Dusclops

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest I actually like that Dusclops only has 40 base HP. Not only does it make his Pain Split heal a lot of health, but it also makes him an amazing partner with Chansey. The reason for this is that Chansey can fully heal Dusclops with Wish, and Dusclops can take ridiculously strong Fighting attacks for Chansey so she doesn't die. Chansey can take the Ghost attacks, and the other special attacks. They're also an incredible ToxiStalling duo.

The only problem with the combo is that you really need something that can absorb or spin away Toxic Spikes, because that will wreck Dusclops. Tentacruel fits this role pretty well since he can both absorb and spin, as well as lay his own Toxic Spikes to help the stalling. Also, you need something that can take out Steel-types that will ruin the ToxiStalling. If you can compensate for these couple of problems, you've got a really potent walling duo that's fuckishly hard to break through thanks to Dusclops getting pseudo-Healing Wishes from Chansey, and both generally being really good mixed walls with Evo Stone.

I've been using this dusclops
+ defense nature with prevo stone
252 hp 36 defense 220 special defense (sort of random alotment, but it has been working for me so far, its able to survive 2+ guts+ roopushins payback/stone edge with room to spare and choice scarf shanderaa)
Moves i've been using :disable, siesmic toss, will o wisp, pain split

Disable is so good on dusclops (especially now with 100 accuracy) and it has helped me beat scarf shandera (survive shadow ball then disable it, pain split as shandera struggles or switches), and bulk up roopushins (disable after the one attack that can hit you or disable bulk up making its attacks ineffectual.)

Yeah, I never thought of that. Blissey and Chansey with Wish would heal Dusclops very well.

Also, another thing to bear in mind is, if Dusknoir ends up in a higher usage tier than Dusclops, then you can use Leftovers Dusclops. It's not like Dusclops can't use Leftovers, it's just that there's almost no reason to if Dusknoir is available in the metagame.

I think Night Shade should go over Seismic Toss. The main switch ins to Dusclops are Ghost, so Night Shade is probably better. It's really whether you want to hit Ghosts or Normals

I've been using this dusclops
+ defense nature with prevo stone
252 hp 36 defense 220 special defense (sort of random alotment, but it has been working for me so far, its able to survive 2+ guts+ roopushins payback/stone edge with room to spare and choice scarf shanderaa)
Moves i've been using :disable, siesmic toss, will o wisp, pain split

Disable is so good on dusclops (especially now with 100 accuracy) and it has helped me beat scarf shandera (survive shadow ball then disable it, pain split as shandera struggles or switches), and bulk up roopushins (disable after the one attack that can hit you or disable bulk up making its attacks ineffectual.)
True, dusclops loves disable. It works (almost) the same way TormenTran worked last gen.

This might be a bit too gimmicky, but does anyone see any use in Spite? Insane Defenses + Spite + Pressure has got to be annoying. I remember there use to be a Spite Spiritomb set (though it must not of been that good because it was taken down).

To be honest I actually like that Dusclops only has 40 base HP. Not only does it make his Pain Split heal a lot of health, but it also makes him an amazing partner with Chansey. The reason for this is that Chansey can fully heal Dusclops with Wish, and Dusclops can take ridiculously strong Fighting attacks for Chansey so she doesn't die. Chansey can take the Ghost attacks, and the other special attacks. They're also an incredible ToxiStalling duo.

The only problem with the combo is that you really need something that can absorb or spin away Toxic Spikes, because that will wreck Dusclops. Tentacruel fits this role pretty well since he can both absorb and spin, as well as lay his own Toxic Spikes to help the stalling. Also, you need something that can take out Steel-types that will ruin the ToxiStalling. If you can compensate for these couple of problems, you've got a really potent walling duo that's fuckishly hard to break through thanks to Dusclops getting pseudo-Healing Wishes from Chansey, and both generally being really good mixed walls with Evo Stone.
I just can't justify a defensive core without lefties. Without lefties to counteract some of the passive damage you will be taking, you can easily be whittled down. I see Dusclops as suffering from Shuckle syndrome. Low HP and nearly nonexistent attack makes it pretty much unable to do much of anything while on the field

basically dusclops takes dusknoir's position
but all dusknoirs useful attacking moves are gone
so hes back to being a straigt wall
Hes good though
more fighting types = more free switches
plus willowisp wrecks them all
i dont like the pre evolution stone
but until its banned we have to deal with this monstrosity
still has crappy health though

This might be a bit too gimmicky, but does anyone see any use in Spite? Insane Defenses + Spite + Pressure has got to be annoying. I remember there use to be a Spite Spiritomb set (though it must not of been that good because it was taken down).
sets that are taken down arent nessicarily bad
just no one uses them

scarfed honchkrow was taken down
and its alot better than the banded set

Dusknoir is, in my opinion, the better user. With much higher attack stat, you can use choice band to surprise your opponent, unlike dusclops who, most of the time, is predictable. Dusclops also is severly crippled if the opponent uses a knock off, making it's defense lower than dusknoir or mr. mummy. Don't forget it has no lefties.

Dusknoir is, in my opinion, the better user. With much higher attack stat, you can use choice band to surprise your opponent, unlike dusclops who, most of the time, is predictable. Dusclops also is severly crippled if the opponent uses a knock off, making it's defense lower than dusknoir or mr. mummy. Don't forget it has no lefties.
meh but in OU knock off users are uncommon

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
But trick users aren't. Which are even worse.
Every other wall is screwed over by Trick as well since it usually involves Tricking a Choice item. How is Dusclops a special case here? Yes, his defenses do go back to normal after he loses his Evolution Stone, but even a fully evolved wall is pretty much dead weight if they're Tricked a Choice item.

breh

強いだね
But trick users aren't. Which are even worse.
But Trick users are extremely predictable. Hm, will my opponent try to do pitiful damage to me with their Lati@s/Jirachi while I heal or will they Trick me and cripple me for the rest of the match? hmmm....

Dusknoir is better as a spinblocker IMO. You don't see Dusclops 2HKOing Starmie after one turn of SR and LO damage with Shadow Sneak, do you?

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Because he has pitifully low hp. Even with an evo stone, with that spread, dusclops is 2HKO'd by Scizor's bullet punch. You can burn him though. But what do you do against special attackers. You get 2HKO'd by life orb raikou's thunderbolt. Maxing out on hp is always the way to go with dusclops.

Wait, so why is it not strategically smart to go 4hp/252def/252sp. def. I still dont understand why.
Lets say evs give 10 points, in total.

And imagine a thing with 10hp and 200 defense, without evs.

If you ev its hp, it gets 20hp/200def, twice as much bulk as the original one.
If you ev its def, it gets 10hp/210def, like 5% more bulk of the original one.

Got it?

Every other wall is screwed over by Trick as well since it usually involves Tricking a Choice item. How is Dusclops a special case here? Yes, his defenses do go back to normal after he loses his Evolution Stone, but even a fully evolved wall is pretty much dead weight if they're Tricked a Choice item.
Every other wall has the option of using mail over leftovers, which completely neuters trick without too large a loss. However, to have more bulk than dusknoir, dusclops requires evo stone. It also loses more to trick than non-evo stone walls do.

Yeah. I use CB 'noir. Their are likely better Pokemon for the job, but it can take abuse, spinblock, counter specific threats with the correct move, stop bulky set up sweepers and walls with trick, and even revenge kill weakened sweepers with priority. I feel like it is often spread thin, and that I am trying to do too much on one Pokemon, but he usualy nets me a KO.

I'm not really a competitive player at all, but wouldn't 252 Def and 252 SpD be a decent option? With max defenses, the Evo stone's boost would be even greater and Pain Split would be more effective. Would this spread be better for a Pokemon like Chansey that doesn't necessarily need the HP investment since it already has so much?

I'm not really a competitive player at all, but wouldn't 252 Def and 252 SpD be a decent option? With max defenses, the Evo stone's boost would be even greater and Pain Split would be more effective. Would this spread be better for a Pokemon like Chansey that doesn't necessarily need the HP investment since it already has so much?
the reason chansey can do it is because she has naturaly jesus-like hp. Dusclops on the other hand as one of the lowest hp stats in the entire game which lowers his defensive abilitys alot.

My only problem with this thing is that it takes all forms of passive damage,and lacks Lefties to recover. That, and Pain Split, even with Clops's ridiculously low HP, is iffy at best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)