(H)E-Tran (major team update - 6/3/14)

I present to you...a team. Of, ya know, pokermans. Basically a sort of "balanced" approach.

TEAM LAST EDITED: 6/3/14. As of that date...
Current threat list:
-Deoxys-D/S
-Greninja
-Alakazam
-Mixed Aegislash
-Rain Offense

Other to-do:
-Find room for a cleric?

If possible, I'd appreciate comments directed to the above issues, in addition to whatever else you'd like to mention. Now, without further ado...

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Chlorophyll --> Thick Fat | Modest Nature
Synthesis / Giga Drain / Sludge Bomb / HP Fire
One half of the common VenuTran core. HP Fire over EQ so I don't have to run Quiet, and I have Latios for Heatran (and Terrakion, since relatively few seem to run Earth Power these days). Also, and perhaps most importantly, it lets me 2HKO Mega Mawile. Heatran on the other hand is simply punted to Quagsire or more likely, Latios, because Quagsire hates Toxic. Considering Leech Seed over Synthesis because of all the rain and sand I've been seeing lately.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Unaware | Relaxed Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Recover / Toxic / Scald / Earthquake
Supplement to the VenuTran core. Takes on Mega Charizard X (to a degree) and of course Unaware is good to have in general. He's also extremely bulky and can switch in happily to Talonflames, though occasionally banded Brave Bird is a 2HKO. Also functions really well against things like Excadrill, Garchomp, and other physical attackers, as well as physical aegislash and people who don't understand what Unaware does/don't remember Quag has it and waste time trying to set up :3

Heatran @ Expert Belt
EVs: 88 HP / 180 SAtk / 240 SDef
Flash Fire | Modest Nature
Lava Plume / Ancient Power / Will-o-Wisp / Earth Power
A fairly weird set, but it's kind of the glue that holds the team together. He is EV'd perfectly to be able to just barely take either: Stealth Rock + YZard Focus Blast/EQ, or YZard Solar Beam + Focus Blast/EQ, and then OHKO back with Ancient Power. Also lets me actually do something when I'm walling Talonflame. Will-O-Wisp for Azumarill and Tyranitar switch ins, and it lets me beat non-EQ Mega Venusaur.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Sturdy | Impish Nature
Roost / Brave Bird / Stealth Rock / Defog
Check for physical attackers like Terrakion and Azumarill. Great for finishing off near-death attackers who don't expect to take rocky helmet damage. No defog because my team doesn't really gaf about rocks, and it would mean I have to remove Whirlwind or Brave Bird. The latter would make me unable to shuffle and get extra rocks damage, and the former would make me unable to hit Mega Venusaur or other things like Conkeldurr that I'm trying to wall. The combination of Skarm and Heatran provides a perfect core to beat Mega Venusaur once I know whether it runs Earthquake or HP Fire.

Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Levitate | Timid Nature
Draco Meteor / Psyshock / Surf / HP Fire
Basically the special nuke. Checks dragons and counters non-Specs Keldeo, not to mention Heatran. Also checks Sand Rush Excadrill and Hippowdon, and does extremely well against Rotom-W. Finally, deals with non-dragon-pulse YZard thanks to specs Psyshock doing devastating damage and specs Draco having a great chance to OHKO. I was running T-Bolt for a while but Psyshock is good enough to hit Azumarill switch ins, I guess. Considering swapping HP Fire for Trick, though it's definitely useful for predicted Bisharp or Ferro switch ins. At the same time...I guess Trick would be useful for them, too.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Justified | Jolly Nature
Stone Edge / Close Combat / X-Scissor / Quick Attack
Basically the physical nuke. Nothing really wants to have to predict which STAB they will take, and even if they predict correctly and go to something that resists my choice, there's still a really good chance whatever it is will still be 2HKOd which is easy thanks to Terrakion's naturally high speed. Quick Attack to pick off weakened faster things like Greninja, Thundurus, or Alakazam (nobody seems to expect it) though I'd much rather have a better answer to Greninja and Alakazam.

Last edited:
Hi :)
Certainly a good, attempt, many things can be changed to make this better
I use this thundurus set
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
It deals with Dragons by limiting their speed, and uses nasty plot to the best as thundurbolt / focus blast will be hitting for a ton of damage
Quagsire is good, Skarmory is good, if you like that Heatran set it's good, but I would use WoW over Flash Cannon to cripple those Physical Attackers (your choice)
I would use this Charizard Y set
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
It's the standard set and destroys most of the meta with Fire Blast, and the other 2 moves gives it good coverage. Roost is for survivability and for predicted switches
I would use this Keldeo set
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
It hits Mega Venesaur with HP Flying and can deal massive damage to everything with either Hydro Pump or Secret Sword. Scald has that nice 100% accuarcy and 30% burn chance.

Looks good other than that, good luck!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Hi :)
Certainly a good, attempt, many things can be changed to make this better
I use this thundurus set
Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
It deals with Dragons by limiting their speed, and uses nasty plot to the best as thundurbolt / focus blast will be hitting for a ton of damage
Quagsire is good, Skarmory is good, if you like that Heatran set it's good, but I would use WoW over Flash Cannon to cripple those Physical Attackers (your choice)
I would use this Charizard Y set
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
It's the standard set and destroys most of the meta with Fire Blast, and the other 2 moves gives it good coverage. Roost is for survivability and for predicted switches
I would use this Keldeo set
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
It hits Mega Venesaur with HP Flying and can deal massive damage to everything with either Hydro Pump or Secret Sword. Scald has that nice 100% accuarcy and 30% burn chance.

Looks good other than that, good luck!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Roost
Cool, thanks a bunch! I made all the changes except I'm considering going back to flamethrower on Charizard as I just missed a fire blast at a critical point (I ended coming back, but still a mfw moment, haha).

Also, I changed Quagsire to Impish nature and gave it waterfall over scald, because Quag already has toxic and I want to be able to break Scolipede's substitutes (and espeon's too, plus waterfall does more damage all around to Espeon). Scald IS nice for the burn chance, but...well, if it wasn't the BP suspect ladder I'd probably stick with scald. Actually, I probably wouldn't have haze in the first place, lol.

Cool, thanks a bunch! I made all the changes except I'm considering going back to flamethrower on Charizard as I just missed a fire blast at a critical point (I ended coming back, but still a mfw moment, haha).

Also, I changed Quagsire to Impish nature and gave it waterfall over scald, because Quag already has toxic and I want to be able to break Scolipede's substitutes (and espeon's too, plus waterfall does more damage all around to Espeon). Scald IS nice for the burn chance, but...well, if it wasn't the BP suspect ladder I'd probably stick with scald. Actually, I probably wouldn't have haze in the first place, lol.
I'm glad my changes helped :)

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi
I think your team dose not have any ice moves so i would suggest to give icy wind or hidden power ice to keldeo

or give any other pokemon ice moves

Icy Wind on Keldeo or HP Ice on Thundurus works
Also If you want Taunt on Thundurus back it can be used over Nasty Plot

Hi
I think your team dose not have any ice moves so i would suggest to give icy wind or hidden power ice to keldeo

or give any other pokemon ice moves
Icy Wind on Keldeo or HP Ice on Thundurus works
Also If you want Taunt on Thundurus back it can be used over Nasty Plot
Idk. If this weren't the BP suspect ladder I would keep Nasty Plot. NP does help against BP though too as it's fairly simple to predict a protect first turn and NP, then use T-wave, then spam thunderbolt to break subs while the guy franticly tries to figure out what to do. Thinking of going leftovers though as it's kind of frustrating to take 10% damage and +2 t-bold is already devastating by itself.

I might replace scald with Icy Wind. Idk. I like the burn chance but Specs Hydro pump can't OHKO Garchomp. Well, it can, but it's super rare. Sigh.

Anyone with any team member replacement ideas to cover things like Garchomp, Sash Breloom, and Rotom-W better? My mind goes to Mega Venusaur but of course I already have Megazard Y. Maybe a different Grass/Poison type like Roserade or Amoongus? But which and who to replace? Thoughts?

So I made some huge updates to the team, so I'd love some more comments/critcism! Really trying to improve my team building skills.

U-Turn Out If you could come back and re-rate the new team that'd be awesome :) Or if not interested, no worries!

Ok I will rerate this team
It might be a little hard to switch in Greninja as it can 2HKO everything on your team if it carries extra sensory. I would try not to let it have free switches and make Venasaur a little more specially defensive to take these hits better.
Other than that the team looks great! Don't find your listed pokemon as threat imo, may be wrong

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Change either terrakion or latios (i recommend the former) to choice scarf to give yourself a solid revenge killer. Scarf terrakion is maybe the best revenge killer in the tier, with very high speed and dual stabs with both great coverage and temendous power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)