SM OU First RMT(Offensive zapdos bulky offense) (1800+)

This is my first RMT, I usually just build lolteams, but this time I wanted to try building something with not too much memes ._.

I noticed how the meta was weak to offensive zapdos, so I wanted to build something around it.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

I' m not very good at building, so I didn't know very well how to start... anyway I noticed how zapdos couldn't really do much versus special defensive pokemons or alolan marowak, so wanted to add someone that could use a really strong knock off, and what mon better than crawdaunt for spamming knock off?

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

I noticed the core was weak to fairies, dragons and mega heracross, I needed a defogger too, so I decided to add scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn

I now needed a scarf mon, something which could resist some hits from ash-greninja and a cleaner for late game so I thought of adding keldeo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

I needed a srocker now and I wanted to add something wich could do chip damages to the opposing mons, my team was weak to rain teams so I added Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

I noticed I was very weak to mega-chary Y and didn't have much entries to electric mons, I thought of marowak at first but it was kinda slow and it hasn't possible rocoveries so mega-chary Y would still be a problem so I opted for a strange set of rotom-Heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I think I should now explain some of these set :

-The offensive zapdos is becoming less rare, roost is to recover a bit of health for lo damage, I prefearred static to pressure because my team isn't that fast so a para is Always useful.
-I made crawdaunt band for maximize damage, crawdaunt is one of the only answers I have vs stall so even adamant nature is very usuful, crunch is there for hitting megas and Z-move user
-Scizor set is classic, I don't think I have something to explain
-Same with keldeo :/
-I gave twave to ferrothorn for the same reason of static on zapdos ._.
-Rotom-heat is there for taking hits from char-y, mega-camerupt and electric types, peaple usually think it's scarf/specs so they go on garchomp/zygarde expecting the overheat/volt switch so u can usually take advantage of that using wow on their obvious entry.
Pain split is there for recovery

I'm laddering right now, when I'm in high ladder I'll post replays
Like I said before I'm not very good at building so if you have some suggestions feel free to post them ;).

edit: OK I think 1808 is an acceptable elo so I will post the replays:

Medicham-mega: I don't have nothing that can resist an hjk very well, I usually use crawdaunt aqua jet+scald of keldeo to kill it

charizard-mega x with ddance: if he can ddance I don't have nothing which resists it, I usually use crawdaunt aqua jet+ scald of keldeo to kill it

Naganadel: his good typing, his good movepool,his good stats are a lot of problem for the team, I usually hp ice it with zapdos on the nasty plot or twave it with ferrothorn on the nasty plot but if he setups on other pokemons he really is a problem(this team was made before usum so I didn't think it was so OP).

Probably because I'm stupid I didn't see many other threats so if u have some just post them ò_ò

this team is really funny and not bad as it seems so I hope u will enjoy it

Last edited:

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, cool team. I especially like the idea of Life Orb Zapdos.
A few things i would change however:

342.png --> 248.png
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Tyranitar is still a solid stallbreaker but it can also beat Charizard X. Which you mentioned was a threat to the team.

+1 252 Atk Charizard-Mega-X Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Tyranitar: 254-300 (74.4 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means it always lives a +1 attack after rocks.

Tyranitar also traps Latios, which helps Keldeo do more work.

479h.png --> 226.png
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic

I understand using Rotom as a Charizard Y counter, but Mantine does it better and helps with other threats, such as Volcarona and Protean Greninja.

Ferrothorn usually keeps Electric types like Tapu Koko in check, so I think Mantine is definetely better.

212-m.png

Bulky Defog --> Swords Dance
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Now that you have Mantine to Defog, you can run SD knock-off Scizor which helps more against things like Toxapex, or bulky things in general.

I hope this was a helpful rate :]

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Yeah, Manectric is a threat. But it isn't very common. Best thing to do is pivot into ttar, or pivot into ferro then go ttar.

Then click banded pursuit on the volt switch which does alot even after intimidate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)