Firefox 4: Mozilla Chrome?

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Yeah, I know

I dont know what the hell Mozilla is thinking, but hey, people copy things all the time to be successful

HEY GUYS INSTEAD OF ENJOYING HOW MUCH RIDICULOUSLY BETTER IT IS THAN FIREFOX 3 I'M GOING TO BITCH ABOUT HOW IT LOOKS VAGUELY LIKE ANOTHER BROWSER

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've always liked Firefox, FF4 hasn't been disappointing in the slightest!

firefox was a lagging unresponsive shit browser imo. it took 5 hours to open and just decided to kick rocks and crash when ever the fuck it wanted. I switched to chrome 2 years ago and never looked back.

In what way is Firefox 4 "ridiculously better" than 3? They put in lots of bad features (like the switch to tab which makes it impossible to autocomplete urls lots of the time), ripped off Google Chrome, and called it a day. It might have better security protocols or something, but I have not seen any positive improvements.

It is not like they remotely fixed the memory leak either.

Chrome is good at everything except whenever you want to use a whole lot of BBCode/HTML here.

Like when you're trying to make attractive CAP ASB reffing posts.

Hence why I would use both Chrome and Firefox together.

Haven't seen Firefox 4 yet, but 3 had its uses.

EDIT: ...memory leak?

Why would you ever use Mozilla when you have INTERNET EXPLORER!?!? You can explore all the internets. But for real, I'm just glad they're making a better browser, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I use both, since Firefox's Adblock is much, much better at blocking ads inside streaming content. However, Chrome has a lot of small touches that I very much like, such as a plugin that auto-pauses Firefox, or Chrome's tendency to put the close tab button in the same place repeatedly when you are closing multiple tabs. I also still prefer Chrome's interface, since it just feels cleaner.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
every browser has their pros and cons, either deal with it or write your own damn browser!!

Hasn't Firefox 4 been out for a while? Shouldn't you have complained about it earlier/gotten used to it by now?

firefox 4 was released months ago o_o

i never liked firefox 3 (it was slow and lacked default features) and i was too lazy to install firefox 4 manually, so i don't actually know anything about it yet.

i'll get firefox 4 when i upgrade my os in less than a month. until then, opera is still the best browser for my needs

It is quite a bit like Chrome, I suppose. However I prefer firefox mostly because all my bookmarks are on FF and Im too lazy to transfer them. Chrome is good, FF is good, but as long as I can surf th net I dont really care. And not get viruses. Screw IE.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Are you people seriously bitching about the appearance of a browser when said appearance is almost 100% customizable through themes, personas, and about:config?

I'll always love Firefox due to the incredible extensibility - NoScript, AdBlockPlus, and the half a dozen other extensions I use have no equal anywhere else. If you're not willing to invest the time to customize Firefox to your liking, then yeah, you should probably stick with Opera or Chrome because they do have mild performance advantages. I guess I just don't understand why people would use a browser that is meant to be tweaked with and then complain that it doesn't perform as well out-of-the-box as browsers that are built to be used that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)