Electric Terrain Balance

Tapu Koko.gif
Kyurem Black.gif
Hawlucha.gif
Gliscor.gif
Toxapex.gif
Mega Scizor.gif

Introduction
This is my first time submitting a team to the Rate My Team forum, so forgive if I'm doing things a little wrong. I've used Showdown since early 2014 and started battling competitively since 2015. This is a team that I have created recently with the intent of using an Electric Terrain combo team as the offensive backbone to a Balance archetype team and using Gliscor+Toxapex as a Defensive backbone since I saw PH Defog Gliscor to be interesting. The Scizor was put in as a way to deal with Kartana because I really hate going up against it. I've played a good amount of games in the 1500 range on the ladder to give you a perspective on where on the ladder this was tested in. Now that I got the introductions out of the way, time to explain the team.

Tapu Koko
Tapu Koko.gif

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko is the Electric Terrain setter of the team. It's job is to pivot out after setting up the terrain with Volt Switch or U-Turn or attack with BoltBeam coverage to pick off any members left on the opponent's side. The Magnet was chosen as the item to boost the power of its main offensive moves (Thunderbolt and Volt Switch) while not weakening itself with Life Orb recoil or locking itself in a move with a choice item since it's suppose to pivot out. The EV spread is just cookie-cutter Offensive Koko spread.​

Kyurem-Black
Kyurem Black.gif

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black is one of the most well known Pokémon to be used to abuse Electric Terrain since under it the power of Fusion Bolt practically makes it a STAB move in conjunction with its monstrous 170 Attack stat. The option for Z-Freeze Shock as a one hit nuke was nice in situations where I wanted to weaken or get rid of a threat that was in front of Kyurem. The Earth Power was put on to have coverage against Steel types like Heatran. This also switches in well against Zapdos which can give most of the other members some trouble. The EV spread makes the Z Moves and Fusion Bolts hit as hard as possible while not weakening the spammable Ice Beam.​

Hawlucha
Hawlucha.gif

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

This Pokémon is a BEAST and is so fun to sweep with. If you can get a Zapdos weakened enough or KO'd, you're practically free to win the game. Even then, it's great for weakening the opposing team for Koko or Kyurem to pick off later. The Speed EV's let it outspeed every relevant Scarfer so the random Scarf Koko won't revenge kill. Stone Edge is put on so it has a fighting chance against Zapdos if it is weakened.​

Gliscor
Gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Here is where the Defensive backbone starts. Ever since USUM came out, I wanted to use Gliscor with Defog since it was always something that couldn't be used because of Hidden Abilities not existing in DPP. Now that we finally have it I want to use it. So because of that, Gliscor was the chosen Defogger for the team. The EV's are to always out speed Heatran and KO it with Earthquake. The rest are to help with its Spdef while switching into Heatran or any other attacker it may be switching into. Knock Off is used as an annoyance and to get rid of any Scarfers the opponent might have to help out Kyurem. With it's typing it is able to switch into Electric attacks for Toxapex, Ground attacks for Koko and Pex, and Fighting attacks for Kyurem (if Pex were to fall).​

Toxapex
Toxapex.gif

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

This is Toxapex. It is the best defensive mon. Moving on.

In all seriousness, Toxapex is great paired with Gliscor. They both get rid of any hazards easily with Defog and Poison type. They both switch into each others weaknesses. Ground and Electric is dealt by Gliscor and Ice and Water is dealt by Pex. Plus Pex can take Steel and Fairy moves for Kyurem, Fire moves from Scizor, and weaken Physical attackers with Scald for Hawlucha to set up more easily. Double Knock Off is used to really make sure any Scarfer could be stopped by this Defensive Core, also to get rid of any Leftovers to widdle down the opponent faster with attacks. Haze is there to hopefully stop any setup sweepers. The EV's spread is to help take the hits its most likely gonna take. Funny thing is, most of my battles didn't have Toxapex with EV's. Guess I forgot to put them in while making the team.​

Mega Scizor
Mega Scizor.gif

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
I really don't like fighting Kartana. It just sweeps most of the teams I create with most, if not all, the sets it has. So to stop this, I have this Scizor. Eats up any hit it can throw out and surprise kill it in return with HP Fire, yes that is the only reason it has that and the only reason it's on the team. Other than that it can switch into Physical Attacks for the team, Roost it off, and then Pivot out to another team member. It can also help weaken or pick off opposing mons with Bullet Punch and help deal with Fairies for Hawlucha and Kyurem.​

Conclusion

This was a team I had a lot of fun using and I wanted to try out the Rate My Team for once. Electric Terrain was a composition I wanted to try out and I got a good amount of success with this team. I felt like Scizor was just tacked on at the end, I have a really bad habit of doing that while teambuilding, so hopefully I didn't make a bad decision in putting it on the team. If you have any suggestions for a replacement, leave a comment and I can try it out. If there is anything about the movesets or EV spread I should change also comment about it. I would like the other 5 Pokémon to stay since Electric Terrain abuse is the name of the game and I want to keep using Gliscor as a Defogger.​

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)