Exportables for sets on-site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, I recently thought of an idea that is primarily useful for people who rate teams or just post sets for pokemon all over the forum.

If you want to post a set somewhere, you either have to type everything up, or you have to open the ps teambuilder, enter the set and export it. If there would be an exportable for the standards sets that are on-site, people can just click the export button, and the set is copied. Then they can paste it wherever they want.

It may seem like an idea for lazy people, but if you want to post several pokemon sets, typing them all up takes a rather long time, which is unnecessary, especially if they're just the standard sets from the smogon site.

So, I hope people agree with me, I'm sorry if this suggestion has been made before, it's just that I think this would be a great addition to the already awesome smogon site ;)

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Replicating an on-site set on PS! takes a little over 30 seconds..

(less than 15 if you're used to it)

Which should precipitate into less than 10 minutes to build a team you want.

While yes it will save time, but the incentive isn't worth the amount of work you would need to put in to achieve this (considering we have 3000+ analyses over 5 generations and 6 tiers.)

I suggest you just get used to wasting a few seconds of your precious time.

So, if you want to post a standard set on the forum, you first open ps, open the teambuilder, make a new team, fill in the pokemon, item, moves, look for ev's in the on-site analysis, fill them in, then export the team and copy paste it into the post you're about to make? I don't know if you read my statement that the main purpose for the button wouldn't be teambuilding on ps, but posting sets on forums, for example pokemon suggestions in RMT's.

I agree that it would be a lot of work to change all 3000+ analyses, but maybe smogon can implement this in gen VI? Then all the analyses have to be written again anyway. It shouldn't be too hard to make a 'copy set' button next to the set.

Oh, and btw I'm not afraid of wasting time, but if we're going to change all analyses when gen VI starts, we might as well implement this to make rating a team a little easier. Shouldn't be too difficult to program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)