Pokémon Heliolisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
With its immunities, it has some decent chances for switching in although I think heliolisk was a bit better earlier this gen when everyone was riding the BD + aqua jet azu band wagon. But Im still a fan of the sub + 3 attacks just because it is capable of setting up a sub on certain top ou pokemon such as ageislash (with prediction), azu, and rotom. But one of my favorite perks about this pokemon is that its able to severely damage almost every weather starter in ou with its precise but deadly movepool.

252 SpA Expert Belt Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 281-331 (94.2 - 111%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 343-406 (84.9 - 100.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Surf vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 340-402 (80.9 - 95.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 338-400 (88 - 104.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

The only weather starter that isnt hurt too badly by heliolisk is special defensive ninetales (lol)

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ninetales: 141-166 (40.2 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It is 2hko'd too though if rocks are out.

All it needs is some hazard support to wreak what it needs to wreak since its power isnt the best.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a solar power set with volt switch? the extra power is welcome, and volt switch negates any solar power recoil you might get

I think Heliolisk is a wonderful pokemon, because it is also a normal type pokemon which gives it immunity to ghost type attacks. Since a lot of people uses Aegislash in the battle, Heliolisk becomes very important. It doesn't use physical attacks so king's shield can't riduce its attacks and Shadow Sneak can't do anything to it! If you see an Aegislash that has doubled his attack with sword dance you can simply switch to your Heliolisk. Your opponent can't attack you so he/she must switch, or he/she will attack you with non prioty attack, so Heliolisk will be faster and Aegislash's defence bases will reduce so Heliolisk can destroy that damn thing! I really hate that sword thing...

My moveset

Heliolisk @ Damp Rock
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 252 Spd

-Thunder
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Rain Dance

I think you better use it agaist pokemon like Aegislash or water type pokemon. Once you face them you can use rain dance, water type pokemons can't attack you with water type attack because of dry skin so they will probably switch. And then I am sure thunder (rain dance makes sure it hits), surf (powered up thanks to rain) and grass knot will help you face your opponent's next pokemon. (I hope :D )

Last edited:
I think Heliolisk is a wonderful pokemon, because it is also a normal type pokemon which gives it immunity to ghost type attacks. Since a lot of people uses Aegislash in the battle, Heliolisk becomes very important. It doesn't use physical attacks so king's shield can't riduce its attacks and Shadow Sneak can't do anything to it! If you see an Aegislash that has doubled his attack with sword dance you can simply switch to your Heliolisk. Your opponent can't attack you so he/she must switch, or he/she will attack you with non prioty attack, so Heliolisk will be faster and Aegislash's defence bases will reduce so Heliolisk can destroy that damn thing! I really hate that sword thing...

My moveset

Heliolisk @ Damp Rock
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp Att/ 252 Spd

-Thunder
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Rain Dance

I think you better use it agaist pokemon like Aegislash or water type pokemon. Once you face them you can use rain dance, water type pokemons can't attack you with water type attack because of dry skin so they will probably switch. And then I am sure thunder (rain dance makes sure it hits), surf (powered up thanks to rain) and grass knot will help you face your opponent's next pokemon. (I hope :D )
Unfortunately for Heliosk:

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Heliolisk: 368-434 (112.1 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Heliolisk: 368-434 (112.1 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Yeah you can most definitely switch into aegislash on a shadow ball, but after that you gotta volt switch the hell out of there. Specs is good with heliolisk as it does check both aegislash and azumarill, though most of the time heliolisk should be volt switching in and out.

Yes, you are right. When I was writing that I forgot that if Aegislash is slower it changes stance after the opponent makes his move, so if Aegislash's defence didn't reduce Heliolisk can't OHKO Aegislash. I really hate this pokemon so much.

Yes, you are right. When I was writing that I forgot that if Aegislash is slower it changes stance after the opponent makes his move, so if Aegislash's defence didn't reduce Heliolisk can't OHKO Aegislash. I really hate this pokemon so much.
I repeat, Heliolisk should only be able to sweep very late game, he's a SCOUTER. And a damn good one too, he's shines in a team with a fellow U-turner. He has access to Surf as well which is pretty good. Choice Scarf is also an option, but im personally more into Specs with this little lizard.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist

most aegislash are special these days, but even still:

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Heliolisk: 276-326 (84.1 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's giving up way too much speed and SpA to be worth bothering with, and even then,

236 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Shield: 160-190 (49.3 - 58.6%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If helio has sub, it can play around ageislash the moment it decides to use kings shield. just saying.

Are Glare or Focus Blast worth using if I don't have HP Ice?
Specs Thunder/Surf/Focus Blast/Grass Knot maybe? Possibly Volt Switch?

Are Glare or Focus Blast worth using if I don't have HP Ice?
Specs Thunder/Surf/Focus Blast/Grass Knot maybe? Possibly Volt Switch?
I'm not sure if full on attacking is the best way to go; in my opinion, heliolisk is best at switching in on an immunity/resistance, paralyzing the opponent with glare, and getting out with volt-switch/U-turn

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
I dont know about glare on helio. Bulky, slower pokemon tend to switch into heliolisk's attack and they dont really mind the glare and using it on faster offensive pokemon is risky because of how frail heliolisk is.

I dont know about glare on helio. Bulky, slower pokemon tend to switch into heliolisk's attack and they dont really mind the glare and using it on faster offensive pokemon is risky because of how frail heliolisk is.
I use glare in a more supportive way, most of my teams love the speed difference and free turns it makes

Heliolisk is beyond obsolete and terrible in OU. It's outclassed by just about everything in the tier and has next to no niche at the moment. I don't really see why you would consider it for a team slot to begin with. That said, this thread is no longer of any use and being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)