Generic Bulky Offense Team ~ Made OU Ladder!

Hello, I am Drew Pickles, and I have yet another team today. I made this team two days ago as I was attempting to make my first real serious Gen 6 team. It's just a standard Bulky Offense team, and it's probably nothing you guys haven't seen before. Still, I created this team entirely on my own, and I'm very pleased with the results. I haven't made the Gen 6 OU ladder yet, but my Elo is currently 1443, so if I get a few more wins, then I might make the ladder. Anyway, on with the team.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

I started this team with Assault Vest Conkeldurr. With an Assault Vest and maximum Special Defense EV's, Conkeldurr can shrug off Special Attacks. It can recover HP with Drain Punch, allowing it to function as a tank. Mach Punch is good for revenge killing. Knock Off can cripple opponents that are dependent on their items. Ice Punch is a nice coverage move.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I added Heatran as a Talonflame counter, and I wanted it to be able to revenge kill. With a Choice Scarf, Heatran definitely accomplishes this. It can easily achieve revenge kills on Pokemon such as Mega Lucario and Mega Pinsir. Ancient Power hits Talonflame hard, and Earth Power and HP Ice are good coverage moves.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-T is an awesome Offensive Pivot. Intimidate comes in handy by weakening any Physical Attacking opponent upon switching in. Laying down Stealth Rock is helpful to any team to get crucial OHKOs. Earthquake is a powerful STAB attack. With 427 Attack, not many Pokemon really want to take a hit from Landorus. U-Turn keeps momentum on my side. Stone Edge is for coverage.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

A Defensive Wall, Mandibuzz provides solid support for this team. While no Pokemon on this team is weak to Stealth Rock, Defog still comes in handy since this is a switch-heavy team in general. Taunt prevents opposing Pokemon from setting up on me. Foul Play is a great attack because it uses the opposing Pokemon's Attack stat rather than Mandibuzz's poor Attack. Roost keeps Mandibuzz in the game.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Chansey serves as a Special Defensive Wall, and she is a critical part of this team's defensive core. Wish support is great for this team. Seismic Toss is steady damage. Thunder Wave provides valuable Paralysis support.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I wanted a Mega Pokemon, and I needed a Spore counter, so Mega Venusaur got the nod. It has performed surprisingly well. Upon Mega Evolving, Venusaur can shrug off Fire and Ice type attacks that would otherwise give it serious problems. Giga Drain is a great STAB attack that also restores some of Venusaur's HP. Sludge Bomb is also a nice STAB attack. Synthesis keeps Mega Venusaur alive. HP Fire helps against Mega Scizor, Mega Lucario, Genesect, and Ferrothorn.

Importable:
Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog
- Roost

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Please Comment. Thanks!

Special thanks to Cydonia for the suggested changes!

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hiya, looking over your team I can immediately see where you will be losing games. The current lack of speed, with no Scarfer and only one form of priority, combined with not being able to wall every pokemon you will commonly see leaves you very weak to some standard offensive threats. The main one I am thinking of straight away is Mega Pinsir. This sets up on your Conkeldurr with ease and proceeds to sweep your whole team. Mega Lucario is also really beyond your revenge killing or walling capabilities as it stands.

A quick fix for these two common problems is to put Choice Scarf on Heatran. This revenges Mega Pinsir with ease and takes out physical mega luke and special ones lacking vacuum wave (it will be banned soon though so don't worry much about this, until then keep Conkeldurr at max hp until you find out which set luke is running). In general it will give you the safety net you sorely need against fast powerful pokemon you can't wall.

A smaller change I would make is to shift Conkeldurr's HP evs to special defense. This lets it do a lot better against the stuff it is trying to switch into since Assault Vest multiplies the ev investment.

Good Luck.

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Ancient Power

I would go with Ancient Power to be able to hit Talonflame and Charizard-Y.

I'll be honest Cydonia, when I saw your suggestions I was pretty skeptical at first. But considering you identified exactly the kind of Pokemon that were giving me trouble, I decided to give it a try anyway. And I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. Heatran makes an excellent revenge killer to Mega Lucario and Mega Pinsir. And putting additional Special Defense on Conkeldurr allows him to stand up to almost any Special Attack. Thank you for the suggestions; they definitely helped my team. I'll make the changes above now.

I'm up to 1558 in OU. I'm using the name "Dugtrio". Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I made the ladder! I'm #434 with an ELO of 1661. I know it isn't much, but I'm just happy to make my Gen 6 ladder debut. Here's a screenshot to prove it.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hey bro really solid team!

I got a few suggestions though. one would be stone edge and fire blast over heatran, as stone edge hits everything ancient power does, and also kos volc regardless of qds. fire blast for the constant damage, as heatran is your only fast poke so hes probably gonna do a lot of late game cleaning.

I'd run a spread 208 HP / 88 Spd / 96 Atk / 116 Def on land-t, as you still outspeed most relevant pokes in his speed tier, gain a ton of bulk, and still hit pretty hard. I'd use calm on chansey, as you trade 10 def points for 24 spdef. finally, i'd use a more defensive spread on venu. venus best attribute is its great bulk, so i think you'd get more use out of it with either a fully defensive or specially defensive spread, depending on what you feel you need to check better, waters, electrics and aegislash, or fightings and most physical mons. I personally like phys def better, as there meta is pretty physically orientated at the moment. you still have a lot of special bulk as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)