GSC Cup IX - Finals [Won by Malekith]

susciety

Under the Alolan moon
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
OUPL Champion

Henlo gamers ٩(๑•◡-๑)۶ Welcome to the ninth iteration of the GSC Cup!​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here.
  • Standard GSC OU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, not to be turned off even in the case of a player disconnecting as we now have a separate disconnection timer (more details here). The timer may not be turned off in any circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True Disconnection. If your game is determined to be a True Disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Freeze Clause
  • Sleep Trap Clause: Pokemon can't have (Sing/Sleep Powder/Hypnosis/Lovely Kiss/Spore) + (Mean Look/Spider Web) in the same moveset
  • Trap Pass Clause: Pokemon can't have (Mean Look/Spider Web) + Baton Pass in the same moveset
Round 8

Rubyblood vs Malekith

The deadline for this round is Sunday, September 17th @ 11:59 pm -4. (Extensions will be granted if needed)

Reminder that Replays are REQUIRED

Last edited:

BlazingDark

formerly Mister Sauce
is a defending SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RoAPL Champion
Ruby seems to be an unstoppable force in GSC in this timeline, Malekith is excellent and made a beautiful run but i expect Ruby to win for belgium (France DLC) tu m'as rendu extrêmement fier t es un des meilleurs joueurs du site atm alors gagne ta cup et ta qualif

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Won vs. Rubyblood, ggs. You did an amazing job reaching the finals and I'm pretty sure the best is yet to come for you, don't punish yourself that much!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-719241
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-719259
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-719269

I'm very happy of winning my second GSC Cup (The first one and the last one), this gen seems to like me, and I'm starting to like it too, specially with all the good memories from the games. See you all in play-offs!

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Congratulations Malekith, well deserved.
I wish you all the best and hope you win all. Show them as GSC cup winner.

Well, the worst possible scenario has happened and it's happening again. Missing the playoffs in my favorite tier. I clearly feel empty and I'll probably need some time to find some personal satisfaction to anything at this point.

I would still like to make some s/o to my loyal friends who helped me.

Century Express: Thank you so much for teaching me a few years ago t, it was clearly your legacy that was present and I'm terribly sorry I didn't take it home. I hope you're proud of me, because I'm deeply grateful and have immense respect for the player and the person you are, my friend.

hellpowna: Thanks for your very pertinent help in the final phase, you were already an excellent player in dpp and you clearly are in gsc now. I hope you continue to be active and passionate as you have a lot of freshness in this tier. You deserve to be starter at the spl and I hope to see you there buddy.

BlazingDark: My brother, I know you're so disappointed and that it's as painful for you as it is for me. You're so important to me, you've given me so much and contributed to my evolution as a player and as a person. Our friendship is worth far more than all the pixels and recognition of the people on smogon. So I have nothing to regret because I have you, my brother. We won't make it this year, but later we'll be there. It's just the start for us.

All support by friends and people. I've read every one of your messages and believe me it means a lot to me, I'm sorry to have disappointed you guys but believe me I'll do it someday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)