Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am "Wild Trainer" and I have just joined Smogon, and the very first thing I noticed about it* is that there is no place to post introductions, or to get a shove in the right direction of what to do on this forum.

I hope I just missed it, but if not, I believe that we need a place like that.

Thanks.

*Other than it's awesomeness

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Introduction areas have been brought up MANY times before, and have always been shot down. it was tried once, and it didn't work. If you're looking to immerse yourself in smogon's unique culture, the best advice is to just lurk, watch and listen to the successes and mistakes of others, learn who's an idiot and who to look up to, and get a feel for the culture of the website.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Introductions tend to be useless. You don't get integrated into the community by making a random post in a random thread about who you are. You get integrated by jumping in and being an interesting person.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
plus this forum seems to be doing the trick 90% of the time

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Heyya Wild Trainer, I don't think anyone really answered the first part of your post, which revealed that you're a new user on Smogon. I just wanted to formally say welcome to Smogon! We're glad you think it's awesome; we tend to agree, haha. If you (or any other new users reading this thread) need a push in the right direction, feel free to PM me! I'd love to talk about your specific interests to help set you up with areas on Smogon that might interest you. Don't be shy =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)