Dual Scarfs, UU Team

The purpose of this team is to use the defensive core of Quagsire, Tangrowth and Florges to secure safe switch ins for Victini and Krook, using the great coverage that those two provide to kill the opposing team as quickly as possible. By switching between the defensive core, all of which have some form of recovery, I am usually able to predict a switch and use that opportunity to put in whatever attacker best suits it. Because this team is very opportunistic and everything needs to be able to handle a wide variety of things, I also tried to make it so that I can lose a couple of Pokemon without being at too great a disadvantage. With that being said, my team is as follows:

Beaver (Quagsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Quagsire is the first member of my defensive core, and often the one I get the most use out of. It serves as a stop to most physical scarfers, and with unaware, is free to come in on anything physical that tries to set up. I get the most use from this when the other team lacks special attackers, but having Florges to switch into usually compensates for its lack of special bulk.

Pubic Lice (Galvantula) @ Life Orb
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch

Galvantula is the first, and least important (in my opinion), part of my main offensive core. I primarily bring Galvantula in to scare out a water or grass type and set up sticky web on that turn if I deem it useful enough. It is also able to hit a decent number of things with neutral damage, and can therefore be incredibly useful late game if I eliminate any ground types and scarfers on the other team.

Minority (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Krookodile is debatably the most important part of this team and is my main sweeper. Using Moxie, as long as I have fainted any Flying types or things with Levitate, I can usually come in on a weakened Pokemon, KO it with EQ, and proceed severely dent, or flat out kill, anything that switches in. I am torn between Adamant and Timid for the nature, as although Adamant gives me that extra power that can make a difference between a 1 or 2 hit KO, Timid allows me to outspeed scarfed Victini leads (assuming they don't have a Spd boosting nature), allowing me to kill them with EQ and get an immediate Moxie boost, making up for the reduced Atk.

Jimmy Dean (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Victini completes my offensive core and serves to counter most things that Krook fears. Although scarfed Victini is usually a lead, I rarely use it as such and instead try to switch it in on things like Roserade that can't really do much to it, hit whatever switches in with the appropriate coverage move and then go out to whatever member of the defensive core best counters whatever came in. It is used to whittle down the opposing team so that Krook or the defensive core can finish the other team off.

Joint (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Florges is the second member of my defensive core and serves to tank special hits that Quag doesn't want to take. Its a pretty common wall that works well as a general utility Pokemon that can occasionally heal up one of the offensive Pokes on my team. I'm not too keen on it as it gives both of my special defenders a poison weakness, but I haven't been able to find anything else that works as well as it does. The only other thing that I was moderately happy with was an Assault Vest, specially defensive Metagross, which provided some extra attack power, but the lack of Aromatherapy and the versatile recovery move Wish was pretty detrimental to my team.

Ex-GF's Pubes (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Quiet Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tangrowth is the final member of my defensive core, and serves as a part-time offensive poke from time to time. It has enough special bulk to be able to get an attack off on something without taking too much damage, and then switch out to get most of the HP back with Regenerator. It is my main anti-fairy Pokemon, and although it doesn't play a significant role in most games, there are times when it is invaluable for its good coverage and ability to switch in to most things.

Overall, I feel that my team is pretty good, I'm not a great player, but I've been able to get to 1250-1275 Elo with this. However, I feel that I have a pretty bad Poison weakness, and a huge Roserade weakness, but I'm not sure but to fix that without greatly reducing the synergy that my team has.

Nidoking might be a good idea to counter your Poison and Roserade weakness, only thing is i wouldn't know where you would want to sub it in. Another poke that might work well is Jirachi, as he is resistant to Poison and is psychic. Just my two cents

(Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

(Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)