hello

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One piece of advice is that the dominant Steel-types in NU are Probopass, Bastiodon and Lairon. All of them are neutral to Fire and 4x weak to Ground and Fighting attacks. Thus, there's probably a better choice for your Steel-killer than Lampent: Jynx with Focus Blast makes a pretty good lure. Nasty Plot / Ice Beam / Focus Blast / Lovely Kiss could really help your team out imo.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It might, although you might not get the KOs you need, and a Rock Blast from Bastiodon or a Head Smash from Lairon will kill Jynx pretty easily. If you want more reliable coverage, then Choice Scarf Sawk can beat all of these threats up while also acting as a speedy revenge killer.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
This team is extremely weak to hard hitting Pokemon on the physical side. Absol, Ursaring, Pinsir, Torterra, and even opposing dragons can basically obtain a free turn of set-up against Tentacool or Miltank and proceed to sweep your team. The only way you can revenge them is with ExtremeSpeed from Dragonair, which isn't exactly very powerful.

To Fix this problem, I suggest you replace Tentacool with Quagsire, who can stop all of the sweepers I mentioned with the exception of Torterra. The standard physical wall set from the on-site analysis should work. I would also use Body Slam over Toxic on Miltank to do decent damage and hope for a chance of paralysis, which could help Zweilous and Dragonair sweep better.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
At first, I thought this was an NFE team, until you added Miltank. However, this doesn't really change the fact that most of your pokes are slow and frail (with the exception of Miltank, and maybe Tentacool on the special side). A decent physical wall can stall most of your team as well. Weezing can tank your attacks and cripple most of your team with Will-o-wisp and Clear Smog. Without Eviolite, Lampent can't really switch in to Sludge Bomb repeatedly (especially with entry hazards).

Three Choiced Pokes are also relatively easy to play around. Tangela can also tank attacks and Knock Off your important items. As for offensive threats, other than the ones already mentioned, Piloswine can handle your entire team! On a more serious note, a combo of Ludicolo and Nasty Plot Jynx (rain teams in general actually) shreds through your entire team with little trouble.

I would replace either Dragonair or Zweilous with either Special Defensive or Choice Specs Altaria. Specs Altaria with Cloud Nine works well with the offensive nature of your team, weakens weather teams somewhat, and devastates physical walls with powerful Draco Meteors.

Scarf Sawk over Lampent sounds like a good idea as well, since your team is pretty slow. If you add Quagsire as well, you can ditch Toxic on Miltank for Body Slam or Earthquake to prevent it from being Taunt bait. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)