Gen 5 SS Team - my first

Ok, this is one of my first RMT's for gen 5, and I'm doing a double battle-adapted SS team that managed to get me to the top 600. (not very impressive but for an adaptation of a double battle team)

now, This team was meant to be adapted from my SS doubles team, and in order to keep it legal in the league I'm using it in (outisde of Smogon) it must include at least 3 Pokemon from my old team

The Team Building Process

so I started with the double battle team:

(
leads
)

now, this team didn't have too much success in doubles, but that's a different story
then I made several changes...

First off, Togekiss wasn't needed, as it was purely a "follow me" support for T-tar... I replaced it with Randorosu, for some more attacking in this primarilly offensive team.

secondly, B/W being such a weather dominant game, I decided to NOT make T-tar my lead, so I instead swithced Metagross in front.

Gastrodon and Doryuuzu got different sets, and Gastrodon got a new, more specially-oriented EV spread.

I then decided Metagross Lead was too slow, and was setup for Taunt users. I swapped it to a Lead Heatran (but Balloon over Sash)

that got me too:
Team at a glance

now, for the in-depth team

Heatran @ Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

My Heatran Lead. I use Magma storm to prevent switch-outs and then switch to pokemon either T-tar or Gastrodon. (normally, they switch after Boah comes in, and I get a free sub)

Randorosu @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Sand Power, oh how Powerful it is... this thing's Quakeslides are deadly, and I mean DEADLY!!! Not only that, but Explosion just takes the cake...

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Crunch

Ah, Boah, the Nostalgia...
yep, the source of my sand. Without him, there is no method to my Madness...

Golem (Goruggo) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Shadow Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Gyro Ball
- Fly

so far, my weak link. Normally a good Nattorei counter, forcing a weak Gyro ball, AND a SE hammer arm, which weaken's Natt's Gyro ball even further...

Doryuuzu @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Rapid Spin

Balloon Dory, I chose Rapid Spin and X-scissor for both Coverage and support. If you can find a Pokemon that ca Spin, AND fits well on my team, I will swap Spin for SD

Here, I found that 68 speed EV's actually makes it faster than a +0 Ninjask! (not that one would switch in to me however) - but I'm not sure about things like +1 or +2 Kingdra, so I made 120 Speed EV's just in case...

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Recover

Storm Drain is a life preserver on my team. without it, I'd be lost... Gastrodon also carries Ice beam's to take care of Randorosu and Gliscor. (and unsuspecting Dragons)

Most of the time, people Think Gastrodon is set-up bait, especially Dragon Dancers... That's when I Ice-beam them!!!

Things Viable for change

NOT Gastrodon, NOT Tyranitar, and NOT Doryuuzu... other than that it's free game.
I think that Goruugo is my most viable option to change, as now that the metagame has developed a bit more, the only thing he does is counter Nattorei, which, wuite frankly, Heatran does better (when he's alive)​

I was not 100% sure of T-tar's set, so I decided to stay with Boah. Please suggest a good set here.​

Counters

these are my known counters​

Burungeru - Mr. Pringles stalls out my team, and Gastrodon is my only check. Burungeru's that carry Toxic or Will-o-wisp (AKA - all of them) defeat me without batting an eyelid.​

Politoed - Politoed is the weilder of Drizzle, and requires a lot of switching to beat. whenever I battle against a rain team, I dance around, switching Back and forth, trying to predict their Status moves, and deadly Water-type attacks, while STILL trying to find a loophole for Tyranitar to get in, alive. Although, once I DO beat Politoed (he's not that bulky BTW) I pretty much win the match.​

Grass/Fighting Legendary (I forget it's name) - This thing is my worst nightmare. My only hope is a well timed explosion from Randorosu. anything else and it hits me with Leaf blade or Holy Sword, OHKOing me...​

Poison Heal Gliscor - This doesn't neccisarilly sweep me, but the only thing I can do is send in Gastrodon and try to get in an Ice Beam. When Gliscor carries Taunt, however, I can't recover from one of it's powerful Earthquakes (a definate 3HKO - and a chance to 2HKO)​

Please keep Gastrodon, Doryuuzu and Tyranitar on my team! You can play with their movepools, but they have to stay there...​

well that's my RMT - I came here knowing I had too many counters, and hoping to find something to check them.​

5 pokemon weak to water? Jesus Christ dude you're asking for it. You're only thing that can take water attacks can't do anything BACK to them. Get a Nattorei.

...Goruggo can learn Fly?

You are incredibly water-weak. Try slapping a Nattorei there to see if it is enough to fix your hydro-problems.

...Goruggo can learn Fly?
Incredibly enough, Goruggo can in fact learn Fly. Try to imagine a flying Golem soaring across the blue sky...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)