First team with decent success

Hello, this is my first team and have been on shoddy for about 3 days. I've played Pokemon since yellow when it came out. Ive played for a long time and decided to try shoddy out. I had decent success being around a 1400 rating. Not sure if it's bad or good but seeing as the rating peaks at 1800, I think it's alright. Now on to the Pokemon!

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Serene Grace
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spa
Naive Nature

-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Grass Know

Jirachi is my lead. He's not your normal lead, rather he's here for the surpise effect. Most people who see a Jirachi lead expect the Trickrachi but this isn't the case. The surprise value is huge for this as he can Beat most leads barring infernape. With these moves I can score surprise hits and widdle most of the opponents team down to 50% as they keep on switching expecting me to use the same move. I handle common leads well like Aerodactyl and Azelf. I 2hko all steel types with fire punch barring Skarm and Bronzong.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature

-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

This Scizor works as a general sweeper, as no pokemon likes to take a priority technician choice banded stab'd hit from a Scizor with 591 Atk. It hits every Poke hard and has had many comebacks for me when I slip-up or got beat down.

Latias @ Life Orb
Levitate
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Natured

-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover

This is my special sweeper for taking out those sturdy physical walls that try to bar my physical sweepers. With those 3 attacks I have unresistable type coverage. The Life Orb helps me hit hard and I recover the damage away. It's also naturally bulky so It helps when I switch in.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Natured

-Pursuit
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

The infamous scarftar. It outspeeds nearly everything except for base 130 speed pokes, of which there are very few. This functions great as a revenge killer and general sweeper, I can come in and pursuit Psychics and Ghost. I can nearly all Flying types with Stone Edge and Earthquake lets me OHKO heatran and either 2hko or 1hko all other fire types.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate
232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Natured

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

This is my other sweeper. I switch in to something I scare. DD on the switch and if able do another DD. Then sweep with Outrage as much as I can. Usually mence isn't out for long because of the Stealth Rock damage he takes. So he just goes in and takes out as many as he can.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Natured

-Body Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Roost

My paraflinchkiss. The Ev's and Nature are for maximum bulkiness so I can switch in and T-Wave. Then start Air Slashing so I can flinch. I have swept entire teams with this strategy and even had a couple of rage quits after I started doing it. Body Slam is for those part ground or volt absorb pokes. Roost is there so I can recover any damage and null my ice and thunder weakness.

There is my team! It has been working alright with me although I'm open to any criticism and changes. A huge problem I have is Scarfgons. I was thinking of getting one. Please rate :D

I just thought it was odd that you didn't have a Pokemon to set up Stealth Rock with, so seeing as there aren't many leads weak to Grass Knot bar Tyranitar and Swampert, so I think it would be worth it to replace Grass Knot with Stealth Rock, seeing as you'll get a lot more OHKO's, especially with your Tyranitar, and Scizor.

I just thought it was odd that you didn't have a Pokemon to set up Stealth Rock with, so seeing as there aren't many leads weak to Grass Knot bar Tyranitar so I think it would be worth it to replace Grass Knot with Stealth Rock, seeing as you'll get a lot more OHKO's, especially with your Tyranitar, and Scizor.
Alright thanks.

But then on the other hand, Swampert does take out a fair portion of your team, so it might be better to keep it. Or you can give Latias Grass Knot, but then you can't handle Gyarados with him, but Tyranitar can survive a Gyarados Waterfall, and hit him back with Stone Edge. So there are a lot of things to consider before making any changes.

Hi there lets get to it :S
Jirachi-I'm guessing you like the offensive pace. SR could benefit this team breaking sashs but sandstorm could do that. Keep it like that if you having loads of success with that Jirachi.

Scizor-You could switch to the SD set because having 2 pursuiters is kinda stupid. Tyranitar should be the pursuiter and the SD set could cause people problems. 200hp/252attack/58speed. Adamant with LO or lefties. Bullet Punch/Superpower/Roost/Swords dance.

Latias-Just the same as choice scarfed version just with more power and less speed. I think scarf could come in handy as DDmence can wipe your team out. 4hp/252SpA/252speed Timid Choice scarf. DracoMeteor/Surf/Thunderbolt/Trick.

Tyranitar-Instead of EQ Superpower. EQ is just worthless with no stab and there are a bunch of flying types. SALAMENCE COUUGH COUGHH. Superpower can help you kill blissey in 1 move.

Salamence is fine but if you hate being stuck on outrage use dragonclaw over it.

Togekiss-Strange set but I find it useless besides the T-wave. Relying on hack isn't always good. I recommend switching this. Something to suit your teams offensive pace. Maybe just keep that current Latias set or switch it to a bulky CM set. And switch this for a scarf starmie. This can help you with DDmence,DDgyarados and scarf flygon. Starmie choicescarf timid 4hp/252SpA/252Speed/ Surf or Hydropump/Thunderbolt/icebeam/trick or recover or rapid spin your choice.

Good Luck Hope I Helped :D

Hi there lets get to it :S
Jirachi-I'm guessing you like the offensive pace. SR could benefit this team breaking sashs but sandstorm could do that. Keep it like that if you having loads of success with that Jirachi.

Scizor-You could switch to the SD set because having 2 pursuiters is kinda stupid. Tyranitar should be the pursuiter and the SD set could cause people problems. 200hp/252attack/58speed. Adamant with LO or lefties. Bullet Punch/Superpower/Roost/Swords dance.

Latias-Just the same as choice scarfed version just with more power and less speed. I think scarf could come in handy as DDmence can wipe your team out. 4hp/252SpA/252speed Timid Choice scarf. DracoMeteor/Surf/Thunderbolt/Trick.

Tyranitar-Instead of EQ Superpower. EQ is just worthless with no stab and there are a bunch of flying types. SALAMENCE COUUGH COUGHH. Superpower can help you kill blissey in 1 move.

Salamence is fine but if you hate being stuck on outrage use dragonclaw over it.

Togekiss-Strange set but I find it useless besides the T-wave. Relying on hack isn't always good. I recommend switching this. Something to suit your teams offensive pace. Maybe just keep that current Latias set or switch it to a bulky CM set. And switch this for a scarf starmie. This can help you with DDmence,DDgyarados and scarf flygon. Starmie choicescarf timid 4hp/252SpA/252Speed/ Surf or Hydropump/Thunderbolt/icebeam/trick or recover or rapid spin your choice.

Good Luck Hope I Helped :D
Wow thanks, this helped a ton. Gettin rid of the kiss. It's saved my ass more times than I can count on my hands with the hax but I've also lost ;_;.

Switching Scizor set
Replacing Kiss with breloom.
Giving Tar Superpower.
Fixing up Latias.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)