Eelektross

I love this thing's design, and it's going on my in-game team for sure. I hope I can say the same about my competitive team, whether it be OU or UU when we start playing Gen V competitively.

i honestly think that this thing is highly usable and has a decent stat spread and it even looks cool to me

btw first post ever and i have been on for almost a year, lol

I'm thinking a mixed set is definitely the way to go. How about something like this?

Shibirudon@Life Orb
Mild; 116 Atk / 252 SpA / 140 Speed

Grass Knot
Brick Break
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

This set runs enough speed to outrun 0 Speed Milotic and blast it with Thunderbolt. Brick Break on the set hits (44.26% - 52.38%) against Max/Max Bold Blissey, a solid 2HKO. Thunderbolt is more effective against the more physically defensive bulky waters and Skarmory, while Flamethrower rounds out coverage against bulky Grass types. Finally, Grass Knot hits ground pokemon like Swampert and Hippowdon for super-effective damage.

Expert Belt is also an option as this set hits 10 types Super effectively, but it will require a bit more attack investment to 2HKO Blissey.
how is 44.26% - 52.38% a solid 2hko? blissey uses leftovers, and it might even protect a turn if its the wish set

To those discussing whether or not the attack stat is high or not, consider this. The usefullness of a Pokemon's attack stat really isn't decided so much by the attack of the pokemon around it, but the defenses of the pokemon around it. The only case in which this would matter is if there was another pokemon that filled the same role and outclassed it with higher attack.

Just a little nitpick: Levitate doesn't negate SR damage
Never did, but noone claimed that Tomb was safe either.

To those discussing whether or not the attack stat is high or not, consider this. The usefullness of a Pokemon's attack stat really isn't decided so much by the attack of the pokemon around it, but the defenses of the pokemon around it. The only case in which this would matter is if there was another pokemon that filled the same role and outclassed it with higher attack.
Makes sense, but one must consider whether or not it's a niche worth filling in the first place. No x2 or x4 weakness is great, and immunity to EQ is also great, but the stats and movepool just aren't there. I can definitely see this little fella climbing up to BL, but no higher.

according to serebii its pre evolution learns a poison type coil move who raises atack defence and Acc in a single use i see this guy using a bulky set in UU 85/80/80 no weakness and ground imunity isnt that bad at all and after a boost he can run an mixed set with thunder since it raises accuracy too coil seems to be the chance this guy has to be bulky

This Pokemon is a great Ground Check... Choised attackers get haulted... Ground types swich out in fear of grass knot and water types wont ever switch in... better speed would have made it OU but definetely would have lessened overall bulk... its just a frail leech...

I see baton passsing coming back this gen so a few speed boosts from a blaziken does wonders for this poke! equake is especially friendly to the combat chicken!!

breh

強いだね
First of all, this thing is annoying as shit to train... Screw Basurao, this is the Magikarp of Gen 5.

Anyway, Coil has been noted but not discussed. Coil is an amazing move and has multiple benefits. It boosts 3 stats - attack, defense, and accuracy - and each boost has its uses. The Defense boost is ever-useful and helps to take hits just that much better. The Accuracy boost may seem useless, but it can be used to boost the paltry accuracy of Zap Cannon or - even better - Thunder. Having a 120 BP move with no disadvantages is far from bad. Shibirudon also is not lacking high-power coverage moves from the TMs that it learns. I'm thinking something like this:

[SET]
name: Special Coil
move 1: Coil
move 2: Thunder / Zap Cannon
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: HP Ice / Grass Knot
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def

HP Ice is for... Ononokusu pretty much. If you don't fear it, run Grass Knot. Thunder vs. Zap Cannon is dependant upon whether you want Paralysis or better PP and Accuracy.

Going the other way around, physical attack is also a viable option.

[SET]
name: Physical Coil
move 1: Coil
move 2: Wild Bolt
move 3: Brick Break
move 4: Crunch
item: Leftovers
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def

On a lighter note, I love how this thing looks as derpy as can be and stands on the ground, yet is still pretty awesome (stats and movepool-wise) and classed as having levitate.

Lastly, to the OP: Update this thread please... It's really disorganized and the set in the OP uses the godawful Dragon Tail.

how is 44.26% - 52.38% a solid 2hko? blissey uses leftovers, and it might even protect a turn if its the wish set
I'm assuming Blissey will be running more SpDef this gen, I should have specified. And Shibirudon can always run more attack to ensure the KO against Bold Blissey with Stealth Rock.

And the Coil sets look interesting, will definitely have to try them out.

I never called 140 the norm. I called 115 the norm(ish). So youve got an average attacker and a a slighty below average special attacker. Once again, to be fair, most of the pokemon that reach the attack stats im talking about aren't as bulky as Shibirudon, but if its gonna run any kind of mixed set it cant afford to invest in defenses, sabatoging its pseudo-bulk.
You are basing this off of a handful of Pokemon like Ohnodragon, Shanderaa, and Hihidaruma who have 130+ offensive stats. But only 1 high offensive stat. Shibirudon has 115/115 in both, and that's pretty good. You're completely over exaggerating... OP is also delusional for saying it has bad stats.

And it's defenses are fairly decent. Only problem is it's low speed. But, I think it can work as a pretty effective mixed wall breaker. Kinda like an opening sweeper before the main show, or even just to clean up anything left alive.

You are basing this off of a handful of Pokemon like Ohnodragon, Shanderaa, and Hihidaruma who have 130+ offensive stats. But only 1 high offensive stat. Shibirudon has 115/115 in both, and that's pretty good. You're completely over exaggerating... OP is also delusional for saying it has bad stats.

And it's defenses are fairly decent. Only problem is it's low speed. But, I think it can work as a pretty effective mixed wall breaker. Kinda like an opening sweeper before the main show, or even just to clean up anything left alive.
Actually he has 115 Attack / 105 Sp. Attack.

Still good though if he wants to use T-bolt or Flamethrowers against Physical walls.

Coil set up:
228HP 164SPE 80ATK 36DEF
@leftovers Adamant
Coil
thunder wave/nitro charge
Wild Bolt
Return/Crunch/Dragon Tail

T-wave is recommended as you will be annoying your opponent's non ground type sweepers a lot. Nitro charge can be used if you want another attack. Dragon tail to phaze the opponent that tends to set up, Crunch for having a slight chance of lowering opponent's defense while return offers more base power.

Oh and I notice something, why U-turn when you could use Volt change? A STAB U-turn is better right? I know ground types are immune to it, but has it been confirmed that you won't switch out if it deals no damage?

I think it could do well with a Sub +3 attack set. Something like Substitute/Volt Change/Grass Knot/Brick Break.

Pretty basic. A slow Volt Change can help you get a free switch in for one of your sweepers, so that works pretty well. However, It would be nice to get some paralysis, so Discharge so be used instead of Volt Change.

I think this poke is very interesting. The low speed hurts, but overall, I think its pretty solid. I'm interested in seeing how the above set would work getting in some of your frailer sweepers.

I like its attack stats but its speed is terrible. defenses are OK but I wouldn't stamp it a wall though. but this thing has scout potential with t wave and volt change and maybe dragon tail if you're feeling lucky xD

Shibirudon has great potential. No weaknesses with resistances that don't suck. It can be a bulky scout, taking a hit, then switching out with Electric change. It can switch in on metagross, jolteon, and come to think of it, magnezone, and choiced quakes, or just pokemon that rely too much on their quakes(donphan and doryuzuu come to mind.) He can then retaliate with wildbolt, flamethrower, or phaze with dragon tail. A good setup might be

Calm
Hp252 Def 216
SpAtk 40

Discharge,
Flamethrower
Dragon Tail
Volt Change

85/80 defenses with this kind of investment are able to take unboosted, unstabed beatings pretty good. With Shibirudon's ability, he should have no problem forcing switches and causing mayhem. I nominate him the OU that nobody expects.

Shibirudon is definitely my favorite from 5th gen. He looks badass, his stats are definitely usable, and his sprite dances. Yeah, it's a pity its not Water/Elec with Levitate, but having no weaknesses at all is pretty sweet.

I love boosting tanks and I'm so stoked he gets Coil so here's my mixed set, designed to take advantage of the boosts provided by coil and his great type coverage:

Name: Tesla Coil
@ Lefties
Levitate, Sassy
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpDef (Standard Curse-y Spread)
Coil
Zap Cannon
Dragon Claw
Brick Break/U-Turn

Perfect coverage in Electric/Dragon/Fighting. (Shedinja doesn't exist these days)
100% Paralysis in Zap Cannon to patch his speed a bit. It reaches around 84% Acc after two Coils, 100% after 3. I personally love Zap Cannon, and its animation is SO worth that great risk you take in using it.
Dragon Claw cause everyone loves Dragon's coverage
Brick Break to maim shit and rip down those walls of light.
U-turn rather than Brick Break will lose you coverage on Steelix/Magnezone/Doryuuzu, but will give you an escape button. I'd rather stay in and use those boosts though. It's preferable to Volt Change because it will appreciate the boosts from Coil.

Think of the set as a Curse set with benefits of increasing your accuracy. It is frail in the fact that it lacks recovery, so Wish support would be greatly appreciated. Sassy over Careful because its a mixed set.

What I left out:
Volt Change is cool, but Ground types are still gonna switch in to absorb your STAB and they block it.
Flamethrower, tough choice between Brick Break and this, but I'd rather be able to kill Blissey.
Thunder, just not as cool as Zap Cannon. More PP though.
Grass Knot, same boat as Flamethrower - nothing to boost SpA (Charge beam would go on another set)

Lemme know what you think. :)

I personally don't like volt change since its pretty obvious that you will switch in a ground type and it pretty much is a free set up for any ground type pokemon. that is against the point of a scout. I would rather use u turn. And, isnt is special?

But that's the magic of it. Nobody is switching in a ground type because this thing can't be quaked. They need to send something in with a strong special stab.
To Dr.Lemure
dragon tail is more useful than dragon claw due to scouting
flamethrower might be better than brick break for most targets sans tyranitar. I know these are mainly special moves, but this thing lacks good physicals.

Yeah, it can't be quaked, but they still guard against its stab move. Dragon tail might be more useful, that negative priority just doesn't gel with Paralysis, but it's definitely worth trying out. You could certainly whack the switch with it.
I'd bet on Grass and Elec type switch ins to Shibirudon, they'll resist that stab which would make Flamethrower more appealing. That set's more specialized towards a team I'm working on. It sucks that he doesn't get Nitro Charge!

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah i'm digging this pokemon, though I think it will fill a more niche role than you are suggesting. It isnt bulky enough to take hits from things like Sazando and Hihidaruma, but is bulky enough to take advantage of resists and do some serious samage. Shame about the speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)