Dusclops vs Dusknoir

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found myself interested in playing around with this generation's Doubles meta, and went to go construct a Trick Room team based loosely around my 5th Gen VGC team. I soon found myself asking a question that didn't come up last gen.

Dusclops or Dusknoir?

Without the buffs to Knock Off this gen this obviously wouldn't be an issue, Dusclops would be the ideal Trick Room setter, tanking all kinds of insane hits. But now one Knock Off and he's useless. Dusknoir on the other hand is at least comparably bulky, and has Leftovers recovery. His offensive stats are better as well, but I'm not even sure that's worth mentioning when it's probably just a better idea to use Night Shade.

So I guess the question is, is Knock Off common enough in Smogon Doubles to use Dusknoir over Dusclops?

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd say if your team already has trouble with scrafty, bisharp, crawdaunt, conkeldurr, and some lando-t's then you might wanna try dusknoir. The aforementioned pokemon (along with almost all dark pokemon) are notable for carrying knock off.
Scrafty is increasingly common as a means to stop sleep (sleep clause revoked).
Bisharp is also gaining popularity as a teammate to Terrakion
Dusknoir's Coverage in all the elemental punches along with the buffed shadow punch (no steel resist), can definitely justify using dusknoir over dusclops. Finally, you could actually have a shadow sneak that does decent chip damage. Also sitrus is usually preferred over leftovers, unless you plan on living for 5 turns.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please use the Q&A thread for simple questions such as this.

Dusclops is great for its raw bulk, but it's major Taunt bait. Dusknoir has the ability to hold Mental Herb to set up Trick Room even with a Taunt user present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)