Strategy & Metagame From NU to OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The title of this thread isn't great. I'll think of something much better if I'm allowed to write this article.

I want to talk about Pokemon who ended Gen 5 in NU but are almost certainly going to be OU at the beginning of Gen 6 (not just viable in OU but in a lower tier, but actually in the OU tier). I'll talk about why they were NU, what changed during the generation shift to make them so much better, one of their best sets so far in Pokebank and what it dies, and why they're an OU threat. I'll discuss which roles they play, which unique niches they have, why they're not outclassed anymore, etc.

There are several mons that fit this critera actually. I'm going to talk about things like Kang, Pinsir, Mandibuzz, Charizard, maybe Scolipede/Mawile, etc.

As far as like credentials and stuff go, I've used all of these Pokemon on my teams before. Some of you may know me from Showdown. I'm Room Owner of the OU room, and I've written articles before.

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I'd be cool with the idea of NU Pokemon being discussed in this way, we already have an article in progress that is covering the mega evolutions, and many of the best mega evolutions in OU were actually NU mons. While Buzz/Scolipede have a point, it's not really enough to just write about them, and you can't just write about the others without intruding on the other article. If you have another angle though you could possibly take, I'd be a bit more open to that, but as it is, the two would just clash. Sorry. :(

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I'd be cool with the idea of NU Pokemon being discussed in this way, we already have an article in progress that is covering the mega evolutions, and many of the best mega evolutions in OU were actually NU mons. While Buzz/Scolipede have a point, it's not really enough to just write about them, and you can't just write about the others without intruding on the other article. If you have another angle though you could possibly take, I'd be a bit more open to that, but as it is, the two would just clash. Sorry. :(
Yeah, I totally expected that, don't worry! I can't see the Workshop so I have no idea which articles are in progress, but I would've bet money there was already an article on megas lol. No worries! Thanks.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be locking this. If you come up with a cool idea, feel free to pitch again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)