Gen 1 - A Forgotten Beast

Hello guys I'm Far East Movements maybe some of you guys already know me in the server i've been playing Stadium/Gen 1 since 3 months ago. its fun although the strategy is a little bit difficult (like Paralyze can increase Critical Hit chance to a pokemons) and i laddered well in PO Server so i want to share some team here to be rated by you guys who maybe pro at this tier so this is the team

THE TEAM

Golem (F) @ (No Item)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
This pokemon is crucial in the Metagame it destroy Tauros (if Blizzard fails) and it wrecks other Ground Rock types such as Rhydon that will tear my team into pieces. Golem can works as Parylizing opponents with Body Slam so i got many Crit boost, Explosion is good to kill Chansey that brought Thunderwave with it

Strategy:
Keep Golem alive as long as posible until Rhydon/Golem 's opponent fainted if Golem is dead nothing i can do except predicting opponents move and predict the worst

Zapdos @ (No Item)
- Substitute
- Sky Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck
Yeah Sky Attack gimmick is awesome it doesnt need to be charge (sometimes) so it attack directly to opponents. i use Zapdos to kill Exeggutor. with sub i can easily attacks opponents team in KO if Ground Rocks were dead.

Strategy:
DON'T YOU EVER SWITCH pokemon to Zapdos if Ground Rocks pokemon still up (if u can predict those pokemon well so its your choice). if you're scared that Starmie would likely use Blizzard to you, you can save switch to Chansey and Thunder Wave it and Switch to zapdos again to kill it.

Starmie @ (No Item)
- Thunder Wave

- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Recover
Now a set up Thunder Wave mons for Crit Boost. this guy just rocks the metagame. blizzard OHKO's both Golem and Rhydon (Zapdos too) with perfect combination of Recover makes this guy so Scary. Thunderbolt is for threatens other Starmie

Strategy:
If blizzard fail its ok try it again if i face Rhydon or Golem because it threatens the team, i dont want Starmie to die sooner so i keep it alive to evade any further Water mons and Ground mons

Chansey (F) @ (No Item)
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
Cool now i have Special Defense bulk in the team, Ice beam is for Zapdos, Golem, and Rhydon, this guy is so annoying when it comes to Thunder Waving the opponents because many Stadium teams uses Special Sweepers like Alakazam and Exeggutor.

Strategy:
Cool Strategy if u can evade the Gimmicky Sky Attack Zapdos and change to Golem to kill it. Thunder waving it should be good too so starmie can abuse Blizzard and totally owned

Exeggutor (M) @ (No Item)
- Mega Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Explosion
Mega Drain? he doesnt learn mega drain until 5th Gen!? but in 1st gen its a different story. he's a good anti Rhydon, with Mega Drain brings a Recovery to him so he doesnt die earlier. Explosion function is to kill chansey to so he cant set up Thunder Wave soon

Strategy:
Use SLEEP POWDER FIRST! then the other move but when he got low HP just use explosion for cool Chansey death.

Tauros (M) @ (No Item)
- Blizzard

- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
Epic bull with Blizzard lol it surprises Exeguttor so he wouldn't set up Sleep Powder no more. Double-Edge is a very powerfull STAB it can kill Chansey with just 2HKO he's so amazing with 298 Atk

Strategy:
Blizzard for Ground Rocks Rhydon i hate em all Earthquake if you want a funny effect on opponents team, dont woryif you face chansey, just hit it with Double Edge and he's no more

So thats it guys! the end of the RMT, im sorry if this post is too short :) im not good at writing post and my English maybe bad in this post im really sorry XD (im indonesian), oh yeah Importable for Stealers :3

IMPORTABLE
Golem (F) @ (No Item) - Earthquake
- Explosion
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide

Zapdos @ (No Item)
- Substitute
- Sky Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Drill Peck

Starmie @ (No Item)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Recover

Chansey (F) @ (No Item)
- Ice Beam
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

Exeggutor (M) @ (No Item)
- Mega Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Psychic
- Explosion

Tauros (M) @ (No Item)
- Blizzard
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge

Hi, decent team you have here.

I'm not too familiar with Gen I, so I'll be brief. My one big problem is the lack of Hyper Beam on Tauros. A 150 BP STAB move that doesn't need recharging on a KO is one of the best reasons to use him. I'd run it over Double Edge, since Body Slam has much more utility and the extra 30 BP Hyper beam provides is significant.

I would also consider getting rid of Sky Attack on Zapdos. As you said, it's pretty gimmicky and situational, so it's kind of a waste of a moveslot. Better options include Agility, Rest, Mimic, and Hyper Beam. Substitute is an interesting choice as well, but at least it protects you from status. However, Thunder Wave may be more useful overall.

Have fun, and good luck!

Hi, decent team you have here.

I'm not too familiar with Gen I, so I'll be brief. My one big problem is the lack of Hyper Beam on Tauros. A 150 BP STAB move that doesn't need recharging on a KO is one of the best reasons to use him. I'd run it over Double Edge, since Body Slam has much more utility and the extra 30 BP Hyper beam provides is significant.

I would also consider getting rid of Sky Attack on Zapdos. As you said, it's pretty gimmicky and situational, so it's kind of a waste of a moveslot. Better options include Agility, Rest, Mimic, and Hyper Beam. Substitute is an interesting choice as well, but at least it protects you from status. However, Thunder Wave may be more useful overall.

Have fun, and good luck!
Ah thanks for the comment :) i like the idea of puting Hyper Beam instead of Double edge it's kinda good. about the sky attack hmm.. im gonna test it for a while because im not really sure about agility on Zapdos because i cant kill Exeggutor that is really an annoying one but i'll try :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)