Going all-out for the last time (OU RMT)

Going All Out For The Last Time!

Props to setrack(Below)for coming up with the title :D
.................................................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................
Introduction

Hello guys and gals,its been a pretty long time since my last RMT(and over 2 months since my last OU RMT)but unfourtanly i am here to also bring you some sad news.

But firstly:
<Setrack>what about
<Setrack>Going all-out for the last time
Secondly,I am retiring from offense in OU for a very,very long time despite the fact that Manaphy will be packing his things and go to OU(Although it wont be soon due to the possibility of having another suspect test[Otherwise known as Stage 3-3]not only that but that i mostly prefer Manaphy on offensive teams)i will be shifting to stall soon.So yeah this is pretty much my last offensive OU team for possibly like....forever.Dont worry through!I will still focus on the offensive in UU and Ubers for those who liked my past offensive UU RMT.Its just OU that im retiring from...

Anyway back to the team itself,This is probably one of my most successful teams i have made (The other being the "Bulky Offensive Toast" team)the team itself doesnt really mind Entry Hazards much with all of my members being immune to Toxic Spikes,3 of them also being immune to Spikes.And with no Stealth Rock Weaks my team doesnt really have much trouble switching in while worrying about entry hazards taking their toll.Along with the great Entry Hazard Resist also comes somewhat decent synergy that this team has.

Now after the not so short intro its time to go to the team itself !

Note: This team was originally based on Manaphy however because of the recent news (See the second paragraph)ill have to do without it.Ah well, I was going to have so much fun with it :(.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Evs:80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Nature:Jolly

• Trick
  • Stealth Rock
  • U-Turn
  • Iron Head
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirachi is such an amazing lead due to its versatility ,Good defences,and Serene Grace.Usually the "plan" here is to trick the foe,Crippling them ,and allowing Jirachi to lay off its rocks.After than i can ethier U-turn out to a pokemon or use Iron Head which is blessed with STAB and a staggering 60% chance to flinch.Alternative plans inculdes U-turning right away , Lay off rocks then switch or Iron head the foe if needed.

This is a pretty basic Jirachi,not that fancy mixed Lead Jirachi with perhaps thunderbolt over somewhere Nor is it that "Revenge Killing Jirachi lead"(Which was featured in my last OU RMT) that i like to call it.Jirachi doesnt only function as a lead through it servers many roles such as crippling boosters like Gyarados and Crocune,Revenge Kill a weakened pokemon later in the game,Or lay off its rocks again if a rapid spinner happens to spin my rocks away(Although i do have Gengar).Jirachi's good defenses allows it to do all that and thats what i really like about my precious star.
------------------------------------

Empoleon @ Peyata Berry
Evs:12 HP/12 Def/252 Sp Atk/232 Spd
Nature:Modest

• Substitute
  • Surf
  • Agility
  • Ice Beam

----------------------------
Empoleon is my threatening late game cleaner and Penguin that can surf you away when it gets that Peyata boost.If your talking about an Empoleon that has gotten that peyata boost with torrent combined with an Agility then yeah its pretty hard to beat.The plan here is quite simple:I switch in on a pokemon that it can force it out then Substitute on the switch after that Empoleon will deploy an Agility or Attack with Surf/Ice Beam depending on the situation.When i get the Agility then the fun really begins.If the pokemon happens to break my sub,I Substitue again,Until i nab that peyata boost.

What seperates it from most other late game cleaners is its bulk and wide variety of resists.It resists almost every priority in the game Including a quad Resist to the common Bullet Punch(Scizor or Metagross) and to the less common Ice Shard (Weavile and Mamoswine) So the foe will ethier need a Vaccum Wave/Mach Punch user or a Scarfer.
--------------------------------

Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability:Hyper Cutter
EVs:252 HP/40 Atk/216 Spd
Nature:Jolly

• Sword Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Roost
  • Stone Edge

--------------------------
Gliscor is mainly used as my Lucario Counter due to its ability to outspeed most lukes bar the rare Choice scarf variant and Destroy it with Earthquake.However unlike many other Gliscors that are used today this one is rare yet an effective tank that can demolish teams when Played correctly.I usually Sword Dance first then Fire off boosted STAB Earthquakes that get great coverage together with Stone Edge.Thanks to Gilscors great physical bulk it can usually get off a Sword Dance without much trouble.

The reason why I chose Gliscor over something like Lucario is a different story through,While Lucario acts as a excellnt late game sweeper,Gilscor has the overall bulk and speed to be a threatening force.Roost is also invaluable when it comes to Gilscors bulk as it can restore its health before continuing.It is also a great check against pokemon that the team can be destroyed by.Some of those include:Non-HP Ice Specsjolt,Lucario,Metagross,and Jirachi.

------------------------------------------------

Scizor@Choice Band
Ability:Technician
Evs:248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Nature:Adamant

• Bullet Punch
  • Pursuit
  • U-Turn
  • Superpower

------------------------
Scizor is often my main physical sweeper and can check weakened foes or some key pokemon with its deadly moves.Scizor has the defenses to come in on many resisted attacks such as Outrage from say Salamence or Kingdra.and can use its famous STAB in Bullet Punch to blast them or in the case of Kingdra use its powerful U-Turn which can deal a lot to Water-types not named Empoleon.

This Scizor is like many other Scizors out there so theres not much to say.It has a ridiculous STAB in the form of Bullet Punch,Rather decent Physical bulk,And U-Turn to make a spot on the team.The number of pokemon that it can check is fairly large.So its no suprise at all of how much that Scizor can possibly do.

---------------------------------

Latias ( A.K.A Sister) @ Life Orb
Evs:4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd
Nature:Timid

• Draco Meteor
  • Roost
  • Thunderbolt
  • Surf

----------------
Meet Sis,The dragon that some people are talking about,its her.generally STAB Draco Meteor has insane power and even Steel Types will be taking a decent amount of damage.It comes with a drawback through so i use it as "The Final Blow" To most pokemon.the other moves here are for coverage and i just love Roost since theres not much difference between Recover and Roost in the case of Latias.

Sister does alot to the team in two ways : by Sweeping or by Support.You gotta admit LO+STAB+140 Base Power+110 Base Sp attack just fucking hurts so Sister can safely get a sweep provided that its checks are gone.It Supports by taking out walls such as Rotom who would be troublesome to the team and because of its bulk it can also support by taking out sweepers but in exchange it has to sacrifice her life,For example latias can take a boosted ice Fang From Gyarados and 1HKO with Thunderbolt but the LO recoil will bring Sister with it.
-----------------------------

Gengar@Leftovers
Evs:4 HP/252 Sp Atk/252 Spd
Nature:Timid

• Protect
  • Shadow Ball
  • Focus Blast
  • Hidden Power Fire

MysticGar has became my All-Time Favorite of all Gengars that I have tried.The idea behind this Gengar is to scout a move with Protect then hit them with its choice of moves.Leftovers provides some form of recovery and pairs greatly with Protect as the extra recovery is welcome.Usually this Gengar is important for Choiced attackers like Scizor or Scarf Rotom.But is also useful on Certain Situations like scouting a move to reveal its variant,Or Scouting a certain switch in a similar matter of U-turn,This Gengar is mostly the weakest link of the team through.

That is all,and has for you offensive players good bye and good luck.may the Manaphy be with you (:toast:)

haunter

Banned deucer.
You have absolutely nothing to counter Gyarados. An offensive Gyara may easily 6-0 you after a DD. Scizor offers it many opportunities to set up, so I'd say that you need something to counter it, especially if Jirachi has already tricked away its scarf (note that even if you manage to trick it, it's still going to dish out serious damage to your Pokemon).

Switching your Latias to a scarf Variant would give you something to switch into Gyara on the turn in DD, outspeed and ohko it with thunderbolt, or just scare it out making it take SR damage twice.

So my suggestion is:

Latias@choice scarf
nature: timid
EVs: 4 HP \ 252 SpA \ 252 Spe
-draco meteor
-thunderbolt
-surf
-trick

Other than that, nice team.

I was actually considering scarf Latias during the early stages of the team but i felt that losing the power of LO Draco Meteor was too valuable so i had to try LO Latias first (Note that:I was using Scarf Rotom over Gengar at the Time)

Ill test out Scarf Latias soon through,Thanks!

EDIT:I tried out Scarf Latias and the power loss was really not worth it from what i have played so far , therefore ill test out Scarf Rotom-h .

Hello.

I can see you having some trouble with AgilityGross, DDNite, SD Scizor and as Haunter pointed out, a rather large weakness to Gyarados. In order to beat many of the previously mentioned Pokemon (bar Gyarados) you often must have Gliscor come in and either force the foe into Outrage or finish the foe off with Stone Edge or Earthquake. (Scizor is an extremely shaking counter to the Dragon Dancers due to Fire-type moves, boosted Earthquake, or because Tyranitar has a Babiri Berry). A weakened Gliscor leaves you extremely vulnerable to a Lucario sweep, or a sweep from another one of the aforementioned Pokemon. To this end I would suggest replace Gengar with a Rotom-A. I'm not a big fan of MysticGar to be honest. Sometimes when I use Protect, instead of attacking the foe sets up a Swords Dance with Scizor or Dragon Dance with Tyranitar, and since Rotom-A is also part Ghost, it would fit best over Gengar.

The reason for Rotom-A is to give you a sturdier check to many of the mentioned Pokemon so you don't drop the whole job on Gliscor, a counter Gyarados, as Choice Scarf Latias is a very shaky counter, especially since she is Pursuit weak and doesn't have a boosting item. Lastly, Rotom-A also counters Swords Dance Scizor, who you currently have a bit of an issue with. Gliscor cannot take boosted Bullet Punches, while Empoleon will die to Superpower. Latias and Gengar are set up fodder (Protect), and Jirachi lacks Fire Punch to do a significant amount of damage back. Since most Swords Dance Scizor run Speed EVs, your Scizor will likely get killed before it can strike back (unless you use Bullet Punch, which obviously won't OHKO).

Rotom-A @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold / EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp / Rest / Sleep Talk

This is a very standard set that works very well. Rotom makes an excellent status absorber. While Rotom-A is also Pursuit weak like Latias, due to Rest and Will-O-Wisp it is less susceptable to Pursuit. Standard Gyarados cannot beat this set without a lucky flinch or critical hit, while Scizor can only use Pursuit or Night Slash to beat you, but will get burned in the process. From there you can simply Rest off the damage until it dies. Metagross cannot hit you hard enough with Meteor Mash, nor it can use Explosion on you, so you can easily burn it with Will-O-Wisp and kill with Thunderbolt. Now the burden is lifted off Gliscor. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)