Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

Chansey shouldn't wall rain, most rain teams run at least one physical attacker such as Mega Scizor. The principle I was thinking about was to run multiple rain breakers and have Kingdra and Aruqanid overwhelm each other's checks and counters. I'm still new to battle spot though and usually play 6v6 singles so maybe that principle is more useful and needed there

ya that's more like it, honestly you deal with a playstyle's checks with bringing what you think will beat it in team preview, 1/3 of your team being the same role is fine in 6v6 if you know what you're doing, but it's a bit more overwhelming to have 2/3 of your team doing the exact same thing, with pelipper on there as well. it's basically lending your way to getting solo'd by something, and even if you don't get full 3-0'd by something that's good against rain e.g. fini, bulu; you'll end up being in a really disadvantageous position

Yeah that makes sense. Side note, Z-Hypnosis Xurkitree, Pelipper, and Kingdra is killing it on battlespot right now. Nobody seems to prepares for rain

What's the best Porygon2 set? I see Porygon2 all the time, but no idea how to use it besides Eviolite.
Try this

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download / Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Toxic

Anyway there are even a spdef set and an offenisve set and theh are goos too.depends on your team.

Even the evs spread can be different, like 244 hp 252 def and 12 spe

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
What's the benefit of Download over Trace?
Download is useful on more offensive variants of Porygon2, or variants that want to make more use of Porygon2's movepool to actually threaten stuff at times. Trace is very good but it doesn't give Porygon2 offensive utility in most cases, so some people prefer giving it a possibility of gaining some offensive presence. Even without investment a +1 Ice Beam or Thunderbolt is still doing decent damage and this is useful for dealing with offensive threats more efficiently.

K, so, something like this then?

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Nature: Bold
EVs: 244 HP/252 Def/16 SpDef
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover
~ Shadow Ball

What's the benefit of Download over Trace?
Well, Download gives you a boost (which is never bad) so you can have a sure ohko on MMence with Ice beam (without boost it is 56% of OHKO, that is not bad but better be sure than repented), more damage on Aegislash with SBall (but you have to get the boost before).
On Offensive Porygon2 it works great.

Trace is mostly for circumstances, for example you can use an Intimidate against the opponent, switch on Flash Fire users and so.
Download used to be better anyway.

EDIT: Ops, you guys are so fast lol

Hi everyone, Im quite new to BSS but can't seem to get a team or build a team that works. I was hoping someone would be able to help me build or give me one with a good starting point! thankyou.

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and work on SRing an HP Fire Tapu Lele. I've been looking around on the Timid vs. Modest debate, and I haven't really seen anything beyond 'both are good'. (also the WIP Analysis seems to have been invaded by a Salamence analysis).

I'm assuming Timid lets Scarf Lele outrun basically anything since it beats out Pheromosa, while Modest simply piles on the damage (though Lele is hardly lacking in this area). The thing is I don't know if Timid helps much outside of the Scarf set, and Modest seems like it helps more in any situation where you need to hit with coverage.

I'm leaning towards Modest just because it seems like it'd be more versatile in terms of item used (possibly important due to Item Clause), but I'm curious if there's a more compelling argument for Timid.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've finally decided to bite the bullet and work on SRing an HP Fire Tapu Lele. I've been looking around on the Timid vs. Modest debate, and I haven't really seen anything beyond 'both are good'. (also the WIP Analysis seems to have been invaded by a Salamence analysis).

I'm assuming Timid lets Scarf Lele outrun basically anything since it beats out Pheromosa, while Modest simply piles on the damage (though Lele is hardly lacking in this area). The thing is I don't know if Timid helps much outside of the Scarf set, and Modest seems like it helps more in any situation where you need to hit with coverage.

I'm leaning towards Modest just because it seems like it'd be more versatile in terms of item used (possibly important due to Item Clause), but I'm curious if there's a more compelling argument for Timid.
LegoFigure11 and myself both have some free timid HP fire Lele for/from giveaways, but do not have modest yet iirc so you could aim for that if you wanted to contribute to the pool of stuff we're collecting for distribution.

Hi everyone im new to battle spot singles was wondering whats a good counter to koko i realize hes S, but hes just stomping my teams lol, also do people usually run teams like vgc where even if you arent a weather team you run kingdra to have an answer to rain?

Hi everyone im new to battle spot singles was wondering whats a good counter to koko i realize hes S, but hes just stomping my teams lol, also do people usually run teams like vgc where even if you arent a weather team you run kingdra to have an answer to rain?
To answer your question, Marowak-A, Porygon2 and Tapu Bulu are good answers to Tapu Koko

For future reference, use the Simple Question Thread for this type of question

LegoFigure11 and myself both have some free timid HP fire Lele for/from giveaways, but do not have modest yet iirc so you could aim for that if you wanted to contribute to the pool of stuff we're collecting for distribution.
Well, I managed to get a Modest HP Fire Tapu Lele (after a rocky start of Synchronize failing eight times in a row and making me think I was going insane). Currently working on maxing it out for Hyper Training. I assume the procedure here is someone takes it, clones it, and returns a copy? The only Facebook Giveaway thread I found wasn't very specific about how it's all done. I also can't imagine I'm particularly 'credible' with my low post count mostly about the Battle for Alola, though I obviously claim it's not hacked.

Anyway, I guess if you guys want to clone it for giveaway material just send me a PM (or profile message or whatever) on how to go about that.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I managed to get a Modest HP Fire Tapu Lele (after a rocky start of Synchronize failing eight times in a row and making me think I was going insane). Currently working on maxing it out for Hyper Training. I assume the procedure here is someone takes it, clones it, and returns a copy? The only Facebook Giveaway thread I found wasn't very specific about how it's all done. I also can't imagine I'm particularly 'credible' with my low post count mostly about the Battle for Alola, though I obviously claim it's not hacked.

Anyway, I guess if you guys want to clone it for giveaway material just send me a PM (or profile message or whatever) on how to go about that.
if you EV train it either lego or I could take it off your hands and level it up to 100 and hyper train for you. you should try catching us on either discord or PS.

if you EV train it either lego or I could take it off your hands and level it up to 100 and hyper train for you. you should try catching us on either discord or PS.
Apologies, Internet has been spotty lately. I've already gotten the Modest Lele both EV and Hyper Trained (except for the Pretty Good attack), so that won't be necessary. I assume it's just a matter of getting it cloned. I'll try to catch one of y'all later this evening or tomorrow. I assume I'm looking for the Battlespot room on Showdown?

http://www.pokemonbank.com/en-us/news/

"Pokémon Bank has undergone major updates and now works with Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, making it easy to transfer Pokémon from multiple copies of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon—including the downloadable versions—to a single game! You can also use it to transfer Pokémon you’ve caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

To celebrate this update, all Pokémon Banksubscribers can get a Mewnium Z, the Z-Crystal that only Mew can use. When you launch the new Pokémon Bank and receive the gift, a new Wonder Card will appear in your Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game. You can use the Mystery Gift function to claim your Mewnium Z.

Note that this gift is for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon players only. It is not available in Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby, or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Also, you can get only one Mewnium Z, even if you use Pokémon Bank with multiple Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. If you have Pokémon Bank, be sure to use the service by October 2, 2017, to get your Mewnium Z."

So THAT's how you get Mewnium Z.

Hm. Is the Psychic Terrain added before or after the Z-Move? 185 BP off of an OK base 100 attacking stat + Psychic Terrain sounds pretty solid for a nuke.

Last edited:
According to Serebii, 6000 players have been banned from the PGL due to hack. Is it possible that GF willingly delayed the release of the Bank from the start of Season 2, just to check if people used non-Alolan mons before they could legitimately used them ?
If yes, that could lead to a more safe competitive place. If no, hackers are just bad hackers.

According to Serebii, 6000 players have been banned from the PGL due to hack. Is it possible that GF willingly delayed the release of the Bank from the start of Season 2, just to check if people used non-Alolan mons before they could legitimately used them ?
If yes, that could lead to a more safe competitive place. If no, hackers are just bad hackers.
I wouldn't think about it too much. Without knowing the exact reasons of the bans it's hard to tell how good this actually is. Serebii also said on his personal twitter that he's concerned about whether these bans were good or just due to the bad hack checks. Recently a lot of legal pokemon aren't getting through 'hack checks' and that might be contributing to some of these 6,000 bans.

Regardless of what these bans were due to, I don't think it has any relation to Bank being 'delayed' or should be any sign of Gamefreak improving their hack checks in the future until we have more information.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)