speed, i just added it to Out-Speed other Rotom and have the advantage with Volt-Switch.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Here comes the Rocky setter. Nothing new to this set too, the classic SpDef lead. But if you want an explanation, Smogon makes it clear: ''32 Speed EVs are invested so that Jirachi can outpace Jolly Tyranitar [...] Maximum HP investment is used to increase Jirachi's overall bulk, and the remaining EVs are placed in Special Defense with a Careful nature to take on the likes of Mega Diancie, Latios, Clefable, and Mega Venusaur as effectively as possible.'' Jirachi as a matter effect, is my fairy checker and will take pleasure on Healing Heracross or Talonflame if he took SR damage.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover / Psyshock
- Defog

Latios is my defogger as well my Special Wall breaker. I think it's impossible to don't know this set, but i need to fill 3 lines so here we go: Max SpA and Speed making him a quick and powerful attacker. 29 IVs on HP increases the amount of hits i have with Life Orb, 0 IVs on Attack makes it take least damage from Foul Play. Using Surf as my main secondary attack, as a personal preference, as many people like to use Excadrill as a checker. And it also hits Tyranitar hard and it gives me the opportunity to weaken lead landorus

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

This set is extremely great against passive pokemon, as well a great late game cleaner. Acrobatics with no item gives Talonflame the opportunity of hitting multiple times without recoil and no item gives me a reliable switch to Knock-off, since i don't want to always put my Heracross in front off every dark move to have most HP possible. Taunt is used over Will-O-Wisp because of two reasons: I already have a wispper and Taunt simply makes passive mons like Clefable useless against Talonflame, giving me a free Swords Dance and an easy Wall-Breaking / Sweeping.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Spore

Ah, of course we need a sleep setter lol. Amoonguss is my second pivot as well my main switch to Rain-Dance sweepers and Water mons overall (Keldeo, Azumarill). Giga Drain is my main recover move, Hidden Power Fire helps me break Scizor and Ferrothorn better. Clear Smog gives me a better match-up vs Set-Uppers like DD Landorus, DD Thundurus, Belly Drum Azumarill etc.

Conclusion:
This team is helping me peak my OU ladder a lot, as a matter effect, after testing i was able to peak in 1500 easily, and I'll keep my record. But i wanted to see what you think and if my team can be upgraded.

Threat List:

Coming soon.

Importable:

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Defog

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Spore

Hey HappyHoopa05 cool team. Your team has some certain foundational flaws that can be easily exploited by a large portion of the metagame. I'll point out these tendencies in a second, but over you have a nice team. MegaCross is a powerful wallbreaker that breaks through pretty much all the viable walls in the OU metagame except for a few select Pokemon. I love bulky SD Talonflame, and I think its a very underrated Pokemon right now, being able to completely demolish Stall teams. SpDef Rachi isn't something I've ever used, but I've heard of the concept and it seems like a decent SR setter. However, looking at your team, I find a lack of defensive synergy, as most of your team has common weaknesses. Most notably, MegaCross, Rotom, and Amoonguss can be easily overwhelmed by Flying and Psychic-Type attacks.

SpDef < Support

Here is the main change that will give your team more of a defensive synergy. MegaCross, Amoonguss, and Rotom are easily worn down by Flying and Psychic type attacks, making Tyranitar one of the best choices to pair with your team. The rest of your team synergizes well with Ttar, with Latios being able to tank Fighting-Type attacks and hit back hard with Psyshock and Amoonguss taking both the Water and Grass-type attacks that Tyranitar doesn't like. Ttar also gives your team a Lati check, as you currently don't have one, on what can be considered a Lati weak team. It can also set up SR, leaving it to fully replace Jirachi. Jirachi is not really the best Bird switch as you said in your OP due to the fact that Talonflame gets Flare Blitz and Staraptor and Pinsir get CC.

HP/Atk < HP/SpDef

Here is another change that will provide your team with a more defensive backbone. SpDef Talonflame is a great Pokemon, being able to 1v1 most stall teams and certain Pokemon like Serperior and Clefable (as long as it doesn't set up lol). Most importantly, SpDef Talon gives your team a way to deal with Tornadus-T, who currently rips large holes through it with it's fantastic coverage. The difference between investing in Attack and SpDef is this calc: 160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 202-238 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and this calc: 160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 135-160 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. SpDef Talon is able to avoid the 2HKO from Hurricane (on AV Torn) while your set is not.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch / Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Sorry to say this but, its a matter effect is wrong. Its "a matter of fact".
Great team, anyways!

I guess Ill give it a "A". Its a bit too stally and bulky for me since Im a real offense user (with like max offense stats on every mon lol) but your team seems to thrive against stall teams, which full offense teams have struggles with (sometimes literally).

Hey HappyHoopa05 cool team. Your team has some certain foundational flaws that can be easily exploited by a large portion of the metagame. I'll point out these tendencies in a second, but over you have a nice team. MegaCross is a powerful wallbreaker that breaks through pretty much all the viable walls in the OU metagame except for a few select Pokemon. I love bulky SD Talonflame, and I think its a very underrated Pokemon right now, being able to completely demolish Stall teams. SpDef Rachi isn't something I've ever used, but I've heard of the concept and it seems like a decent SR setter. However, looking at your team, I find a lack of defensive synergy, as most of your team has common weaknesses. Most notably, MegaCross, Rotom, and Amoonguss can be easily overwhelmed by Flying and Psychic-Type attacks.

SpDef < Support

Here is the main change that will give your team more of a defensive synergy. MegaCross, Amoonguss, and Rotom are easily worn down by Flying and Psychic type attacks, making Tyranitar one of the best choices to pair with your team. The rest of your team synergizes well with Ttar, with Latios being able to tank Fighting-Type attacks and hit back hard with Psyshock and Amoonguss taking both the Water and Grass-type attacks that Tyranitar doesn't like. Ttar also gives your team a Lati check, as you currently don't have one, on what can be considered a Lati weak team. It can also set up SR, leaving it to fully replace Jirachi. Jirachi is not really the best Bird switch as you said in your OP due to the fact that Talonflame gets Flare Blitz and Staraptor and Pinsir get CC.

HP/Atk < HP/SpDef

Here is another change that will provide your team with a more defensive backbone. SpDef Talonflame is a great Pokemon, being able to 1v1 most stall teams and certain Pokemon like Serperior and Clefable (as long as it doesn't set up lol). Most importantly, SpDef Talon gives your team a way to deal with Tornadus-T, who currently rips large holes through it with it's fantastic coverage. The difference between investing in Attack and SpDef is this calc: 160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 202-238 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO and this calc: 160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 135-160 (37.6 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. SpDef Talon is able to avoid the 2HKO from Hurricane (on AV Torn) while your set is not.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch / Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
Thank you for the recommendations, i'll test and update with your changes tonight.

Sorry to say this but, its a matter effect is wrong. Its "a matter of fact".
Great team, anyways!

I guess Ill give it a "A". Its a bit too stally and bulky for me since Im a real offense user (with like max offense stats on every mon lol) but your team seems to thrive against stall teams, which full offense teams have struggles with (sometimes literally).
Sry i'm a grammar newb. Thanks for your rating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)