Get Muked [UU]

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Regirock @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Def/44 Spd/196 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Stealth Rocking suicide lead of sorts, although generaly I prefer to save him for later as he is my best normal resist. The only lead who really scares it is Roserade, which is basically a free switch to Muk. I just Stone Edge stupid Crobat/Ambipom/whatever Taunt shit since I can easily come back later if they dont Taunt anyway.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- U-turn

Blah blah, revenge killer. Shit you see on every team.
Helps me to check a lot of things from Torterra and Blaziken to Missy.

Piloswine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/116 Def/96 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Most replaceable member of the team. Whoever gets this spot needs to be able to deal with Clefable and SD Drapion. He is good but so is everyone else ive used on this spot.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP/192 Spd/248 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kills steels for MUKKK. Now really I've used Trapinch and it was so much cooler but Magneton is just better. Sometimes I'll just EQ + Boom with Regirock to get Maggy a free switch on their Steelix/Registeel and from then Maggy kills in one hit. I like how it rapes hail teams too.

Milotic (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 108 HP/144 Def/252 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Also checks a shitload of random stuff and still pretty bulky and hits hard. Whats not to love here.

Muk (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 200 HP/76 Atk/12 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Poison Jab

Game winner. It beats most, if not all, special attackers one-on-one and is only countered really by steels or random shit like Curse Regirock, SD Drapion or Nidoking. Ywah its pretty good.

I think I'm 15th on the ladder but I don't check if very often and don't really care that much, but Muk is very cool.

Regirock @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Def/44 Spd/196 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Stealth Rocking suicide lead of sorts, although generaly I prefer to save him for later as he is my best normal resist. The only lead who really scares it is Roserade, which is basically a free switch to Muk. I just Stone Edge stupid Crobat/Ambipom/whatever Taunt shit since I can easily come back later if they dont Taunt anyway.

Since you are posting your team in an "advance" style, ill Rate it like this.

Regirock is probably fine, but if you want a suicide lead, use Frosslass or Smeargle. Regirock is good because of its defenses, and High Attack, so Exploding should be used for pokemon you really need to get rid of.

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Frustration
- U-turn

Blah blah, revenge killer. Shit you see on every team.
Helps me to check a lot of things from Torterra and Blaziken to Missy.

Standard.

Piloswine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/116 Def/96 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Most replaceable member of the team. Whoever gets this spot needs to be able to deal with Clefable and SD Drapion. He is good but so is everyone else ive used on this spot.

You could use Blaziken in this spot, or even Feraligatr. Torterra would be good too.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP/192 Spd/248 SAtk
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kills steels for MUKKK. Now really I've used Trapinch and it was so much cooler but Magneton is just better. Sometimes I'll just EQ + Boom with Regirock to get Maggy a free switch on their Steelix/Registeel and from then Maggy kills in one hit. I like how it rapes hail teams too.

Really gimmicky, but if you need to get rid of steels, i guess go ahead.

Milotic (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 108 HP/144 Def/252 SAtk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Also checks a shitload of random stuff and still pretty bulky and hits hard. Whats not to love here.

Works, but becareful of Blaziken.

Muk (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 200 HP/76 Atk/12 Def/220 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Poison Jab

Game winner. It beats most, if not all, special attackers one-on-one and is only countered really by steels or random shit like Curse Regirock, SD Drapion or Nidoking. Ywah its pretty good.

Again, really gimicky but it works.
I think I'm 15th on the ladder but I don't check if very often and don't really care that much, but Muk is very cool.
Overall i think your team has a slight Blaziken weakness as you saw in our battle, especially since Milotic dies so easily. its 2HKO'd by Flare Blitz with SR.

As well, the only kills muk will be getting you, is surprise kills, people not knowing what a muk is doing in a UU match.

Loving the title! (Also forgive me, this is only the second time that I have rated a "new UU" team!)

Anyway, emotions aside, I think your team could do with quite a few changes, obviously you created to be based around a Muk sweep, so that is one thing that I shall keep the same, but I shall start with your Muk, Mono-Attacking with a Poison type is horrible, Poison has poor type coverage in general and is completely walled by Steels, yes I know you have Magneton, but that may not be enough to be honest. Any Shed Shell users will have fun walling you. So I'd keep the initial Plan the same, but replace your Muk with the Standard Curse Muk, which I believe runs something along the lines of:

Muk @ Leftovers

EVs:
~ Curse
~ Poison Jab
~ Brick Break / Ice Punch
~ Explosion / Shadow Sneak

I excluded Rest as an option because I really do not feel it is that viable, when compared with the extra type coverae. I'd say you're better off simply trying to achieve an end Game sweep with the type coverage. This means you probably want to be running Shadow Sneak in the last slot, unless you really think you can abuse that last game explosion glitch on Shoddy. (Self KO clause works in reverse ^_^) So there's the set I really think you should be using, I can't help but think the one you're running at the moment is beyond gimmiky, I'm sure you can pull it off a couple of times, but beyond that, I don't think it will pay off in the long run.

I quite like the Regirock lead you're running it will do well against random things Like Ambipom and other leads I've seen running around, so I have no qualms about that, if you tell me it's working keep it! Nice one running Frustration on Shoddy too! The rest of the team actually looks pretty solid, I need to get round to finding a threat list I can check against, is there anything specific you have been having problems with? Well If there is feel free to post them here and I'll try to help you out with thosw, onto the last team member that needs a touch up!

OK, Pilloswine, you said he doesn't really work, so lets see if we can find something that supports your team well, as well as being able to deal with those two things you mentioned. Something Bulky would be nice, but still hits Clefable hard, something like Technitop sounds quite good, it handles Clefable pretty nicely and Fake Out + Mach Punch will go a lot of the way to help you against SD Clefable. The only reason that I might hesitate with this is that it might leave you a little more open to Spiritomb, Will-o-Wisp versions and the Mono-Calm Mind sets, so if that becomes a big problem after testing it out then give me a shout and we'll see if we can find a better fix, maybe CB on Staraptor instead of Scarf? Either way, give it a go, and if it doesn't seem to work just say.

Anyway, like I've said before, test those out, see how they go and we'll sort out any more issues if you post back here later. Hope some of this helped +)

@ Puggy, dunno, lets go with something like Roar on Steelix, I guess my point is simply that trapping Steels with Magneton isn't an infallible plan.

hey Dekzeh how ya doing?

Anyway, I could see Honchkrow fitting well over Piloswine. Whilst Honchkrow lacks the power to kill a Drapion in one shot, you can still 2HKO it. Drapion will be forced to use his Fang move. You could also use Sandslash or something, who can Swords Dance on Clefable and still wall Drapion.

I think Sneasel is actually an excellent option over Piloswine. Although it can't really beat Clefable or Drapion as well as these other suggestions, it gives you something to revenge kill Staraptor, Scyther, Swellow, and Altaria. I can see this team getting wrecked by a carefully played Altaria, but I don't see what problems you have with Drapion or Clefable. For either one of them, send in Regirock, and use Earthquake or Stone Edge, respectively. This will leave them hurt quite a bit, then Staraptor should be able to finish it off after Regirock has done its job, which should be 3 EQs because of that massive defense(unless Sniper activates). Then you should just Explode with Regirock, killing Clefable who thinks it was smart to Protect immediately. Staraptor can then come in and Close Combat for the kill. Sneasel on the other hand, provides speed and power, as well as a fantastic offensive combination. I think you will find STAB Ice Shard far more useful than any other priority in UU, especially since unreliable ones like Sucker Punch won't always hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)