Fusion Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggron / Garchomp and Metagross / Pinsir are missing from that list. I'm on phone so can you edit them in ?
Done. Sorry about that!

Anyway, my votes:

Swampert/Klinklang
Zapdos/Exeggutor
Flareon/Chesnaught
Snorlax/Feraligatr
Bastiodon/Slowking
Hydreigon/Heatran
Manaphy/Tyranitar
Sableye/Lopunny
Heatran/Breloom
Azumarill/Swampert

Machamp/Deoxys-S
Flareon/Chesnaught
Keldeo/Pidgeot
Wigglytuff/Azumarill
Zapdos/Exeggutor
Tauros/Deoxys-A
Sableye/Lopunny
Arcanine/Diancie
Clawitzer/Carracosta
Pinsir/Gliscor

Swampert/Klinklang
Cryogonal/Victini
Heatran/Breloom
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Banette/Gardevoir
Rapidash/Mew
Sableye/Hitmontop
Malamar/Gyarados
Sableye/Mr. Mime
Weezing/Castform

Only listing fusions that already have votes cast for them. If it's not on here, either I missed it or you could be the first to get it in the running! There's still plenty of time, friend.
Swampert/Klinklang - 4
Sableye/Lopunny - 3
Hydreigon/Heatran - 3
Bastiodon/Slowking - 3
Heatran/Breloom - 3
Hawlucha/Hariyama - 3
Zapdos/Exeggutor - 2
Latios/Luxray - 2
Yanmega/Volbeat - 2
Machamp/Deoxys-S - 2
Flareon/Chesnaught - 2
Manaphy/Tyranitar - 2
Azumarill/Swampert - 2
Genesect/Aegislash - 2
Houndoom/Cobalion - 2
Banette/Gardevoir - 2
Keldeo/Pidgeot - 2
Weezing/Castform - 2
Sableye/Mr. Mime - 2
Kecleon/Diggersby - 1
Shaymin-S/Druddigon - 1
Snorlax/Feraligatr - 1
Floatzel/Primeape - 1
Tauros/Deoxys-A - 1
Arcanine/Diancie - 1
Malamar/Genesect - 1
Banette/Eelektross - 1
Pinsir/Gliscor - 1
Conkeldurr/Pangoro - 1
Clawitzer/Carracosta - 1
Genesect/Heatran - 1
Magmortar/Lucario - 1
Aggron/Blastoise - 1
Smeargle/Slaking - 1
Banette/Deoxys-A - 1
Weezing/Gardevoir - 1
Slaking/Lopunny - 1
Blissey/Cresselia - 1
Wigglytuff/Azumarill - 1
Cryogonal/Victini - 1
Rapidash/Mew - 1
Sableye/Hitmontop - 1
Malamar/Gyarados - 1

Last edited:
Genesect/Aegislash
Sableye/Mr. Mime
Aggron/Garchomp
Weezing/Castform
Haxorus/Golurk
Bastiodon/Slowking
Swampert/Klinklang
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Hydreigon/Heatran

Flareon/Chesnaught

picksome

Banned deucer.
Vote Sylveon/Pyroar!!!!
Genesect/Aegislash
Sylveon/Pyroar
Aggron/Garchomp
Weezing/Castform
Haxorus/Golurk
Scizor/Darkrai
Swampert/Klinklang
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Hydreigon/Heatran

Flareon/Chesnaught

Last edited:
Weezing/Castform (Both one of mine and it would be a very interesting Pokemon in game-play)
Banette/Deoxys-A (One of mine and here comes the power!!!)
Shedinja/Spiritomb (last one of mine, plus that stalling thou)
Hawlucha/Hariyama (cool and powerful)
Cryogonal/Victini (the coverage)
Alakazam/Darkria (even more power, mega probably going to get banned)
Zapdos/Pidgeot (100% Zap Cannon)
Metagross / Landorus-Therian (The normal ability thou)
Pinsir/Gliscor (Just the SD sweeping)
Swampert/Klinklang (Swank 0-0)

EV

Banned deucer.
Tauros/Deoxys-A
Kyurem/Lucario
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Zapdos/Exeggutor
Alakazam/Darkrai
Houndoom/Cobalion
Pinsir/Metagross
Charizard/Hydreigon
Sylveon/Pyroar
Cryogonal/Victini

Swampert/Klinklang
Sylveon/Pyroar
Sableye/Lopunny
Heatran/Breloom
Rapidash/Mew
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Yanmega/Volbeat
Cryogonal/Victini
Pinsir/Gliscor
Weezing/Castform

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Before I post my votes I need you to clarify something Tetraplex:

"(Guts + Unburden) Clean Match - Pokemon not holding an item have their attack and speed increased by 50%. This ability's bonus does not stack with other abilities derived from or named Guts or Unburden."

So does it affect both sides ?

Before I post my votes I need you to clarify something Tetraplex:So does it affect both sides ?
I had intended it to, since I assumed both buffs at once would be slightly overpowered if it only affected Luchayama, but if you or others disagree with that assessment I would actually prefer it only work on the ability's user, like both base abilities.

Actually, now that I look at it again, no. It shouldn't affect both sides. Going back and clarifying now.

Last edited:

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Well I'd understand the reasoning behind the power of the ability but its just that it doesn't seem to quite fit with the descs of the inherited abilities, so yeah.

Anyway...

Azumarill / Swampert
Manaphy / Tyranitar
Genesect / Aegislash
Alakazam / Darkrai
Metagross / Pinsir
Aggron / Garchomp
Latios / Luxray
Diancie / Staraptor
Houndoom / Cobalion
Zapdos / Exeggcutor

There were so many fusions I liked this round that I literally have an alternative list of 7 mons for voting. Looking through all of them took a while but proved to be interesting!

Last edited:
Well I'd understand the reasoning behind the power of the ability but its just that it doesn't seem to quite fit with the descs of the inherited abilities, so yeah.
I changed it, but yeah it's a bit of a stretch I guess.

Swampert/Klinklang - 8 votes
Hawlucha/Hariyama - 8 votes
Weezing/Castform - 7 votes
Sableye/Lopunny - 6 votes
Hydreigon/Heatran - 5 votes
Genesect/Aegislash - 5 votes
Heatran/Breloom - 5 votes
Bastiodon/Slowking - 5 votes
Sableye/Mr. Mime - 5 votes
Cryogonal/Victini - 5 votes

Last edited:
Heatran/Breloom
Rapidash/Mew
Bastiodon/Slowking
Golurk/Haxorus
Sableye/Mr. Mime
Cryogonal/Victini
Yanmega/Volbeat
Banette/Gardevoir
Weezing/Castform
Sableye/Lopunny

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SpartanMalice did you also remembered my votes? Or do I have to post in here, if so, I don't
Mind.

Edit: Don't worry I'll edit them in

Here are my votes

VOT FOR MR.MIME/SABLEYE!!!!

S'harpedo/Darkrai
Manaphy/Tyranitar
Thundurus/Shaymin-S
Mandibuzz/Crobat
Keldeo/Pidgeot
Conkeldurr/Pangoro
Zapdos/Exegguter
Sableye/Mr. Mime
Cressilia/Slowbro
Furfrou/Quagsire

Last edited:
So, here we go!

Yanmega/Volbeat
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Sableye/Mr. Mime
Sableye/Lopunny
Victini/Cryogonal
Pinsir/Gliscor
Banette/Eelektross
Zapdos/Exeggcutor
Haxorus/Golurk
Cresselia/Slowbro

canno

formerly The Reptile
Snorlax/Feraligatr
Aegislash/Celebi
Wigglytuff/Azumarill
Zygarde/Kecleon
Diancie/Staraptor
Bastiodon/Slowking
Kecleon/Diggersby
Hawlucha/Hariyama
Latios/Luxray
Houndoom/Cobalion

EV

Banned deucer.
WINNERS:

Parents: Hawlucha and Hariyama
Shared Egg Group: Human-like
Offspring Name: Lucharama
New Type: Fighting / Flying
New Base Stats: 121 / 116 / 77 / 67 / 71 / 94
New Ability and Desc: (Guts + Unburden) Clean Match - Pokemon not holding an item have their attack and speed increased by 50%. This ability's bonus does not stack with other abilities derived from or named Guts or Unburden.
Notable Moves:
Role Description:
Wow, those stats look pretty awful. Until it does Hawlucha's favorite Gem/Berry+Acrobatics trick, at which point that Acrobatics is hitting off of a 174 base attack and its speed has shot up to 141. This lumbering luchador loves going up against dirty fighters, because knock off only improves it, and with its alright 121/77/71 defensive spread it can certainly take that hit. While there are definitely faster options, many of them are megas, whereas Lucharama leaves your mega spot open for one of Chopin's horrifying abominations. Personally, I'd like to try a Sitrus Drum set with this thing, as unlike Hariyama, it actually has the speed and power to back its health up, as well as recovery in the form of roost.

DNA Donors: Swampert and Klinklang
Offspring name:Swank
New type: Water/Steel
New base stats: 85/125/105/80/90/81
New ability and desc: Torrent + Plus = Positive Growth: When this Pokemon's health is low, it gains a 50% boost to its Sp. Atk stat.
Notable moves: Flash Cannon, Gear Grind, Aqua Tail, Hydro Pump, Scald, Waterfall, Discharge, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Ice Beam, Ice Punch, Sludge Wave, Stone Edge, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Wild Charge, Rain Dance, Rest, Rock Polish, Shift Gear, Sleep Talk, Stealth Rock, Thunder WaveRole identification: A Pokemon with a unique niche, Swank is a physical heavy hitter that, upon nearing death, suddenly becomes a surprisingly powerful special attacker. With a fairly decent movepool to back both of these offensive strategies up, Swank can probably find a place on certain teams. I for one can foresee Swanks with Focus Sash and Shift Gear/Rock Polish so they're guaranteed a turn of set up before laying waste with either an impressive 125 base Attack or a post-Sash effective 120 Sp. Atk. Honestly, you're probably still going to want to run this thing physically, but a mixed attacker has value too. But if we're being truthful, Swank is probably outclassed by other things. Until you Mega Evolve it, anyway.

DNA Donors: Mega Swampert and Klinklang
Offspring name: Mega Swank
New type: Water/Steel
New base stats: 85/165/125/90/110/91
New ability and desc: Swift Swim
Notable moves: Aqua Tail, Waterfall, Gear Grind, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Stone Edge, Wild Charge, Rain Dance, Rest, Rock Polish, Shift Gear, Sleep Talk, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave
Role identification: Now we're talking. With boosted defenses, a phenomenal 165 Atk, and Swift Swim, Mega Swank is a much tougher customer than its base form. Hell, it can even take a hit from Hazard X and come up standing, and after only one Shift Gear, it can easily outspeed Hazard AND is guaranteed a 2HKO on the beast via either Waterfall or Earthquake. If Rain is already up, you don't even need to bother with the Shift Gear, just start laying into 'em with Waterfall. The one real issue with it is its lack of recovery outside of Rest, so it would really enjoy some kind of cleric support.

Parents: Weezing + Castform
Shared egg group: Amorphous
Offspring name: Casting
New type:
Poison/Normal
New base stats: 78/90/105/88/80/75
New ability and desc: Monsoon (Levitate + Forecast) Weather causes secondary typing (except Sandstorm) to change according to the weather (Poison/Fire in Sun, for example), when weather is active, it gains immunity it Ground.
Notable moves: Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Weather Ball, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Blizzard, Sludge Bomb, Clear Smog, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Hurricane, Will-o-Wisp
Role identification:

The new weather abuser, it has the ability to fit into any weather team (even sandstorm, with safety googles), it has a good stall abilities and status inflicting moves, its Sun form is the best for Casting because it gets immunity to its only 4x weakness.

Parents : Sableye and Mr.Mime
Shared Egg Group : Human-Like
Offspring : Sablemimez
New Type : Ghost/Fairy
Stats :55/70/80/92/102/80
New Ability and Desc : (Stall + Filter) Slow 'n' Steady: This Pokemon takes 1/2 damage from attacks if it moves last
Notable Moves : Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Knock Off, Will o Wisp, Thunder Wave(lol), Metal Burst, Counter(Y no Mirrior Coat?), Recover, Fake Out, Trick Room, Icy Wind(lol), Thunderbolt, Psyshock, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Encore, Taunt, Heal Bell,
Role Identification : While Sablemimez might not look bulky, all one has to do is to look at its ability and scream in terror. Slow 'n' Steady allows it act as a potent special wall, as long as its slower. It has a ton of options to support your team: Encore punishes setup sweepers, Heal Bell makes it act as a cleric, Recover gives it reliable recovery, while Pain Split allows it to prey on the high HP pokemon, Taunt shuts down slow walls, and it can supply Dual Screen support for set up sweepers. While it can set up on its own, its stats and ability just makes it to good of a wall/Tank. Its a very selfsufficient Pokemon that does excellent as is, but it actually jhas a mega.

Parents : *Mega
Offspring : Mega Sablemimez
Typing : Ghost/Fairy
Ability : Magic Bounce
Stats : 55/80/130/112/152/50
Notable Moves : All mentioned above
Role Identification : Special Tank here we come! Mega Sablemimez is a straight up improvement of Mega Sableye. Sporting an agruably better defensive typing that gives it THREE natural immunities, Mega Sablemimez has a TON of switch in oppurtunities, to come in and wreck shit. It can do all of the roles stated above arguably the same way, as the boost in stats makes up for its loss of Slow 'n' Steady. What Mega Sablemimez has an advantage in is a CM set, due to better SpA stat. Its dual STABS have great (abeit weak) coverage, allowing it to sweep after getting boosts. Stall just got a shiny new tool, and Da Mimez has never been prouder.

DNA Donors: Genesect + Aegilash
Shared Egg Group:
Human-like
Offspring Name: Aegilene
New typing: Steel/Bug
New base stats: 65/85/132/85/132/99 (+10 Def, +10 SDef, +20 Speed)
Blade Form: 65/132/85/132/85/99
New Ability + description: Error Macro = Constant changing of its Stance led to an Error which involved changing the category of moves. So now U-turn hits off Special Attack, Flamethrower hits off Attack, etc. In addition to this, it keeps Stance Change's mechanics because it seemed pointless giving this ability to a defensive mon, among all these powerhouses.
Notable moves:
Brick Break, Destiny Bond, Facade, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Head Smash, Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Iron Defense, Iron Head, King's Shield, Magnet Rise, Night Slash, Pursuit, Rock Slide, Sacred Sword,Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, Toxic, Blaze Kick, Blizzard, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz, Charge Beam (LEL), Dark Pulse,Explosion, Extreme Speed, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, Giga Drain, Gravity, Gunk Shot, Hidden Power, Hone Claws, Ice Beam, Infestation, Light Screen, Psychic, Shift Gear, Signal Beam,Techno Blast, Thunder, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, U-turn, X-Scissor, Zen Headbutt
Role identification: Not as borked as Darkazam I hope. This has a semi-unique niche in a meta full of powerhouses - it also has the added bonus of not taking up your mega slot, something most fusers seem to forget! Imagine Shift Gear with physical Flamethrower and BoltBeam, or scarfed special U-turn! Hidden Power is probably not that useful, but the odd physical coverage helps out sometimes I guess.

Parents: Houndoom / Cobalion
Shared Egg Group: DNA
Offspring Name: Houndlion
Typing: Dark / Steel
Stats: 83 / 90 / 98 / 120 / 76 / 112 (+11 Speed, +20 Special Attack, +9 Defense)
New Ability and Desc: Justified Fire (Justified + Flash Fire): Raises user's Special Attack when hit with a Fire-type attack. Grants immunity to Fire.
Notable Moves: Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp
Role Identification: Meet the ultimate pivot! Switch into a Fire attack with impunity, grab a +1, and threaten with a strong STAB attack or Volt Switch out. Can work as a lead too.

Parents: Houndoom / Cobalion
Shared Egg Group: DNA
Offspring Name: Mega Houndlion
Typing: Dark / Steel
Stats: 83 / 90 / 138 / 150 / 86 / 132
New Ability and Desc: Solar Power
Notable Moves: Dark Pulse, Flash Cannon, Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, Volt Switch, Focus Blast, Stealth Rock, Taunt, Will-O-Wisp
Role Identification: Imagine nabbing a Justified Fire boost before mega evolving in the sun and then blasting away with +2.25! It's pretty fast, strong even without an item, and has nice coverage.

Parents: Sableye + Lopunny
Shared Egg Group: Human-Like
Offspring Name: Loppeye the Sailor Man
New Typing: Ghost/Normal
Base Stats: 67/85/89/69/91/87 [BST: 488]
New Ability and Desc: Stall + Cute Charm = Late Bloomer: Has a 30% chance of infatuating the opponent at the end of its turn if it moves last.
Notable Moves: Hyper Voice, Return, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Circle Throw, Power-Up Punch, Counter, Mirror Coat, Recover, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Taunt, Encore, Magic Coat, Trick/Switcheroo
Role Identification: The bad news is that, on its own, Loppeye is a rather mediocre fusion. Its best bet is going the support route, and it does have a few things going for it in that regard, namely a wide support movepool, pretty decent speed, and a good defensive type. However, its ability is reliant on it going second, and its bulk is average at best.

The good news is that it has not one but two mega evolutions that let it fill two very distinct roles!

Parents: [MEGA]
Shared Egg Group: [MEGA]
Offspring Name: Mega Loppeye X
New Typing: Ghost/Normal
Base Stats: 67/95/139/89/141/57 [BST: 588]
New Ability and Desc: Late Bloomer --> Magic Bounce
Notable Moves: Fake Out, Hyper Voice, Return, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, Night Shade, Knock Off, Foul Play, Snarl, Circle Throw, Power-Up Punch, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Power Gem, Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, Recover, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Nasty Plot, Taunt, Encore, Baton Pass
Role Identification: Functions largely the same as Mega Sableye, though it boasts even better defenses, an arguably just-as-good defensive typing, and far better speed. Sure, it's still pretty slow, but 57 isn't that bad for a defensive mon.

Furthermore, it also gets an impressive set of defensive/support options from its other parent, including Healing Wish, Encore, Thunder Wave, Circle Throw and Mirror Coat. It should be noted that it gets both Counter and Mirror Coat, plus reliable recovery on top of that, so it's capable of using those moves more than once over the course of the battle.

So that's if you want to go defensive. If you want to go offensive...

Parents: [MEGA]
Shared Egg Group: [MEGA]
Offspring Name: Mega Loppeye Y
New Typing: Ghost/Fighting
Base Stats: 67/145/99/69/91/117 [BST: 588]
New Ability and Desc: Late Bloomer --> Scrappy
Notable Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Drain Punch, Low Kick, Power-Up Punch, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Elemental Punches, Recover, Iron Tail, Poison Jab, Zen Headbutt, Fake Out, Healing Wish, Will-o-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Taunt, Encore, Baton Pass, Magic Coat
Role Identification: A very threatening offensive mon. Though not as fast as Mega Lopunny, it boasts a higher attack stat, and it has that dank Ghost/Fighting typing that everyone loves, plus STAB priority in the form of Shadow Sneak. If you want to play more conservatively, it also has reliable recovery, and more than a few support options, but you're generally going to want to play to its strengths and invest fully in attack and speed, enabling it to hit just about everything as fast and hard as possible.

Parents: Bastiodon + Slowking
Shared Egg Group: Monster
Offspring Name: Bastioking
New typing: Water/Steel
New base stats: 88/74/134/84/134/40 (554 BST)
New Ability + description: Sturdy + Own Tempo = Sturdy Tempo (Sturdy + Own Tempo effects)
Notable moves: Scald, Metal Burst, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Slack Off, Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Flamethower/Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Surf, Earth Power, Magic Coat, Disable, Focus Blast, Trick Room, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Thunder Wave, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, Yawn
Role identification: On one hand, Bastioking can pull off a wall set rather easily with its excellent 88/134/134 defenses and wonderful typing. On the other, Bastioking can try its hand at a bulky Nasty Plot set, or even attempt to use Trick Room. Plus, reliable recovery! The downside is you don't have much in the way of offensive stats.

To do:
  1. Analyze these abilities. Are they balanced? Can they be better?
  2. Help find the best moveset for them based on their new roles. Should it boost its Attack first? Is it a team supporter? Choose wisely: you only have four moves to pick per Pokemon.
  3. Try to guess any checks or counters we might run into later, and if possible, see if one of the other fusions would make a good teammate to get past these counters.
  4. To expand on #3, which of these Pokemon can check/counter the earlier slates? How would they fit together on a team? How would they support each other?

Thanks for reading! And yes, I'm Eevee General.

It should be noted that my fusion's name was Luchama, and that I went back and changed its ability to only affect itself. That aside, initial impressions. I basically only pick my fusions for the ability I can give them, so I'll leave Luchama to you guys to discuss.

Sun teams are going to be a prevalent threat in this meta, at least early on. With powerhouses like Hazard and support mons like Maladuck and Casting, I have to wonder what's going to provide a check for all that firepower.

I'm probably more worried about Aegilene than I should be, but it's certainly unique. It's got a physical Hidden Power, so that's neat. The ability seems fair, if a difficult one to code.

I ran a Lopunnite Sableye set for a bit in Mix and Mega, and while it was awful, Loppeye is what I always wanted out of it. Can't wait to play around with shadow-bunny as a lead. Mega right away, bounce rocks back at them, the circle throw them into their own rocks? Yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)