Dusknoir (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 255 HP / 32 Atk / 220 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

1: Please provide a description of the team and a detailed description of what each member does to contribute to your team.

2: 255 is a waste of 3 EVs, which you could use the extra to add one point to another stat (for example, leave Infernape with 252 Sp. Atk and 252 Speed, with another 4 into HP. Better to have a useless stat point than a useless 6 EVs).

Anyway, from what I can tell, you're still new to the game. I'll go through each member.

Infernape: Change the speed to 192-200 EVs and divide the rest among the offenses. Change nature to Naive (won't be taking any special priority anyway). Also, with Infernape leads, they are sash'd and carry Fake Out, but they also carry Stealth Rock. I'd consider this since you have nothing else that can set it.

Lucario: Unsure of how to use it, I've never used a special Lucario without Nasty Plot.

Machamp: Fine as is.

Breloom: Change Facade to Focus Punch. An extremely powerful STAB attack will do you more good than Facade.

Toxicroak: Definitely don't know what to do, never seen a Toxicroak outside of rain. Seems fine.

Dusknoir: Not sure what to change, although you could consider Shadow Sneak for a little priority vs. Gengar which outspeeds everything you have and Machamp can't exactly switch in.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As Crona said, you really do need to have descriptions of each Pokemon just so that we have an idea of what each does. That said, I'll try to help as much as I can.

First, the standard lead Infernape has Fire Blast, Close Combat, Fake Out and Stealth Rock. Vacuum Wave is not useful in this position as Fake Out already breaks Focus Sashes. A better EV layout would be 64 Att / 252 SpAtt / 192 Speed, as this outspeeds base 100 Pokemon in the lead position, namely Celebi.

Expert Belt is not a useful item on Lucario as it really requires the extra power of a Life Orb to break through its common counters. Also change Dragon Pulse to Hidden Power Ice, as this gives better coverage on Gliscor and Flygon, two of its greatest threats.

This Machamp set is designed for the lead position, as its EVs are tailored towards beating other common leads. It would be more useful to use a SubChamp set, as this allows it to beat Rotom-A and Zapdos a majority of the time. It also makes it harder for it to be revenge killed.

Breloom looks fine, just change Facade to Focus Punch.

Toxicroak also looks good, just swap Thunder Punch with Ice Punch.

Dusknoir looks good as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)