Fulgrate Art thread.

I went to sleep last night, and like a few minutes after I close my eyes and was nearly asleep, I see this: :catpek

{The necklace was suppose to be a chain necklace with a money sign in the "vision" or whatever you want to call those images that show up under your eyelids, so I changed it to a ring necklace since the original necklace is too...gangsta?}

:catfishI'm forced to wake up and draw what I saw before I forget. :catroll It's not even a main character or even my fave character and yet, she shows up the most in these "visions". :catslam

Anyway, I decided to just try to figure out her colors already, while giving her the usual uniform she wears in the series[The above attire kind of reminds of those chapter cover pages in action manga where the character is dressed in clothes they would never wear in the series, such as in OP or Bleach], I couldn't tell if her hair was pink or purple, so I tried both. Lavender skin is just an option of if I want to have variety of skin colors in this series.

Alternate colors, I'm leaning towards pink rather than purple hair. Still trying to decide.

Lavender skin is just an option of if I want to have variety of skin colors in this series.

EDIT: So does anybody see like random, vivid images when they close their eyes? And the only reason I mention it is because it wasn't this prominent before.
:catface
Some stuff I draw randomly and are planned, other stuff, I draw because I saw it in my mind or when I closed my eyes. Like closing my eyes acts like an random art generator(but using characters I already made, but putting them in random situations or poses)
:catroll

The other day, I heard people talking about it, and a guy was saying he can't visualize stuff when he closes his eyes, that he can only think in abstract or something. Maybe I should google this or something, but I wanted to ask if anybody else is having stuff like this happen?
:cat

Last edited:
Fae with her Plasma sabre.

Then it got me wondering, "Plasma" isn't an element, it's a state of matter, so now I had to figure out what "element" her plasma blade is, I ended up making this chart, and instead of 4 states of matter, I ended up with 6 to try to explain some of the other "elements" like dark and holy. Although, I might modify it down to 5 or even increase it to 7, with some state of matter between solid and gas as a "neutral" state that would explain stuff like Ki and Magic better. It's a fictional system so I'm not gonna try to have it replicate true physics or anything, but more to make sense for "game balance" and stuff.

I still haven't figured out what element her plasma blade is, most likely Ion or Solar(although I was gonna call it ion or crimsom), or I might add another base element to the chart and have her blade be the plasma state of it.

I just realized, I could probably just have the state of matters loop back on themselves to fill out the ones missing states of matter, and probably just reduce it down to 5, if I keep the 6 or even make it 7, the odd 3 have to behave differently from the other 4 known states. Darn Pseudo-Fantasy science poop thing. :psygrump:

I was reading up on how to make arrows from scratch and I blinked and saw a stereotypical Elf Archer character design.
:catlewd
A bit of redesigning should improve it though, I don't know if it's an antagonist or an ally or something.
:catprotecc

The only reason I was reading up on it was that I got to shoot 12 arrows with a real bow at a medieval-ish fair yesterday(despite the fact I haven't ever been formally trained, and only have knowledge from books on archery I used to spend hours reading as a kid, anyways, my final few shots where near perfect, and surprised some people nearby lol.)
:catshivers
(All I got is a composite bow that I've owned for years, but no arrows left, but yesterday was the first time I show in a range lol, instead of randomly shooting arrows into a field).
:catball

:cat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)