Enter the Era of Sub Terrakion!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
INTRODUCTION:

Hello Guys! I know, I have made many RMT's in the past. But I think, this is by far my most successful team yet. I wanted to create this team to orbit around my NWO Terrakion set. The objective is to clear a path for Terrakion to sweep either early-game, mid-game, or late-game. This team is near perfect, and I decided, that I would get rates from everyone. If you use my team, PLEASE give me credit for it c:​

Process:
Terrakion is obviously the first member for this team. I was inspired by NWO set, that is both unexpected and effective. I decided that I would add Celebi to Terrakion to create my own Celerakion. Celerakion covers work well together, ridding most of the others weaknesses. With Gliscor and Scizor as threats, I decided to add Rotom-W to help me with those threats. I really wanted hazards with this team, as it helps Terrakion sweep, so I decided on a Deoxys-S lead, to enable this as much as possible. Just in case my opponent has a spinner, I decided that this team needs hazards on my last two members. I need these two support/walls to have synergy, so I decided on SkarmBliss. Skarmory provides spikes, phzaing, and walling. Since my team is very offensive at the moment, I need very high defenses, and SkarmBliss is exactly what I need. Blissey is the final member for this team, providing Heal support for my new Terrakion set, and my sweepers. It is one of the best wish passers known to man I swear it!​

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat
Deoxys-S is perfect, as I want hazards up as quick as possible. I run taunt to hit other taunt leads, or leads who would try to paralyze me, or set up their own hazards. Magic Coat may seem odd, as an attack may work better, however, priority Taunt is annoying, and easily countered by Magic Coat as it works like Magic Bounce, the ability. Spikes and Stealth Rocks are my hazards that I need, but speciafically, SR is most important for to get up first. I don't really care for Toxic Spikes, which is why I don't run it. Deoxys-S only has problems with T-Tar leads, but fine other than that. I also love how my team could give two shits about hazards XD.
Deoxys-S's Jobs:
~ Taunt
~ Fast Hazards
~ Scouting
~ Fodder​

Replacments:

Deoxys-S is now banned from the Smogon Server, so I am using a Jellicent instead.​

@ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EV'S: 248 Hp/216 Def/44 Spe​

~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Taunt
~ Recover
~ Scald​

[Reccommended By: Psycho Cut and X5Dragon]​

Jellicent allows me to tackle Infernape much better. Jelli can fire WoW to any threats suchas Scizor, and fighting threats that can be a problem. Jelli does a nice job spinblocking, so I can keep my hazards on the field. Recover + Taunt help me wall and tackle baton pass teams. Jellicent is a nice addition to this team.​

Jobs:​

~ Spinblocking
~ Fighting Counter
~ Spread WoW
~ Taunt​

@ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
Skarmory is a highly defensive Pokemon. With the lack of defense on this team, I feel that the SkarmBliss is needed for me. With hazards up, Skarmory and Blissey can go on the defense for my team, and slowly chip away at my teams threats. Spikes is for back-up or to complete Deoxys-S's job. Whirlwind is also a nice niche for my team, as I can spread my hazards around or fuck up set up Pokemon/Wish passing. Roost is so that I can annoy the shit out of you all day. Roost allows me to refresh Sturdy on the obv switches or to stall out LO damage. Or, simply, to heal. Brave Bird is so that I am not taunt bait, and so I can hit a few fighting threats that have access to Mach Punch and can ruin Terrakion's day.
Skarm's Job:
~ Spikes Back-Up
~ Phazing
~ Walling

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
I know, your first quesiton is: WHY HEALING WISH FREAK? Trust me; it works. I use it in conjunciton with my Terrakion set, which, I will explain Healing Wish when we get to him. Wish is obvious, as my team is offensive with LO everywhere. Stealth Rock is simply for back up, as spinners will ruin my day otherwise. Seismic Toss is so that I am not taunt bait, and so if Blissey must, 1v1 KO a Pokemon. Blissey is highly needed as I run so much offense, that its bulk is needed.
Blissey's Job:
~ Walling
~ Wish Passing
~ Healing Wish for Terrakion
~ Stall

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Rotom-W is needed for sure. My offensive core works great, but without the glue [Rotom-W], this team wouldn't be able to stand on its own. Hydro Pump can hit anything that can't resist it hard, and I can abuse any rain, and abuse its STAB. Volt Switch is simply for switch advantage, which works great with SkarmBliss. Trick is to cripple walls [Note: Whenever I switch into Rotom-W, usually my opponent switches into their wall to take a V-Switch, thats the best time to use trick!]. HP [Ice] is to abuse timid/scarf. I perfer the speed, as I do not need power from this thing, just to deal with a few threats to my core. So, crippling walls with scarf, and hitting things like Gliscor and Scizor. Speed is really nice, as I can care less for power with Rotom-W. Rotom-W is a nice way to beat down my opponent so my Terrakion can sweep.
Rotom-W's Job:
~ Beat down threats
~ Cripple Threats/Walls
~ Switch Advantage

@ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
Nasty Plot Celebi is one whore. It works so well with Terrakion, and with its power, sometimes I do not even need Terrakion to sweep! With wish support, I can risk any amount of damage, as I can heal a lot of things off. Blissey has so much health, that as long as I can live a hit, I can heal. Blissey draws in fighting types, allowing Celebi to come in and just heal off those. Psychic is kind of rare on Celebi, but when I use Blissey to attarct fighting foes, its like butter. It can OHKO Conkeldurr without any boosts from NP with it. HP [Fire] allows me to hit weakned Scizor [hazards ;P], and Ferrothorn. Giga Drain provides STAB and longivity. Celebi is the heart and soul of this team, and I love it to piecies. However, its main job is to beat down on Terrakion's threats, so I can attempt a sweep with my Terrakion.
Celebi's Job:
~ Pull of a sweep
~ Beat Down on Terrakion's threats
~ Abuse wish

@ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
This is NWO set, the substitue/swords dance Terrakion. Terrakion scares off a lot of Pokemon, bluffing the ever-so-common scarf/band. This is my advantage. As soon as I set up a substitue, Pokemon like Scizor all of a sudden lose to me. After one Swords Dance, I can demolish teams. I can break down walls. The problem: substitue and LO take quite a toll on Terrakion. Wish/Healing Wish can heal health and status, making this Terrakion beast. As soon as nothing can directly counter it, I can set up a substitute and proceed to demolish my opponent.
Terrakion's Job:
~ Sweep
~ Abuse Team support
~ Abuse cleric in Blissey​

~ Abuse 'pwn' ability

Please leave a fair, through, rate :)

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
:) Ok,

Deoxys-S was uber back in 4rth gen, but it dropped back to OU sometime after. I am sorta thinking history will repeeat itself, but, Heatran also works out nicely :)

You have only one fighting resist, wheras you have 3 fighting weaknesses. Although Celebi is a great fighting check, good players may predict the switch and use X-scissor with their terrakion, for example.

Since your team is very hazard based, a ghost, such as Jellicent or Gengar, to spn block and absorb fighting attacks would be greatly beneficial.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
But, the problem, is where can I put that? Skarmory can eat a few fighting hit fine, and Celebi is great. Keep in mind that not a lot of fighting types can out speed Rotom-W with Timid + Scarf, so I should be able to dent them, or just Volt-Switch and phaze them with Skarm to slowly chip at them. Jellicent/Blissey or Jellicent/Skarm both have a huge electric weakness, and with Rotom-W flying everywhere, its not best to explocit that, especially since Volt-Turn is ever-so common. Volt-Turn can be shut down with the help of Celebi and a few good plays. As, Scizor is a big threat, especially alongside Rotom-W, but Rotom-W can counter Scizor, and, Celebi is the best counter for Rotom-W. Terrakion cannot really answer to Skarm, especially with Brave Bird, so Terrakion is checked by Skarm, as terrakion needs a SD boost to actually dent Skarm.

I'd replace Heatran with Jellicent, as Heatran seems to be doing the least for your team. True, this'd make your team weaker to electric, but the vast majority of electric attacks in OU are going to be special, which Blissey can wall. Besides, electric is no way near as common as fighting.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
I lose the F/G/W core, but I could try it, as it would help me with a few things and fire offa few WoW here and there, so I will experiment with it.

Hey shur, long time bro. :D

I'll give it a better rate when I get home, but have you tried an eviolite Chansey over Blissey? It'll provide you more bulk in the defense and special defense at the cost of maybe 100 or so health points. Also, you can try recover over psychic on Celebi to give it more longetivity, and not put as much stress on Blissey. If not, you should make your celebi a bit faster.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Eviolite,

Well, generally, Wish passing is better with Blissey, and it generally works better with Skarm. But, I haven't tried it yet. It might make for a batter lead than Jelli, so I would be gauranteed rocks, and be bale to wall mostly every lead...

I will try it for sure :)

Team looks solid and the thing I miss here perhaps a spinblocker, a bold jellicent would do wonders since, it can taunt, WoW and Toxic depending on what you need.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Update [Which, I will apply to above post]

Heatran<Bold Jellicent

Testing:

Blissey<Chansey

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I am going to edit the above post c:

Hey Shurtugal, Sub Terrakion is a deadly sweeper but it requires proper team support to be effective. Toxic Spikes (and spikes to a lesser degree) will often cut Terrakions sweep short because you lose a lot of HP when you add up subs and life orb recoil. On this particular team, rapin spin is a lot more important than a spin blocker. A quick fix without changing the team would be to replace Jellicent with Tentacruel. Tentacruel can not only rapid spin but set up toxic spikes of your own to help wear down bulky walls so Terrakion can muscle its way through easier.

Another thing a highly recommend is trying to fit Thunder Wave on Blissey or Celebi (or both!). Sub Terrakion greatly appreciates Thunder Wave support for 2 reasons: it increases the chances of getting a free sub up and it helps Terrakion get past faster pokemon such as Scarf Terrakions and Latios who otherwise can come in and revenge kill it. Good luck with the team!

Krum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)