GyaraKarp-A balanced M-Gyarados team

Hey there!Recently I made a team with a pokemon that I wanted to try out and that is obviously Mega Gyarados(or Mega GyaraKarp as I prefer to call it).Until now it worked out quite well hitting 1500 in very little time.So here it is:

>>>>>>>>

GyaraKarp (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

This is simply the main sweeper of the team.It got really good this Gen in my opinion, gaining a more bulky mega that is able to get a DD.I choose Intimidate over Moxie to force switches so i can set up.The moves are typical and so are the EVs so i will not get deep into them but if your asking yourself ,,Why Ice Fang over Bounce ?" it's because this is Mega Gyarados.

Thundurus-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

For some reason people forget his ability and let me give Gyarados another day to live.I prefer expert belt over Life Orb because I just don't want to...I usually use Life Orb on actual bulky pokes not frail ones.The moveset is made to be a very good set up special sweeper.If I can set up a Nasty Plot with this guy usually three of the opponents pokes are down.

ShroomFace (Amoonguss) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is my Special Defense wall.He comes in takes hits,puts things to sleep and then he uses his moves to do damage with his decent Special Attack.I was thinking about replacing HP Fire with Synthesis but then everybody seems to have Ferothorn that comes in to Leech Seed something when I switch out.What do you guys think about it?

hate me (Mandibuzz) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Roost

This is my physical wall ,my counter to Aegislash and defogger.This set mainly is used to destroy physical attackers with Foul Play and if your not one say bye to your item.I am thinking to replace an attack for Toxic but it's hard to decide which one as Foul Play is very good on Mandibuzz but knock let's it be able to do something to special attackers.That is my main question for this poke.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

First member of my little VoltTurn core(I actually only have U-Turners but still)I use choice band over swords dance for instant power.I use Superpower for Ferrothorn,Pursuit to trap things and Bullet Punch for...I'm not explaining this one.Overall the set isn't something amazing that nobody knew about already.I was thinking to change to some other VoltTurner but who?(NO ROTOM NO ROTOM NO ROTOM)

Scarfed (Greninja) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

My usual lead and second member of my U-turn core I guess?The coverage of this moveset allows him to be a perfect user of the expert belt.The moveset is so simple and well known that almost everybody knows about it so yeah.Also is Extrasensory worth to have over Dark Pulse?Since lately every Greninja I see seems to have it.Maybe switch Ice Beam for Extrasensory?

Overall I really like this team right now.If you want to try it out remember to keep the Gyarados name.I think it's lucky for some reason lol.
Remember don't just read and steal,rate too!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)