GSC Draft League - Rain Team?? Please help theory craft

Hey guys, I am doing a competitive gen 2 draft league and I want to draft a gen 2 rain team.

ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE - We added an Item Clause rule, and items can only be used once per team. So I have to choose a specific leftovers user, mystic water user, etc.

The reason I believe this rain team will work is because its a 12 player draft, all of the meta pokemon will be spread super thin and therefore making normal OU archetypes not really come in to play here. I'm thinking hyper offense should be key!

So currently the only Pokémon I have are Starmie and Clefable.

Clefable - I will be using Rain Dance, Thunder, Body Slam, Thunder Wave. I am not using moonlight because it barely heals with rain dance.

Starmie will have its basic OU set but im thinking about Miracle berry or mystic water for water boost.

I am also attaching a draft board. I will have the 11th, 23nd, 34rd, 45th pick and so on and so forth.

Which pokemon down in the lower ranks do you think are must have if im setting up rain dance. I am thinking my first pick needs to be either Kingdra or Quagsire.

Attachments

I don't know hiw many points you have but if you are playing gsc ou rain keep in mind that it's A rather weak rain team. As such you should stoop no lower than the UU pokemon because You will most likely already be playing at a disadvantage. In fact, Rain enables opposing players to use Thunder because it never misses in the rain.

Here are some candidates to keep in mind

Lanturn: obvious pick because it is the pokemon tobenefit themost from rain while also being able to threaten the pokemon that wall Water types, ie. Other water types

Quagsire and kingdra are also good picks. For Kingdra I could recommend Surf Ice beam res sleep talk. This set is able to defeat a lot of physical and mixed attackers.

Other strong candidates: explosion users
Gar, Golem, Cloyster, Steelix, Exeggutor, Forry, Haunter, Electrode, Muk, Sudowodo

Gar Lix and Exeggutor are great because they can lure in specific targets like electrics and KO them

Lapras, Dewgong: bulky with powerful moves

Spikers cloy forry

Generally any ground or grass types to give a defensive backbone vs electrics

Omastar Magneton also good for fending off normal types or some physical or special attackers.

This is what i could offer. Hope it helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)